Secret Slimming in Paris

Imagine if you'd had a burger, fries, onion rings, AND a milkshake? Think you did very very well to get a salad and then a milkshake. Don't be so hard on yourself :)

Also your tummy pain sounds awful. Tbh there's not much in your lower abdomen other than lady stuff and bladder. Could be a touch of cystitis? Could also be pre-menstral cramps. Hope it goes away so you don't have to go see someone, but please do go if it doesn't go away :) Kidneys, appendix, and other stuff are much higher up and the pain wouldn't be lower abdomen. Could also be bowel pain too. Been the loo?
Sorry, will take off the nurse hat lol! I'm used to taking these calls you see, obv not for humans, but we're all the bloody same!

Hope you feel better soonly. And stop beating yourself up over the milkshake.xx

Thanks guys! I'll reply individually this afternoon!

Just had to tell you that I just jumped on the scales and I'm still showing a 1.5kg loss which brings me to exactly 100kg! AND my oh got on the scales and he is now 106kg! I officially weigh less than my husband! So happy!

Hope this loss stays with my for my official Weigh in! I have soup bubbling on the stove now so fingers crossed!xx

Hello hun

Just catching up on diaries - so since Ive been gone you've turned into a long distance running, sushi eating health FREAK! How great! And well done for the 100kg! I remember you saying ages ago how you wanted to weigh less than hubby! YAY!!!!!

You are doing so amazingly well, don't worry about the milkshake (man that looked good!).

Sorry to hear you have been having pains. Feel better soon!

xxx

Your welcome hun, wow he will be well shocked that you've lost 25kg ! that's amazing ! :p I hope your pain goes away soon with the painkillers and your feeling much better lovely :) xx

Thanks Kay!

That milkshake does look delicious - I'm not surprised you caved in! OK, perhaps you feel foolish for having 'fussed' about the salad dressing first, but you were practicing damage limitation. You'd be in a far worse situation calorie wise had you had the dressing as well.

The pains sound nasty; could it be a grumbling appendix? I would suggest a break from running for as long as they last.

We have been to Granville before but I wouldn't say the locals are particularly friendly but then I've never found the French to be particularly towards we English - except when DD was very young and we'd get her to ask for baguettes in bakeries (in French) and other similar things. Perhaps because this little girl was speaking French to them, they thought we could speak the language too. Unfortunately, I was never good at stringing words together, although I have a fairly good memory of vocabulary! Last time we went, OH was taken ill - cue trip to hospital in an ambulance and trying to understand what was being said when neither side could speak each other's language and the situation not being helped by not being able to hear either!

(OH was sent away with a strong prescription and we cut our 3 week holiday short after 2 weeks. He soon recovered when we got home but it was an awful long drive home to North Yorkshire).

Oh wow Patty, that sounds like a right disaster! Well feel free to PM me for my mobile number, if there are any disasters (God forbid!) this time I'd be happy to translate for you! I can imagine DD being very cute speaking in French :). Yeah, the French/English relationship isn't the healthiest! French people aren't the friendliest bunch either. I always cringe when my OH tells stories about when he first arrived in France as a young teen, fresh from Africa. He went to live in a small village nearish to Bergerac in a boarding school. The locals were certainly not kind! There again, France as a whole is very closed to different cultures, but that's another moan for another day!

Oh wow that shake looks amazing, don't blame you one bit. Infact send it my way!

Making some soup eh? ;) haha, knew you'd go back to the dark side. Xx

It was amaaaaazing! But ultra sweet! I was buzzing for an hour hehe!

Yesss, I made curried cauliflower soup but too much curry powder in so only managed 1 bowl. Really must stop using curry powder! I never get it right!xx

Imagine if you'd had a burger, fries, onion rings, AND a milkshake? Think you did very very well to get a salad and then a milkshake. Don't be so hard on yourself :)

Also your tummy pain sounds awful. Tbh there's not much in your lower abdomen other than lady stuff and bladder. Could be a touch of cystitis? Could also be pre-menstral cramps. Hope it goes away so you don't have to go see someone, but please do go if it doesn't go away :) Kidneys, appendix, and other stuff are much higher up and the pain wouldn't be lower abdomen. Could also be bowel pain too. Been the loo?
Sorry, will take off the nurse hat lol! I'm used to taking these calls you see, obv not for humans, but we're all the bloody same!

Hope you feel better soonly. And stop beating yourself up over the milkshake.xx

Thanks Cheeky! You re right, I could have been much naughtier! I'm over the milkshake now I've seen the scales :D I just hope the pounds won't creep on before Monday!

I have no idea what the pain might be...it's different from PMS cramps, it's much sharper and sporadic. For me, PMS cramps are normally a continuous dullish pain. Don't think it's bowel pain either, since being back on SW things have been well regulated! I've never had cystitis before though, so I guess it could be that? I've been drinking lots of water today...if all else fails - drink water! You're right though, I can imagine the anatomy of animals and humans being surprisingly similar! x

Yippeeeeeeeeeee, well done on the loss.

Re pain, I'd say go to the doctors, you can't put a price on the cost of your health!

Thanks, Michelle! I know, if it continues next week I definitely will. I just feel like a wimp atm as it isn't constant and is bearable...but if it continues I will go!

What a milestone! Fingers crossed it stays (or improves!) for your official WI.

How're the pains today?

I'm crossing my fingers and toes!!! Pains are just the same as yesterday. I'm sort of getting used to it!x

Hello hun

Just catching up on diaries - so since Ive been gone you've turned into a long distance running, sushi eating health FREAK! How great! And well done for the 100kg! I remember you saying ages ago how you wanted to weigh less than hubby! YAY!!!!!

You are doing so amazingly well, don't worry about the milkshake (man that looked good!).

Sorry to hear you have been having pains. Feel better soon!

xxx

Hi Charley! Welcome back! I still smile and think of the proposal every time I see your name!!

Haha, not a long distance runner just yet! It's a lot of stopping and starting at the moment! I do love a bit of sushi though :D

I am really happy that I finally weigh less than my OH! I feel a little bit more acceptable now!

I've forgotten about the milkshake now (well...almost) it was really nice if a bit too sickly! I think I could resist it next time ;)

I can't wait to hear more about your Barbados wedding plans!!xx

Well done Sophie on your loss, that's fab news ! :p Hope your feeling much better today hun ;) xx

Thanks Kay! Still a bit hurty but I'll live!x

Wow that is an achievement!! I know this is a big milestone for you and I'm super happy for you. Fantastic :D xx

Thaaaanks! It really is such a big milestone! It almost doesn't feel real! Just hope that milkshake doesn't come back to bite me in the a**!! xx

Bonsoir les filles!

I popped into work this morning for my end of year appraisal of 2012/2013. It should have been done this time last year but due to short staffing in my department the country director was assigned as my line manager (under pressure!). Anyway, he is a very busy man and had to postpone it 5 times last year and in the end we both forgot about it/ gave up. Then, last week, I received a threatening e-mail from HR saying my personal file was empty (I started in June 2012) and that I had to do it ASAP. So, to cut a long story short, the only time the director was free was today and so, despite it being my day off, I went in to get it done with. It was really good, he graded me at 'exceeds expectations' which is only allowed to be attributed to 10% of staff across the whole organisation so I was really happy with that! He also agreed to a training course I'd like to do which the organisation will pay for, to add to my qualifications. So, all in all, it was worth going in for!

After the meeting I had a quick coffee with a friend near the Louvre then came home and popped to the supermarket to stock up on fruit and veg. I bought 3 peaches and it cost me 3.95€! I found that so expensive! Even for Paris prices! Since then I've done a bit of cleaning followed by a bit of snoozing and catching up on series!

I decided to have a green day:

Breakfast: Strawberries
Snack: 1/2 creme egg biscuit (shared it with a girl at work! we were both trying to be good!) 2 syns
Lunch: cauliflower soup
Dinner: Spinach lasagne with a few chips (oil = HEB) and lots of salad

I needed the carbs! Also, I was craving vinegary chips! Nothing nicer than that smell :D I don't know why but I always feel guilty on a green day, despite it being low syn! I need to get it out of my head that carbs are bad! xxx

Grrrrr, I'm really tempted to make some more chips...............

Chips are in the actifry! The oil will be my 2nd HEB. Probably not great to have the same thing for both choices but hey!

Hubby is on the way home so we'll share and I'll feel less piggy!

Why is it that after only using 2 syns I can still feel guilty?? :giveup:

Eeeep! Those are some expensive peaches!! I do love peaches tho, esp when they're all squishy :D

Hope you feel a little better today?
Sounds like you had a really good day!! What's the course you'd like to do?
Amazing on the appraisal, super well done!! That's really impressive.xx

That was a super kind offer of your mobile number but being deaf I can't use phones! Hopefully lightening won't strike twice.

It's good to do a green day sometimes to help prevent a carb craving and it seems impossible to be on a diet but be allowed to eat chips - the two are incompatible usually (which why having them feels so 'naughty') but such is the wonder of SW that they are absolutely fine!

What a brilliant result on your appraisal! I'm sure you're now fired up with extra enthusiasm for your job.

Poor little F - I can't begin to imagine how difficult it must be to move to such a different environment. It sounds as though he has adapted well.

Have a a good weekend and I hope those pains subside.

Sorry Patty! That was very thoughtless of me :sad0071:! Please excuse me!

The chips were really nice and worth it!

Had a great day today. I completed Week 4 Run 1 and I'm still finding I cope quite well!

Went to a new shopping centre which is home to the 2nd Primark AND an M&S. I went with a friend early this morning (got there for 10am) to beat the queues. I spent a bit too much money but last weekend my BFF gave me back some money in cash that I'd lent her a while back and completely forgotten about and so I mainly only used that! My clothes size is definitely a 16 now for most items :D for jeans & tops in Primark the 18s were far too big, the 16s were perfect. I did have to get a size 20 jacket in H&M though to fit my big upper arms in, but all in all I was pleased!

We treated ourselves to lunch in the M&S café. I'd had superfree for breakfast so I could choose more for lunch! I ended up going with a jacket potato which was lovely. I do them at home sometimes but it's still such a nice treat, no-where else in Paris serves jacket potatoes!

I got home at about 5pmish, had some vegetable lasagne which was left over from last night and then fell asleep! Just woke up again now but I'm still feeling so sleepy! It'll definitely be a chilled night in tonight.

Green day:

Breakfast: banana
Lunch: jacket potato with chicken & mayo (5syns) & salad
Dinner: veg lasagne with cheese (HEA) and a wm roll (HEB)
Snack: 2xmini meringues = 1.5 syns

x

Having a red pre-wi day today! I'm hoping the scales aren't punishing me for my green days!

Breakfast: bacon, wilted spinach & poached egg with wm roll (HEB) and 2 x dairylea light (1/2 HEA1)
Lunch: Stirfry veg with soy sauce
Dinner: chicken & veg casserole
Snack: wm roll with mango chutney (3 syns)
4 mini meringues (3 syns) with light cream (3 syns)

Not as low syn as I'd have liked before WI but I seem to have misplaced my will power today...! I've had terrible sugar cravings, * week is late, I think it's going to be a bad one!

Happy Sunday everyone!
x

Last edited:
As my will power has been so shaky all week, Ilve made a food plan for next week. It really helped me last time to get organised so I hope it works its magic again!

Tomorrow will be Week 4 run 2 then I'm going to go and do the food shopping and go by the doctors about my funny pain as it's still present.

I've spent so much of today snoozing that I'm not sure if I'll ever get to sleep tonight but I'm already yawning!x

-1.5 kg still, I'm very happy with that :D

Back