Self sabotage

ununpentium

Sherlock Holmes
Who here is guilty of it?

I was doing so well, losses at my past two WIs and was on a roll.

Today have binged and nearly all my weeklies are gone now.

Why do I do it to myself?

I need some motivation and a good kick up the bum.

I've done this the last few days and end up feeling guilty and eating even more. Take me ages to break the cycle so if anybody has any suggestions how to stop it I would be grateful to hear them.

Good luck with getting back on track,
Dan x

i do it totm, so doing it now. pfffft. think we all do it, and to be honest, i think its needed at times, so enjoy it, get it outta ya system, then pick up when u feel better and carry on back on track. x

I do it when i get close to my goal or its pay day, we grt paid 2moro and i already have 4 dinners out planned with friends and thats just this week

I was supposed to go to the gym this morning but woke up late feeling lethargic from yesterdays binge so didn't go!

Might go for a walk later to clear my head and get back into a good space.

Had lunch, was tempted to binge again but managed not to so that's good.

Got a healthy dinner planned for later.

I dont buy anything that i could binge on in the house...because i will otherwise :(

I agree with Frey, I don't have it in the house, then I cant eat it.
I have also started to do different things instead of eating when I feel one of those moods coming. For example; I paint my nails. I sometimes look on websites at clothes that I'd love to be able to fit in and that puts me back in check.
If I do binge and it's too late to go back, I just let it go and start a fresh. No one is perfect and we all have off days.
Hope I've helped x

You only have to read other posts on minimins to know the motivation & mental side is so important but can be so illusive. You really need to want to do it, and believe that you deserve it. My head needs to be in the right place. Sounds simple? I know it isn't. I personally need to flick the "I'm going to start Healthy Eating switch" :) as opposed to the "I'm on a Diet and can Never Ever have Anything Nice ever again" switch :(

It's so hard for most of us. We've all had different conditioning regarding food since we were small children. A bottle if you cried, a lollypop if you fell over, finish what's on your plate before you leave the table ..., eat, drink and be merry to celebrate, eat, drink and be sad if you're feeling down, stressed etc. etc ....

If you count how many years you have been subjected to subtle conditioning regarding food & drink - in my case one hell of a lot :rolleyes: It isn't going to all get sorted by the time you wake up tomorrow, but you have taken your first huge step in wanting it to be different from now on.

We are all unique and approach challenges in different ways. You just need to find the right way for you. Eat enough so you don't feel hungry, bored or deprived. Be kind to yourself. chips xx

Thanks chips that was very helpful.

Even though I feel I've binged this week I've still been within my points so I have to trust the system and see what happens at WI. I could have made some healthier choices though regarding what I've eaten.

I am feeling more positive today and have done some exercise which has lifted my mood.

Hey unpentium! Hows it going eh?
You know we all do it. Whats worse than that is the guilt, shame and frustration that comes with it.
Hope you're feeling goood today. A couple of brisk walks and at least 8 pints a day (of water) and you'll be grateful even if you STS.

Happy Friday everyone

I had so much water to drink yesterday!

Going to walk the dog soon but it looks like it could rain.

Ohhhh i had a bit of a binge today, i am within my points tho and i have 9 weeklys left....just couldnt stop eating!!

I most definitely self sabotage. In fact, I think I spend more time sabotaging than actually dieting. At least you are still within weekly points guys, let us know how the WI goes, fingers crossed you will lose!

Oh i think ive royally messed it up today....i tried suggesting to my friend to go to healthy places but she wanted to go to all you can eat chinese....i didnt wven no what to have ahaha...oh well

I've gone 14 points over my APs and weeklies all gone! Oops.

Going to be a gain at WI I can feel it.

I am so annoyed with myself over yesterday i didnt even point it because i couldnt....im so annoyed merrrr

Yes!! Completley on plan today, not that its gonna make much difference!!! :)

Back