Secret Slimming in Paris

Hey Sophie!
Sorry I haven't visited for a little while.
Absolutely amazing loss :D Almost half a stone is just incredible. Those jeans wont stay on much longer ;)

Also can't believe you've been running with glass in your toe. So lucky it didn't get infected. Really glad it's all sorted for you now.
5:30am is seriously hardcore for running! xx

Evening Sophie :), hope you enjoyed your green day today, food sounds yummy ! xx

Thanks Kay! I did enjoy it, thanks! I really needed some potato in my life! Hope you're ok hun x

Hey Sophie!
Sorry I haven't visited for a little while.
Absolutely amazing loss :D Almost half a stone is just incredible. Those jeans wont stay on much longer ;)

Also can't believe you've been running with glass in your toe. So lucky it didn't get infected. Really glad it's all sorted for you now.
5:30am is seriously hardcore for running! xx

No problem! You've had loads going on so I'm not surprised!

Thanks! All thanks to Kay's soup challenge! It wasn't easy but the results were amazing! I am actually quite sad at the prospect of parting with my RI jeans, after wishing I would fit into them for the last 3 years! But hey, on to pastures new! Booked Eurostar tickets yesterday so Fab I and I can visit the family in August...I just might have to stock up on a few clothes....;)

I know! I'm very silly! I just really didn't feel it at first! I do think everything is ok now though, thanks!
xxx

Just completed Run 3 Week 2!! Woohoo!

Feeling fantastic :D it's funny, I actually find myself smiling when I'm running sometimes! Never thought that would happen!

I was also very lucky, 10 minutes from home (after the 5k training) I got caught in a thunderstorm and got soaked! I say I'm lucky as if it had been thundering when I'd woken up I'd have put going out for a run off!

So my BFF is coming up from Lyon this evening with her OH. Not sure if I'll be on plan tonight or not. I'm just going to see how I feel and try not to stress out! I've made lasagne and garlic bread as it's something easy I could make last night which will still be nice for tonight. I did put lots of béchamel sauce in it though! There will also be lots of wine but to be honest I'm not a big fan! Normally I can get away with pouring myself a glass and holding it all night and no-one realises it never goes down! BUT, if I do decide to go off plan, have lasagne and bread and wine, it will be the first time since January that I've been really off plan (not counting the Paella in Barcelona!)...I think I'd be happy with a STS this week anyway, especially following my mega loss last week! Any advice would be warmly received!

xx

My advice is enjoy yourself. An evening off plan isn't going to blow anything after such good consistent losses. I think long term an occasional night off is a good thing because you need to learn how to manage events etc even when at goal you will have meals etc off plan. As long as you enjoy yourself, definitely after such a massive loss last week who cares if the scales don't move too much for one week? As you've stuck to it all week anyway I still think you'll see a loss anyway :) x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

As the others have said - enjoy yourself. It is a fact of life that a lot of social life revolves around eating and drinking and you can't spend time on the margins and, most likely, feeling miserable because you are not joining in. Eat and enjoy it without feeling guilty and prepare yourself mentally to get back on the wagon on (say) Monday morning.

(If you're not overkeen on wine, can you treat yourself to some sort of 'luxury' soft drink? Something you like but rarely have? - Or even an alternative alcoholic drink?)

Thanks for the advice ladies.

The thing I'm concerned about is they are here all weekend....but I will let my hair down, be good where I can and not stress when I can't.

I've had a great red day so far today and will have lots of salad with the lasagne so don't think I'll be too over my syns. I even used wholemeal pasta so can semi count it as HEBs! I used 140g of cheese on the whole thing so that'll be fine for my HEA portion and I haven't had any syns today so surely the béchamel sauce won't put me too far over! I might have one piece of garlic bread too ;)

Work is driving me crazy. A few months ago I was told off for not taking enough holidays. I took today as holiday and I have had 6 calls from work so far asking for advice/approval/help! THAT is why I'm reluctant to take holidays! Although I told my team that I wouldn't be looking at my e-mails, so perhaps I brought it on myself! Perhaps next time I'll pretend I've gone abroad in order to have some peace and quiet on my day off.

I have been so busy today and I'm so tired now, waiting for BFF to come! After my run I went to the supermarket, then to IKEA (I'd broken all our glasses - oops!), went back to the supermarket, came home had lunch then cleaned the apartment! I sat down for a 5 min rest at 4pm and woke up at 5:30pm when OH came in from work!

BFF text me, the trains are running an hour late which means they'll get to the train station at 21h30 which means we won't be back at our house until 22h30, and won't be eating before 23h :eek: Glad the lasagne is already ready and just needs popping under the grill to re-heat/melt the cheese! Just need to make sure I stay awake and don't forget to go and pick them up! xx

Red day

Breakfast: banana & orange
Lunch: surf & turf salad
Dinner: Lasagne (wm pasta sheets = HEB) (cheese=HEA) works out as 6 syns per portion for bechamel sauce and I'm guesstimating 5 syns for 1 little slice of garlic bread... & salad which leaves room for a couple of glasses of rhum & diet coke at 2.5 syns!

Syns (planned): 16 - just over but probs won't have a full portion of lasagne

x

Last edited:
Very inspirational posts.... I am really just starting my journey with SW. Found it easy to begin with, but I need to experiment more with the food options so I don't overdo the same meals and get bored.

Keep going, and keep motivated :0)

Very inspirational posts.... I am really just starting my journey with SW. Found it easy to begin with, but I need to experiment more with the food options so I don't overdo the same meals and get bored.

Keep going, and keep motivated :0)

Hello Diamondintherough! Thanks for popping in and your lovely words! Well done for starting out with SW - are you enjoying it?

I know what you mean about experimenting, it can get boring when we're lost for inspiration! There are some really good food diaries on here though that I often get good ideas from though and they help shake things up a bit! I also get the SW magazine, although I thought the recipes in the last edition weren't up to much.

Do you have a diary? Good luck on your journey! We can do this!! xx

Thanks for the advice ladies.

The thing I'm concerned about is they are here all weekend....but I will let my hair down, be good where I can and not stress when I can't.

I've had a great red day so far today and will have lots of salad with the lasagne so don't think I'll be too over my syns. I even used wholemeal pasta so can semi count it as HEBs! I used 140g of cheese on the whole thing so that'll be fine for my HEA portion and I haven't had any syns today so surely the béchamel sauce won't put me too far over! I might have one piece of garlic bread too ;)

Work is driving me crazy. A few months ago I was told off for not taking enough holidays. I took today as holiday and I have had 6 calls from work so far asking for advice/approval/help! THAT is why I'm reluctant to take holidays! Although I told my team that I wouldn't be looking at my e-mails, so perhaps I brought it on myself! Perhaps next time I'll pretend I've gone abroad in order to have some peace and quiet on my day off.

I have been so busy today and I'm so tired now, waiting for BFF to come! After my run I went to the supermarket, then to IKEA (I'd broken all our glasses - oops!), went back to the supermarket, came home had lunch then cleaned the apartment! I sat down for a 5 min rest at 4pm and woke up at 5:30pm when OH came in from work!

BFF text me, the trains are running an hour late which means they'll get to the train station at 21h30 which means we won't be back at our house until 22h30, and won't be eating before 23h :eek: Glad the lasagne is already ready and just needs popping under the grill to re-heat/melt the cheese! Just need to make sure I stay awake and don't forget to go and pick them up! xx

Grrrrrrrr to work keep phoning you, did you need to answer their calls, I wouldn't have done, they'll only do it next time you are off.

You'll be awake for you BFF you've had a little nap to tied you over!!!! Have a lovely weekend x

Friends have just gone back to their hotel! I'm shattered and have an early start tomorrow as we're going to visit Versailles!

Managed to resist garlic bread and only had a tiny bit of lasagne....did have 3 glasses of sparkling fruity rosé though.....ooops!! So much for not liking wine hehe!!xx

Quick food update from yesterday!

Breakfast: fruit salad&FFNY (free)
Lunch: chicken crepe (naughty!)
Dinner: Home made lamb casserole (free)
Post JT snack: chicken wrap (naughty!)
Drinks: lots and lots of fruity rosé!

A lot of syns in there! Had two on-plan meals though. I got on the scales this morning and they're still showing a 200g loss - yeyy!

We will be going out for lunch today though so I really am rooting for a STS.

I have such a sore head and feel so rubbish that I can't wait to get back on plan properly tomottow!x

Not all bad, Michelle, but could have been better! Hope you have a lovely day too!

Was feeling a bit bleurgh so decided to go for a run (run 1, W3 of c25k) and F asked to come with me which was lovely! He even followed the programme properly!

Just going to get ready and wait for the BFF and her bf to wake up then we're going out for lunch. I've chosen a restaurant where I know they do amazing salads so lunch shouldn't be too off plan. If we have time this afternoon though we might head to Angelina's which is a luxurious restaurant which serves the most decadent hot chocolate in an impressive setting and I think my friend would love it. It would be more than naughty though...oh the sacrifices we make for friendship... Back on it tomorrow :-D x

Hey Sophie, sounds like your gonna have a lovely afternoon with your friends :p, the restaurant sounds lush, hope you enjoy yourself, don't worry about the cals hun, your doing super with your running, I'm sure you've earned it ! :D Look forward to catching up with you soon !

Kay xx

Thanks Kay!

We've just taken them to the train station. We've had such a lovely weekend! But today I've been mega naughty!

In the end we decided to go out for brunch which was really lovely but crazily high on the syn scale! I had a hot chocolate, a full english (1 fried egg, 2 slices bacon without fat, baked beans, mushrooms, 1 sausage and a grilled tomato) and for desert I had a fruit salad and a few bites of F's cheesecake. The worst thing was the hot choc as it was made out of melted chocolate! Really nice but so so naughty!

We went for an 1hour walk after and I'm going to be gulping lots of water this evening, desperately hoping for a STS tomorrow! But even if I don't get it I don't really mind, I've had a great weekend!

I def don't need any dinner tonight either!!x

That sounds like one lovely weekend! OK, you might not have a loss - maybe even a small gain - but if you get back on the wagon you'll soon be losing again.

In a bizarre way, you might even benefit from the 'indulgence' because your body might think 'Hey - I'm not being starved so I don't need to hang on to these fat reserves after all' and decide that it's safe to shed them. Some of my best losses came after a short time off plan - but only if I was 100% back on plan again.

How lovely that F ran with you and supported you by sticking to the programme.

Enjoy your evening.

By some hazardous mix up I've managed to pull off a STS! I am ecstatic! Reassuring to know that a weekend off plan doesn't result in 1 stone on! I am well and truly back on the wagon today though and looking forward to some super yummy SW creations!xx

Back