Secret Slimming in Paris

I had a slice!

One slice of medium pizza, I'm guessing it's somewhere near 15 syns, maybe over but hey, I have a whole week to make up for it :)

Hey soph - well done on your loss. You are doing really well. It sounds like you had a really happy and healthy weekend. The comments about Clevins being a chubby baby is ridiculous! Like you said, babies are supposed to be chubby. They wouldn't say that to an adult would they? Stupid comments.

Well done for sticking to one slice of pizza, I don't think I could have!!

Xx

At 15 Syns it's within your daily allowance and as it's a Red day (assuming that as you've taken potatoes as a B choice), you've a second A choice you could use to account for the cheese on the pizza.

Well done on sticking to one slice!

I'm hoping it wasn't too bad! I am proud of sticking to one slice, it was even harder as there was a slice left that I came across while making up Clevins' 4am feed and I almost cracked. Almost!
Hey soph - well done on your loss. You are doing really well. It sounds like you had a really happy and healthy weekend. The comments about Clevins being a chubby baby is ridiculous! Like you said, babies are supposed to be chubby. They wouldn't say that to an adult would they? Stupid comments.

Well done for sticking to one slice of pizza, I don't think I could have!!

Xx

Thanks Charley! I hope I can keep it up this week. Yes, babies are meant to be chubby! Actually one person did so 'oh, he's chubby like his Mum' in a snooty/snobby way, but that was just a passer-by in the street.

Oh yes, I meant to say that babies are meant to be chubby! In this country though, I think people say it as a compliment but I'm not sure if that's true in France, particularly in Paris.

I'm sure they don't mean to be unkind, but it can be a shock to my reserved English self!

After resisting the pizza this morning I got the day off to a good start! I might start having the danio yoghurts on a more regular basis. It'll help me to have more syns and may actually limit my over all calorie intake as I do sometimes eat the free ones mindlessly. We'll see how I get on.

Breakfast: bowl of chopped strawberries and banana followed by a 0% fat greek yoghurt
Snack: laughing cow light cheese (HEA)
Lunch: steamed salmon & courgettes followed by a danio honey yoghurt (1.5 syns)
Snacks: crab sticks
Dinner: chicken breast with mixed peppers, onions, mushrooms in a wholemeal wrap (HEB1) served with with broccoli, cabbage

Last edited:
Gaaah I can't stop eating today. Al on plan but the frustrating thing is I'm eating out of 'boredom'. Going back to work will be horrible as I'll have to leave Clevins but at least it will curb my snacking!

Breakfast: bacon, scrambled eggs & mushrooms
Snack: slice of ham, 0% fat yoghurt, strawberries & banana
Dinner: chicken thigh (with skin 5.5 syns) and lots of salad with olives (3syns)

I didn't have lunch as we came back from our walk at 4pm!

Last edited:
It's frustrating, isn't it, Patty?! I think you're right. Clevins has just had his lunch so we will go and enjoy the Sun for an hour or so.

Can anyone (pretty please!) possibly work out the syn value for a yoghurt of me, please? It's a supermarket version of the Danio but I just want to make sure they're along the same lines syn-wise:

For a 100g pot:

Energy: 349kj/82 calories
Fat: 0.1
saturated fat: 0.06
Carbs: 12.1
sugars: 11.7
Protein: 7.9
Salt: negligible

Last edited:
Thanks, Michelle!!x

For food that isn't free it's 1 syn per 20 calories but if it's partly free (the main ingredient of the item is free)the only way of accurately counting syns is using the online calculator which is for members only x

How are you doing today Soph?

Hi Charley, I'm doing OK today thanks!

We took Clevins to get his meningitis vaccination this morning and he was a very brave little boy, only cried for a second or two. He is growing so quickly! He's already 70 cm at 3 months old which is well above the 97th percentile, it's crazy! Goodness knows where we'll find clothes to fit him when he's a gangly teenager!

Just waiting for my chicken breast to cook then will have a walk with Clevins. All the pharmacies near us have ran out of the milk Clevins drinks so we'll go a bit further a field and see if we can find some more. I'm sure we will as there is a pharmacy on every corner in France. It's not urgent as I have 6 tins packed in the car for our stay in England but I'd ideally like to take 8 with us - just in case!

I realised late last night that while I'd been good at using more syns yesterday I didn't have ANY HE's - not good!

Breakfast: scrambled egg, bacon & cherry tomatoes
Lunch: chicken salad (mixed leaves, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, courgettes, grated carrots) with mozzarella (HEA)
Dinner: slimming world fish & chips (chips = HEB) 2.5 syns

Last edited:
So you could have had cheese and biscuits or toast with your brekkie - what a shame! And don't forget you can have 2 lots of HExs on Red or Green days.

Wow- 70cm already!!! I don't know about clothes when he's a gangly teenager, but I should think it's already a bit hard finding things?

Thanks for the tip, Patty. I think I will contribute to that thread. I must get some more weetabix, I like having that as a HEB. Also when I'm back in the UK my Mum & I are going to go to a group to get the new books (as you suggested) and I'm going to stock up oh Hi-Fi bars. It's a shame they don't sell them online.

I think I'm around 1000 posts short for your diary, Patty! Maybe one day! Do you think DD's friend would have recognized you?

I'm looking forward to going back 'home' this weekend! Although does anyone have tips on surviving a long car journey (food wise)? The good thing about me doing all the driving (the only good thing) is that I won't be able to snack but I am worried I'll be tempted by fastfood, particularly as F is sure to want to stop at McDonalds or the like. I'm going to pack some fruit & make up a salad but any other tips would be welcome!

I should be on plan while I'm back. My Mum is trying to do SW too although she can be a bad influence without realising it. She's always the first one to comment on my weight but then she'll wave biscuits under my nose!I was eating really healthily after I'd given birth but when she came to visit she managed to persuade me to go for cakes everyday and as she was making dinner she put butter on stuff and we had take out etc etc. By the time she left I was back to my old ways. This time I'm positive I'll be a good influence on her! Also as she'll be at work I'll do the cooking which will be a plus.

I will have one meal off plan though. F is only able to stay for 3 days as he has no holidays left but one night we'll go out for a meal and leave Clevins with my Mum. I'm going to enjoy that meal and not think about SW.

Back