Self absorbed work colleagues!!!

bridejoo

I'm quite gobsmacked that none of my work colleagues have not said a thing about the fact I've not eaten ANYTHING for 6 weeks!!! Surely you would notice someone never going to the canteen area for lunch? Never having one of the millions sweets & cakes that are in our kitchen for birthdays & holidays? Not even having a piece of chewing gum or strawberry when it's offered???

Oh my god!!! It makes me laugh!!!

Having nearly lost 2 stone now, I seriously would have expected 1 or 2 of my close friends here to comment too, but noooooooo!!!

Anyone else experienced this?

I suppose that for once I HAVE actually lost weight and I AM actually being good food wise, I want to be stroked!!!

XXX

Hello there

Blimey are they BLIND?!?!?!?!?!?

How come you haven't told them about the diet anyway? I told everyone before i started so i guess didn't have to wait for people to comment.

How much weight do you want to lose in total ?

Well done on 2stone so far, you're way over the worst bit!! Easy sailing from here!

some people don't. My mother in law hasn't mentioned mine of 4 and a half stone!

I think this can be because they don't want to embarass you or it makes them feel uncomfortable about their own weights.

Make sure you are dressing to impress to make the most of your new sexy figure to keep them on their toes!

Suz x

after I can't remember how many stone, I actually confronted a colleague and asked "have you not noticed anything changed with me?". Her response? "I didn't like to say anything in case you were ill...". Hmm!

It's great when the unsolicited compliments start flooding in, but don't always expect them during the first few stone... as people just mightn't notice! (The upside to this is that now, having regained a stone, no one has noticed! And I know this cos I've asked!!!)

I didn't tell them as I tried CD about 4 months ago and failed on day 4. I didn't want to tell everyone and then fail again. If people ask me now, I will definitely tell them... wish they would!

I thought that too Suzy, maybe they don't want to say anything in case I haven't? They all know I've struggled with losing weight and that I am desperate to lose it for my wedding so perhaps they don't want to put their foot in it. and I can't believe your MIL has never said anything!!!

I want to lose 4 stone initially and see how I feel. I won't be in a healthy range at all, but I need to stop at some point in September (after my 100 days) because of my dress fitting for the wedding and I will need my body to be used to eating food before the wedding & more importantly, honeymoon. Now I know this diet works, I can definitely see myself wanting to continue until I am totally in a healthy weight range, but I have to think about how to do this with the wedding coming up in October!

and I did wear a new top, in 1 size smaller today, with new jewellry to brighten myself up, but it clearly had no effect!!!

LOL

I'm never going to pay work colleagues compliments ever again!!!
XX

I'm quite gobsmacked that none of my work colleagues have not said a thing about the fact I've not eaten ANYTHING for 6 weeks!!! Surely you would notice someone never going to the canteen area for lunch? Never having one of the millions sweets & cakes that are in our kitchen for birthdays & holidays? Not even having a piece of chewing gum or strawberry when it's offered???

Having nearly lost 2 stone now, I seriously would have expected 1 or 2 of my close friends here to comment too, but noooooooo!!!

I suppose that for once I HAVE actually lost weight and I AM actually being good food wise, I want to be stroked!!!

XXX

I had lost 4 1/2 stone before anyone at work said anything!!!

No one noticed about me not eating either but it was winter and easy to say its a cuppa soup

Jo

I find going into the kitchen with hand blender and mixing up a pack during the quieter moments certainly draws attention too!

Really? I opted for the "still wear size 30 clothes cinched in at the waist with a belt" (my "bag lady look", I'm told)... eventually someone had to say something ;)

Perhaps they have twigged what you are up to and don't want to go on about it? Just a thought. Mind you, people are often very self obsessed at work aren't they?

You are doing Fab, so who cares what they think anyway!

Ha ha, how funny... just as I posted this; I got an email from a close friend at work:
Didn’t want to shout across the office as I hate it when people do it to me, but you look like you've lost weight. Have you been trying to?

I screamed back in the email YES YES YES!!!

consider urself stroked! well don on the great loss xxxx

That is funny!

Don't tell them about your lottery win though, will you?

<let's see whether one of your colleagues is a MiniMins reader!>

I agree with many of the above- people don't like to say anything, until they can't help but say something! I finally got comments after I lost 3 stone from my direct wrokmates, and then at 4 stone from absolutely everyone- its like a barrier that suddenly breaks. I think people a) don't want to imply that you were 'fat' before and b) worry that you might be ill. If you go about with a big cheesy grin on your face and wear enough new clothes they will eventually get it!

XXX

Cor, you lucky thing! Mine wouldn't bl00dy shut up about it, and it's only now, after over a year of eating, that people don't ask me 'should you be eating that, won't you put the weight back on again?' and seem to realise that I'm not gonna!!

I have had fab comments form loads of people, most people I meet on a daily basis, except my sister, who has yet to "notice" my 6 stone plus loss, so far.

'Nuff said.

Back