Self image

It's strange because I thought I was the only person to think like this. Back in 2004 I went from a size 18 to a size 8 / 10 in a year doing weight watchers. It was the photos from a holiday that made me realise that I needed to do something about my weight as I am only 5 ft 3 so I did look big. I lost 4 stone during this time, and although it took me a year, I still felt like I was a big person. I remember going on holiday and feeling as though everyone was looking at me because I was wearing shorts that were above the knee for the first time.
When I got back from that holiday, I had a few misfortunes such as being made redundant and a close friend passing away - this made me feel bigger than ever and I started to comfort eat. I put on 3 stone over 2 years. It wasnt until recently when I looked back at pictures of myself when I was a size 8 / 10 when I thought wow - was I that thin??? I seriously cannot remember because that is now how I thought I looked!!! I know it sounds strange but we forget that we have to try to adjust our minds too..

Hey everyone, thanks for all your comments. I am still struggling big time (only mentally - have not cheated) but the support on this forum helps so much.

Gunna-make-it, sorry you have had a tough time and good luck with your restart on Cambridge. You did it once so you can do it again, and hopefully this time outside events won't conspire against you xx

Hope the mental challenges soon ease away, you're doing so well --- and well done for being so strong and not giving in to any of those bad thoughts.

Back