Secret Slimming in Paris

Hey Sophie

Congrats on another great loss!!! You are doing so so well.

xxxx

Wow mate! Another 2kg :D Amazing!!

I toned up and strengthened my arms a bit for going to the Arctic - I had absolutely no upper body strength lol! I did chair dips, girly press ups, wall press ups, and some yoga. And it really worked!! My upper arms are far from slim, which is annoying as I have very skinny wrists lol, but it really did make a difference. Just do a few at a time and build up. I'm sure F could give you some great tips on toning your arms? From what I've read the best way to tone is to use your own body weight. If you use weights you'll build too much muscle :)

Sounds like you had a really good weekend too! Who won chess? ;) x

Oh my - aren't you doing well! That's an amazing amount lost in very little time.

Obviously, any toning exercises you do will help, but you will lose weight from your arms. I had arms like hams and they really are much better now. I'd had to stop wearing a favourite short-sleeved blouse because it was uncomfortably tight around my arms and I can still remember the thrill I got when I discovered the sleeves were actually flapping! You'll get there too - you are very determined and you are enjoying cooking which helps. Preparing your own stir-fry veg? That's dedication! Hope you have another good week.

Woweeeeee! Well done lovely lady you're certainly shifting it! That's fantastic bet you're feeling so much better xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Mrs G! I do feel much lighter, if that makes any sense?! And I'm loving wearing my RI jeans! :D

Woohoooo! What a fantastic loss, great numbers 2 weeks in a row now too, must feel amazing!

Well done on your 3st award, 3st in 3 months is incredible, you're doing so well. No wonder your old work shirt doesn't fit you with all that lost!

Enjoy your trip to Primark this weekend, hopefully you'll find loads of great bargains. :) Have a lovely day, I always love the day of WI when I lose as I just can't stop smiling! xxx

Thank you!! It is nice to see the whole picture, I often remember and regret the weeks when I've had a small loss and forget all the good work I've done! I was particularly smiley yesterday :). I'm hoping I find lots of bargains too at Primark but my hubby isn't of the same opinion.....haha!
Wow that's a fab loss, well done x
Thanks Michelle!

Hey Sophie

Congrats on another great loss!!! You are doing so so well.

xxxx

Thanks lovely!

Wow mate! Another 2kg :D Amazing!!

I toned up and strengthened my arms a bit for going to the Arctic - I had absolutely no upper body strength lol! I did chair dips, girly press ups, wall press ups, and some yoga. And it really worked!! My upper arms are far from slim, which is annoying as I have very skinny wrists lol, but it really did make a difference. Just do a few at a time and build up. I'm sure F could give you some great tips on toning your arms? From what I've read the best way to tone is to use your own body weight. If you use weights you'll build too much muscle :)
Sounds like you had a really good weekend too! Who won chess? ;) x

Thanks Cheeky! I def need to work on toning them up! At the moment I do zero exercise (no wonder I have bingo wings!) I tend to try not to ask F for exercise tips as he sort of then becomes Mr Motivation and goes way OTT! He forgets that my fitness level doesn't exist!

F won chess - quelle surprise :rolleyes:!!

Oh my - aren't you doing well! That's an amazing amount lost in very little time.

Obviously, any toning exercises you do will help, but you will lose weight from your arms. I had arms like hams and they really are much better now. I'd had to stop wearing a favourite short-sleeved blouse because it was uncomfortably tight around my arms and I can still remember the thrill I got when I discovered the sleeves were actually flapping! You'll get there too - you are very determined and you are enjoying cooking which helps. Preparing your own stir-fry veg? That's dedication! Hope you have another good week.

Thanks Patty! My arms are like hams as well! I really can't wait for them to slim down. I'd definitely be happy if they were slimmer for July & August. I spent the whole of summer last year in long sleeves when in public and I'd like to change that this year! I do love cooking, I still don't truly believe I will get to my target but I'm not going to quit either!

Yesterdays Food (Green day)

Breakfast: fruit salad & rice pudding
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans & cheese (HEA)
Dinner: sweet potato and actifried plantain (oil = HEB) and salad

I don't think green days like me any more :cry: I felt so horrible yesterday, really really bloated despite drinking lots and lots of water! It's a shame because they are my post WI treat day, but after how I felt yesterday it really wasn't a treat!

Back to a nice red day today :D and I have salmon for lunch - yeyyy!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

xx

Hehe I can imagine F getting a bit OTT with exercise and training. Maybe once you start doing a little something you could ask for his help. Fitness types are funny creatures aren't they?! lol!
My Sister joined a new gym when hers closed because her friend had become a trainer there. He's ex-army and then trained as a personal trainer. Her birthday present that year was a laminated training schedule LOL!!!

Lame about the chess!! You know I don't even know how to play chess *blush*

Such a shame about green days!! :( Do you think maybe you overdo carbs a little on the green days? Maybe make the carby portions a bit smaller and see if that helps?xx

He really does become a machine! But I imagine an ex-army personal trainer would be even more intense! Your sister must be a real glutton for punishment!

I didn't know how to play chess either before I met F but he is a chess freak so I had to learn! I am determined I'll beat him one day!

I probably do over do the carbs but I really thought potatoes would be better than pasta... Realistically I can't live without potatoes so maybe I'll try and do EE on Mondays... Or up the superfree...

Had a good red day so far today.

Here's food:

Breakfast: banana & strawberries
Lunch: Salmon & broccoli
Snack: Fruit salad & crab sticks
Dinner: Chicken breast with lettuce
Snack: 2x clementines 2x babybels (HEA)

Not sure what I'll have for dinner. I finish work at 9pm so I'll see what I fancy when I get in xxx

Last edited:
Chess is how the OH and I got together initially. He nearly always won but occasionally I managed to sneak up the side and trap him! We haven't played for years - I tend to get rather bored.

it might be that your system struggles to process large amounts of carbs now. Try having a small portion as a HExB on a Red day? Not necessarily every time you do a red day but just sometimes. I used to think it a bit of a waste of a HEx - if having potatoes, why not do EE and have unlimited potatoes - but I eventually realised that I needed the portion control and unless I'm having the potato as the main part of my meal (eg JP with cheese), then I find the red quantity more than adequate. It might be worth experimenting a little, but I know that if you've found a way that suits, it can be a bit scary trying something different.

Yesterdays Food (Green day)

Breakfast: fruit salad & rice pudding
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans & cheese (HEA)
Dinner: sweet potato and actifried plantain (oil = HEB) and salad

I don't think green days like me any more :cry: I felt so horrible yesterday, really really bloated despite drinking lots and lots of water! It's a shame because they are my post WI treat day, but after how I felt yesterday it really wasn't a treat!

Back to a nice red day today :D and I have salmon for lunch - yeyyy!!

Hope everyone has a great day!

xx

I'm the same with green and ee now. I can get away with potato but as soon as I touch pasta or rice I just bloat like a balloon! Pity really because I love the stuff.

Your food sounds lovely today, I coule eat salmon for every meal! xx

Hope you're having a nice week. I'm still very jealous that you live in Paris haha x

I would like to learn how to play, definitely :)

Rachelle's friend is really nice, but no idea what he's like as a PT lol! I am not and I doubt ever will be a gym bunny. Then again I wouldn't have put Rachelle as one either - we're both long-term dieters. But, whatever works :) I much prefer walking with the hounds or swimming. I do miss my running and karate tho *grumble*

I can't really help on the carb front really. I'm sure you'll find what works for you and it's not like your weight loss is suffering atm!
I just wouldn't want to cut out pasta, rice, and potatoes from my diet (esp as a veggie) as I rely on them a lot and I do really enjoy them. And I think once you cut something out it's hard to get your body to tolerate it again. xx

Hope you're having a nice week. I'm still very jealous that you live in Paris haha x

Seconded. EVERY time I read your diary! lol xx

Chess is how the OH and I got together initially. He nearly always won but occasionally I managed to sneak up the side and trap him! We haven't played for years - I tend to get rather bored.

it might be that your system struggles to process large amounts of carbs now. Try having a small portion as a HExB on a Red day? Not necessarily every time you do a red day but just sometimes. I used to think it a bit of a waste of a HEx - if having potatoes, why not do EE and have unlimited potatoes - but I eventually realised that I needed the portion control and unless I'm having the potato as the main part of my meal (eg JP with cheese), then I find the red quantity more than adequate. It might be worth experimenting a little, but I know that if you've found a way that suits, it can be a bit scary trying something different.

Hi Patty, that's so nice that it's how you and your OH met! There is never enough time for me to get bored, unfortunately, I'm too bad at chess!

Very wise words re. portion control. I have no concept of portion control whatsoever! I do weigh out 70g of pasta when I'm having it and I think I really will weigh out potatoes now too, as you recommend. As you have noticed, I don't always use my HEs on a red day so I reckon I can spare one for a jacket potato! x

I'm the same with green and ee now. I can get away with potato but as soon as I touch pasta or rice I just bloat like a balloon! Pity really because I love the stuff.

Your food sounds lovely today, I coule eat salmon for every meal! xx
I know, I love it tooooo! I could also eat salmon for every meal! It's just a shame it's so expensive! I tend to have it as my Tuesday treat as Tuesday is my late shift day at work.... Always gives me something to look forward to it! x

Thanks lovely! I am having a good week, are you? Really, don't be jealous! I think it's a question of the grass is always greener... Don't get me wrong, Paris is a great city, it's just unbelievably expensive and the people are so rude! It is very pretty though :) x

I would like to learn how to play, definitely :)

Rachelle's friend is really nice, but no idea what he's like as a PT lol! I am not and I doubt ever will be a gym bunny. Then again I wouldn't have put Rachelle as one either - we're both long-term dieters. But, whatever works :) I much prefer walking with the hounds or swimming. I do miss my running and karate tho *grumble*

I can't really help on the carb front really. I'm sure you'll find what works for you and it's not like your weight loss is suffering atm!
I just wouldn't want to cut out pasta, rice, and potatoes from my diet (esp as a veggie) as I rely on them a lot and I do really enjoy them. And I think once you cut something out it's hard to get your body to tolerate it again. xx

Oh no, I'm not a gym bunny either but I hope I could become one! I'd love to be fitter!

Def wouldn't be a good idea for you to cut out carbs! You'd be wasting away! I do love carbs, they just don't seem to love me at the moment...my tummy is so so painful afterwards... You're right though, not a good idea to cut them out altogether! x

Seconded. EVERY time I read your diary! lol xx
Same again, don't be jealous! I get very nostalgic about England and often dream of moving back! x

Red day:

Breakfast: banana & FFNY
Lunch: crab stick salad & fruit salad
Dinner: Lemony pork & roasted veg

xx

Having a good week food wise but im a bit bloaty - will explain on my diary. Dreaded exam tomorrow meh! x

I'm sure your exam will be great, Mrs G! Sounds like you know your stuff!

So I start work at 9 this morning, which is rare as I normally start at 11. I went to bed quite late last night so when I naturally woke up at 5am I was too scared to go back to sleep in case I didn't wake back up! So instead I did Kay's arm exercises, some sit ups, girly press ups, squats and some leg lifty things which F showed me how to do. I then got showered, had brekky (at 6am!) and left for work at 7:30. I normally have to change trains but I was so early I decided to walk the rest of the way, about 3 miles and it was so lovely! I've said it before (I know) but it's such a beautiful journey and the Sun is shining (I'm having an I love Paris day hehe) :D

I'm feeling good about the activeness but the downside to activeness + an early breakfast means I am now staaaarving so I'm going to have another banana & 2 tangerines *blush*! Hope that tides me over until lunch!

Hope everyone has a lovely day xx

It really was, Michelle!

Red Day food:

Breakfast: frozen raspberries, banana & ff yoghurt
Snack: banana & 1 tangerine
Lunch: ham salad & fruit salad
Snack: 1 tangerine
Dinner: Bacon cheeseburger (HEA) in wm roll (HEB)with salad & cauli mash

x

What a lovely start to the morning! I love early mornings in spring/summer - my favourite time of the day.

Tasty food as always, and you totally deserved your mid-morning snack. Did you also notice what you did? You ate because you were hungry, just like a naturally slim person would - so no need to blush!

Back