Secret Slimming in Paris

Evening girlies!

Went to my docs appointment and he was really happy to hear our news! He sent me straight off with a prescription for a blood test (he wouldn't even let me pay for the appointment!) I managed to get seen straight away at the lab, without having to make an appointment, and the lady said she'd make sure my blood sample analysed ASAP e-mail me the results tonight :eek: scarily amazing customer care for France! She said she was really happy to see someone coming for the test who was excited and wanted it to be positive :)

I am now neurotically checking my e-mails!!x

Food for today:

Breakfast: 30g granola (HEB) with almond milk (1/2HEA1)
Snack: creme egg biscuit (4syns)
Lunch: chicken salad with FFY
Snack: 2xmini creme eggs (5syns)
Dinner: aubergine bake with parmesan (HEA) and fruit
Supper: 40g all bran fibre extra with rest of HEA1 milk allowance

Syns: 9

Need to use up my other HEB...maybe on some prunes...x

Last edited:
Got my results through....

I'M PREGNANT!

According to the blood count I'm 4 - 5 weeks pregnant :D

Yeyyyyyyyyy! xxxx

Yay told you. Such exciting news I'm made up for you xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ahhhhh Sophie that story about you telling hubby made me all emotional! How wonderful - congratulations! Xx

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, Cheeky, in under an hour I got my results :eek:!

I went to the doctors after work and he told me everything was fine, gave me a list of do's and don'ts and told me to go back in 3 weeks, by which time I need to have decided if I want to be followed by a midwife or a gynaecologist... I don't know much about midwives but I do know that my gynaecologist charges more than the recommended amount and so is not fully reimbursed which might make for a big bill over the next 8 months! I have found 2 midwives nearby whose costs would be fully covered... Plus my gynaecologist is old and mean and is always horrible because I'm fat! So I'm thinking I might go for the midwife option...

Sorry, I promise not to bore you all! It's just I have nowhere else to talk about this stuff, other than with the hubby, and sometimes men just really don't get it!

Foodwise I've been good today, despite having a last minute change of plan. According to my food plan i was meant to have chicken stirfry but I had no chicken left so I made it with prawns, had a forkful and realised I'm not allowed to eat prawns - oooops!

Breakfast: 40g All Bran extra fibre (HEB) + U/S almond milk (HEA)
Lunch: aubergine bake, broccoli & cheese (HEA)
Snack: fruit salad
Dinner: chips (oil = HEB2)

So major lack of superfree at dinner time but I only had superfree at lunchtime so it evens out, right??

x

Oh - are prawns not allowed now? I don't remember them being on the list of things to avoid when I was pregnant, but things do change.

My guess is that you'll find a whole heap of new friends, both in the flesh and cyber ones on here, but if you want to bend an ear feel free to pm me.

Oh - are prawns not allowed now? I don't remember them being on the list of things to avoid when I was pregnant, but things do change.

My guess is that you'll find a whole heap of new friends, both in the flesh and cyber ones on here, but if you want to bend an ear feel free to pm me.

Oh thanks Patty! That's so lovely :bighug:

Don't be daft lovely, course we want to hear about the ins and outs!!!

You can't eat prawns?!? Sod that! There was loads of things you can't eat these days, when my mum was preggers with me she didn't have a list like that and I turned out ok.....kinda!

You gyny sounds like a right old a-hole. Go with a midwife, they should have a much better bed side manner.

Xxx

I've had a look at the NHS website and it's only raw shellfish you need to avoid. If cooked - whether by you or bought ready cookked - then they're apparently fine.

I always buy ready cooked prawns - the raw ones look so unappetitising!

And I'm with CB - it's your thread so if you want to chat about babies or whatever, then do so! (And we're nosy so we want to hear all the details).

:eek: I just had a MASSIVE fright! Went to the loo and there was blood :eek: After a stomach churning minute or too I realised it isn't coming from the scary place (sorry - TMI, I know!)

I probably need to increase my fibre intake (despite having all bran this morning).

Having such a scare though has really got me questioning the secrecy thing...I wonder if I should tell my Mum now? Despite it being early days? At least I'd have someone to call in scary times like that!

Patty, thanks on the advice re prawns! They were on the 'be aware of' list that the doc gave me but the info you have given me is very interesting. I will definitely bear that in mind. And it definitely didn't sound like a lecture :D

Charley, it's a wild jungle of do's and don'ts nowadays! It is so confusing! I just want to be as careful as possible during the 1st trimester, which is when 1 in 5 women miscarry :(.

I will definitely look into the MW thing but am thinking about maintaining the gy appointment on Monday, just so he can reassure me on certain stuff!x

EE day:

Breakfast: all bran + milk (HEB1 & HEA1)
Lunch: 3x 1syn sausages, broccoli + cheese HEA2
Dinner: roast chicken & veg with oil (HEB2) & gravy = ??syns)
x

Hey Sophie!
Sorry to hear you had a bit of a scare. Must have been terrifying! I think telling your Mum is a good idea. But then I can't keep anything from anyone lol. I'm a good secret keeper, but not if it's about myself ;) And your Mum is a good person to confide in I'd imagine?
I occasionally have a bloody bum/poo (sorry everyone) and it really scared me a few years ago. Enough that I went to the Dr's and put up with an examination *blush* But it was fine and she just said to increase fluids and fibre. This was pre-SW though, it's happened very rarely since I started eating so healthily :) Fluids, fibre, fruit, and veg and you'll be fine :) I did end up with a cream to apply that smelt like chocolate, which I found odd ;) Will stop over-sharing now.... But I'm all for talking about stuff like this, it can save lives talking about stuff!!

Like everyone else has said, this is your thread and you can talk about whatever you want :p My diary has been filled with hospital/illness stuff and car talk recently, so I can't say anything ;) And we all want to see what's going on and hear about stuff!!

Hope you're having a good day.xx

I think the question to ask yourself is who would you turn to if the worst was to happen ? Sorry that sounds grim but what I mean is if you would turn to mum there is no harm in telling her now :) I think the problem is when it's declared to "everyone" if there is then a problem with the pregnancy you have to announce that too which is something you wouldn't want to go through. I think nearest and dearest is fine but im not superstitious I think if something is going to happen it won't be because you've told someone or because there is a pram in the house etc etc or even because you've eaten well cooked prawns ;) i love hearing your baby news by the way! xx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You know your Mum and your relationship with her better than anyone, but my mum was only the second person after OH that I told! I did delay by a few days though, partly because I wanted to tell her face to face, and partly because I knew the news would be a sort of Christmas present for her.

(I did have to tell work colleagues a bit earlier than I'd hoped to because I had a scare which had me signed off work for 2 weeks so I can sympathise with your reaction earlier today).

I guess hormones will play around with your 'normal bodily functions' so you may well need extra fibre which needs to be supplemented with extra fluid! Dried fruit can be a tasty extra HExB and can be carried around with you for hungry moments.

Thanks for the advice ladies!

I read through your messages on my way home and it definitely was food for thought. So much so that as soon as I got in I called my Mum and told her the good news :). She was really really happy which was a relief. She often talks about how I'm too young etc. so I was worried she'd be a bit negative but she really wasn't! Her BFF just became a grandma so I'm sure that has something to do with it! I also swore her to secrecy (we have a big family who likes to gossip) and she agreed that it is best to wait until after the 12th week before saying anything to the rest of the family.

The main thing is she was really supportive, which is what I needed. I do tend to call my Mum when I have any problems, be it health/financial/work etc and it's reassuring to know I can turn to her now. I almost don't know what I was worried about! Her best advice to me was to forget about being pregnant for the next month.....IMPOSSIBLE! I can't stop thinking about it :) Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly....

I had a really nice day. Was meant to be going to see a film with a friend but we hadn't taken into account that it was a rainy bank holiday in Paris, so by the time we got there it was full :rolleyes: Instead we decided to go and get a coffee and a desert.... I ended up getting a synerific waffle with chopped bananas and dark choc drizzled over it... It was amazing but I am drawing that line!

We then went to meet up with 3 of our other friends for a drink, where I was much more sensible and stuck to sparkling water!

Just finished having dinner now (it was lovely and I didn't realise how low in syns gravy is!) and now I'm off to bed to dream of the little bean in my tummy :4635:.

Sweet dreams everyone xxx

Back