Senokot doesn't work HELP!

Jenn457

Sorry for the post but I really need to go to the toilet and senokot max isn't working does anyone have any recommendations? One that they have found effective? xx

How much water are u drinkin each day xx

Dulcolax- its thr only one that works for me- and only when i really really have to - i have to take 2 and its evil - really strong- wakes me early with really griping pains- but gets things working again

I was lookin around for the name but u have mentioned it now xx

Use a glycerin suppository they are painless and work in about 15 mins ....I swear by them x

Are you having the bars as well? They have fibre in them so I've never had this problem which many others on here have mentioned.

Yes have bars shakes etc and small meal , I have always suffered so its not new to me, if you don't suffer you don't realise how lucky you are !

You have to find what works for you , everyone is different .

I swear by prune juice in the morning .....not allowed on diet but it helps.

Also, if its a regular problem you have, you might want to add the fibre powder in your shakes. It works on the long term though so it won't help at all if you have a big constipation crisis. This is really a side effect we could do without, eh? :(

Definitely! I haven't seen this maybe I will ask my consultant next week! xx

You can get things called psyllium husks from Health food shops that do the same job as Cambridge fibre and may be cheaper. They seem to get mentioned on here a lot (though I have never used them).

I 'treat' myself to an ex lax chocolate laxative.... only on CD does that seem like a treat. Always does the job.

I agree with bessieb! Only thing that works for me is duclolax.

Back