Self sabotage

ApplySomePressure

Silver Member
I don't know why but for some reason I'm really struggling to get my mind back focused on this diet and doing it properly 100%.

I had a break at the weekend from the diet which had been planned from the start for a hen night. I had decided to drink so knew I would need to eat.

For some reason instead of trying to eat vaguely healthily I used the whole weekend as a massive binge, making myself feel sick the whole time. I wasn't hungry once but ate so much for no other reason than I could.

Now i'm really struggling to get back on track, it seems so difficult now when I was finding it ok before. I think what makes it worse is that i've another planned break next week for the moonwalk marathon so i'm already worried about possibly binging and then getting back on track!

Sorry for the very long post, just don't know why I'm sabotaging myself now after doing well. I'm not nearly at my goal and don't want this to be another diet where I lose some and put it all back on again plus more.

put the binging behind you hun and move on!

Your losses are so good that its just not worth putting weight back on! For the marathon i would make good food choices, eat what you NEED to rather than what you want to, and try having your shakes at the same time so you dont eat too much unnecessary food?

I know you know that its all worth while, and your guilt shows that to the max....so now you just have to get back on track!

Rather keep going and come off for the marathon, than eat junk between now and then and restart and feel horrible for it!

Here's a leg up for you hun to get back on that wagon
xxxxxx

Hiya....
I too in the past have had a wonderfully developed SSS (self sabotage system) I knew what i was doing, but I just 'couldn't stop it!

This time I am controlling it and the only difference this time, is that I wrote a plan.... I call it a life plan and it goes up to 5 yrs,,,, CD is a part of the plan and all the steps to losing weight are in that plan...
I have had occasions whilst ont he plan and have more planned, I needed to be very very clear with myself to question every single choice I made.
The reason I am harping on about myself, is that I think we sometimes go off plan firstly because we believe we have beaten our demons and can control ourselves (this is often not the case) and secondly because our motivations just aren't strong enough.
Why not try it?
Write down exactly why you want this.... What you are willing to sacrifice for a very short time (this diet is a blink of an eye in relation to our whole lifetime)
You have made a brilliant first step in getting back into by coming here and saying 'help' but you need to put the cheating behind you and make sure you are the most important thing in your life right now.
You have had brilliant losses and it will only take you a few miserable days to get back into the swing of CD again (ketosis)... you are worth it....

x

Thanks both of you. I know I want to lose weight and I have so many reasons why and I am determined not to have this as another failed attempt. I can't understand why I can't get myself back on track knowing all this.

Maybe suconciously your scared of losing all the weight....maybe its more of a confidence reason?
You just have to realise what is important to you, if losing the weight is near the top of that list, then you WILL get back onto CD.....take back control hun and dont let this beat you
xxxxx

Back