Senna - to get things 'going'

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by binibikini, 26 May 2009 Social URL.

1. binibikini

binibikini supposed to be working!

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Is anyone else having some gentle laxatives while on SS? I dont want things to slow down so am having 'Smooth Move' a senna tea I picked up from the health store out here.
    What are others' experiences?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    Hi Binibikini, I am going to be taking Sennakot tablets tonight as I am so constipated it's making me very uncomfortble-sorry tmi. I'm in week 3 and at first it just slowed down but now very difficult to do anything. The packet says not to take until the evening so I will give it a shot tonight. Hope the senna tea works for you. Zoe x

4. Witchy

Witchy ButtERfly

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(22.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Im using Senakot every three days as I just cannot go at all and have no working mussels down their at the moment either till have a small op it really helps me.

5. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    have you guys given fibre 89 a whirl? your cdc should have it.

add a teaspoon to your water/ coffee/ shake a day and it will keep you going regularly... not a biggy but at least a small one lol!!!

you will need to clear yourself (cant think of a nice way to put that...) first then start on the fibre 89, dont take it whilst you are constipated. it will only add to the problem. it is for preventative use not as a cure.

xxx

6. binibikini

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Thank you all for your ideas. I was thinking of picking up some benefiber (US version of mix-in-drink fibre) today and adding that to a glass of water. I hate being constipated!
    BTW Cambridge*Diet*08 - I was up reading your blog last night and read all the way up to Day 114 or something :) wonderful insight and since Mini-mins is sleeping during my evening (EST) I have to resort to alternative mediums of motivation to not raid the fridge. I also found some great before-after vids on youtube.
    Thanks again :)

7. Sunshine Singer

Sunshine Singer Dropped White Sugar & Feeling Fantastic

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.87%)
    Diet:
    No white sugar
    Well I've been so constipated, I can't remember last going (eeek sorry guys too much info) so my CDC has suggested I start taking senekot untill it clears and then as said above to take the fibre after. Wish I'd used the fibre from the start. I'm so uncomfortable!!!! The ony thing with senekot and me is it makes me very weak the next day and on VLD it could be even worse but gotta give it a go. The joys, the joys.

How are you getting on hun? Have you had good start? xxx

8. binibikini

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Diet:
    CD SS
    I'm doing well Sunshine :) Im upbeat and loving this gift of lightness and awareness I am giving to my body. I am going to bed at night with visions of my future body and I'm constantly looking for ways to make myself feel happy - realizing the food is not the answer :)
    Thanks for checking up on me xx

9. cambridge*diet*08

cambridge*diet*08 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.8%)
    Diet:
    CD Sole Source
    ah bless thanks, i loved writing it and it really helped keep me focused!

x

10. Witchy

Witchy ButtERfly

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st13lb(22.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Wow I went and got some the Fibre stuff from my CDC last night and had it with my last shake wow, it certainly works.

11. Bess

Bess Plod, plod, plod.....

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    No S ing & sensible eating.
    I think most of us have been affected by constipation on this diet. It's horrible. I've solved it by taking Psyllium husks which I get from the local health food shop. I take a couple with my morning and evening CD meal and have been fine ever since.

12. alexmummy07

alexmummy07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(26.47%)
    Diet:
    CD/SW
    I took 2 senna tabs last night - and they did the trick for me, now going to try Fybogel as reccomended by CDC x

13. MissPinky

MissPinky Shrinky Pinky!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - maintenance
    I'm having a Dulcolax tablet every couple of days - seems to do the trick. I have a tub of Benefiber in the cupboard, but it's higher in cals and carbs per 'serving' than the cambridge fibre, so my counsellor suggested Dulcolax or the cambridge supplement instead.

On a similar note my IBS symptoms and painful bloating stopped immediately I started on CD! I can cope with this kind of 'slowness' as it doesn't come with pain and a tummy like a coconut. Huge relief! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.