Seeking Balance

QtNutmeg

So I'm back. Back to 70kgs (154 lbs) which looks awful with my short stature. Back to feeling out of control when it comes to food, eating for every emotion they have in the book and avoiding the gym like the plague because I tell myself I don't have the time around study... and then use that time to watch television... while eating. I'm tired and grumpy (and not just because I can't breathe in my jeans), I need to get some balance. I find myself either all or nothing - when I'm good, I'm very very good, but when I'm bad, I gain 8kg... in a month. Gross! 4 weeks ago I was running 10km, now I can't muster the motivation to go for a walk in the morning.
This morning I find myself in a state of calm, so am using that to post here and start tracking points again.
Healthy breakfast - check
Healthy packed lunch - check
Wallet left at home so I don't crack and run to supermarket for a big bag of something - check

Heres to still trying to get that head space sorted!

PS:
Me = 5th year Uni student, flatting, using food for everything from study stress, disappointment, celebration and boredom.

Hoping I can get some advice from anyone who stumbles across this on how to get rid of the 'start tommorrow so will eat as much as possible today' complex.

Firstly don't put pressure on yourself,take each day as it comes and don't beat yourself up if you have a off day! For me my head and heart have to be in the right place to be motivated and this site is my life line.My OH will be starting his second year of being a student in September so I can imagine how stressed you get! What are you studying?

Thanks! Its true I do set myself unrealistic goals - and then get frustrated when I feel I've failed. How do you stop one day off turning into a week?
Its great that your OH will have you for support :) Hope he's enjoying his studies.
I'm studying law and genetics (law degree and science degree), been a fairly long road with still one year to go after this one. Its exam time at the moment so everything just seems to fall apart - eating well and exercise always the first to go.

I guess only you can stop the one bad day turning into a week,think of how much has been lost so far,how you feel better in yourself when the weight does start coming off.Special occasion to spur you on.Exam time is a lot of pressure.My OH is studying psychology and sociology.He does a student thread on here.Hope you're feeling ok today :0)

So I'm back. Back to 70kgs (154 lbs) which looks awful with my short stature. Back to feeling out of control when it comes to food, eating for every emotion they have in the book and avoiding the gym like the plague because I tell myself I don't have the time around study... and then use that time to watch television... while eating. I'm tired and grumpy (and not just because I can't breathe in my jeans), I need to get some balance. I find myself either all or nothing - when I'm good, I'm very very good, but when I'm bad, I gain 8kg... in a month. Gross! 4 weeks ago I was running 10km, now I can't muster the motivation to go for a walk in the morning.
This morning I find myself in a state of calm, so am using that to post here and start tracking points again.
Healthy breakfast - check
Healthy packed lunch - check
Wallet left at home so I don't crack and run to supermarket for a big bag of something - check

Heres to still trying to get that head space sorted!

PS:
Me = 5th year Uni student, flatting, using food for everything from study stress, disappointment, celebration and boredom.

Hoping I can get some advice from anyone who stumbles across this on how to get rid of the 'start tommorrow so will eat as much as possible today' complex.

Hiya, I've just 'stumbled' upon your diary and I have the same complex as you and lordy I had to have a good long talk with myself and make myself a few promises before I re-started weight watchers. Firstly I know that this might sound funny, I've decided not to tell anyone, family and friends that I've started so I don't put myself under pressure and it seems to be working! Second take it slow even if its just one hour at a time until you feel more in control, this has really helped me. Now this is where we might be different, but I can always talk myself out of anything so, I need to be honest with myself and realise that I do this with every single diet, so this time no kidding myself, take one day at a time, realise that some days might be harder than others, but still go for it. Not sure if this makes any sense at all, but I hope this helps. Also just want to say that you are not alone in this, you can do it Boo xxx

I guess only you can stop the one bad day turning into a week,think of how much has been lost so far,how you feel better in yourself when the weight does start coming off.Special occasion to spur you on.Exam time is a lot of pressure.My OH is studying psychology and sociology.He does a student thread on here.Hope you're feeling ok today :0)

Hi, thanks daisy am pretty tired, exam earlier and got to get on and study asap for the next. Oo a student thread? didn't know that will have to check it out cheers! I've always though psych would an interesting bracnch to study - though once you start psycho-analysing people I bet its hard to stop! (Hope he doesn't bring it home with him lol). My eating is still up and down but I can always tell when the real stress kicks in because then I can't eat anything! Am aiming to try and keep things mostly in check and not worry bout the eating etc too much until after next tuesday. I see you are a forum master, are you at goal? I've never been able to maintain my goal for longer than a few months and I hear it doesn't get any easier when you get there.

Hiya, I've just 'stumbled' upon your diary and I have the same complex as you and lordy I had to have a good long talk with myself and make myself a few promises before I re-started weight watchers. Firstly I know that this might sound funny, I've decided not to tell anyone, family and friends that I've started so I don't put myself under pressure and it seems to be working! Second take it slow even if its just one hour at a time until you feel more in control, this has really helped me. Now this is where we might be different, but I can always talk myself out of anything so, I need to be honest with myself and realise that I do this with every single diet, so this time no kidding myself, take one day at a time, realise that some days might be harder than others, but still go for it. Not sure if this makes any sense at all, but I hope this helps. Also just want to say that you are not alone in this, you can do it Boo xxx

Thanks for the support Boo! lol absolutely the talking to myself is on-going. And when i'm tired I start to do it in accents - deep south or scottish tend to be the fall back! I'm impressed that you have that kind of persuasion with yourself, with me its a little hit and miss but I should try more seriously sometimes (plus often wind up talking myself into not so good situations as well.) Do you just tell yourself 'no' or make deals or distraction?

QtNutmeg said:
Hi, thanks daisy am pretty tired, exam earlier and got to get on and study asap for the next. Oo a student thread? didn't know that will have to check it out cheers! I've always though psych would an interesting bracnch to study - though once you start psycho-analysing people I bet its hard to stop! (Hope he doesn't bring it home with him lol). My eating is still up and down but I can always tell when the real stress kicks in because then I can't eat anything! Am aiming to try and keep things mostly in check and not worry bout the eating etc too much until after next tuesday. I see you are a forum master, are you at goal? I've never been able to maintain my goal for longer than a few months and I hear it doesn't get any easier when you get there.

Sorry to hear you are so tired,hope exams are going well.When is your time off from University? Yea have a nose at the thread when you get a chance.The OH tries to bring it home with him but I know some bits myself so I try not to let him outsmart me lol.You will get there food wise,at least you are eating which is the main thing! I didn't know I was a forum master lol,not heard of it,I use my iPod for the site so don't get a lot of information up on it,not at goal yet but I'm on here posting a lot so maybe that's what it is?!
I've heard it's quite hard at goal as 'that's it' so to speak,I am planning on using this site to keep me motivated when I get there.

Back