September Starters

I went to drop in first thing this morning and I've lost 3.3lbs...in 2 days! I'm looking forward to proper weigh in on Wednesday next week. Not sure about ketosis yet as we didn't do the wee on stick thing, hopefully will get it checked next week.

I've struggled with water intake this morning as we were out and about so I shall have to make up for it this afternoon now that I'm close to a loo. I felt really bloated and full by the time I'd had all my water and shakes last night, that seems a bit strange given the amount of food and drink I would normally have consumed.

Thanks for the info on ketosis - our session was a bit of a rush so I'm saving more questions for next proper meeting.

LS - exciting news about Australia, I know how super strict they are on bringing in prohibited or undeclared goods, but if you declare your food packs, and let them swab one, you should be fine. I'd phone up Australia House (in London) and ask. But you're probably not the first person whose entered Oz on LL. Failing that, picking up the CD packs once you're there should be ok for a short period.

Its movie time at my place and I'm skulking on this forum until the o/h finishes eating his very yummy looking dinner. I can't wait till the whole "I'm not hungry" thing kicks in. I've been hungry all day today! :sigh:

:sign0137: Nettle tea!

Im on day 4 and its the first day Ive actually had hunger pains, my stomach has been rumbling. Its horrible. My feet are freezing I wore thermal socks. My mouth tastes DISGUSTING! Does this taste wear off? I coped with a meal out today though which is a positive. I went to the toilets and shook up a shake then poured it into a glass and went back to the table. I dont know why i hid in the toilets I think it was because I didnt want people looking at me. Ive felt a bit weak/dizzy at times too. Does all of this wear off? will I ever feel normal when doing this diet?

seriously feeling like CRAP!!! all day today EVERYTHING has been tempting to me, had yet again another barney with the oh and its sooooooooo pissing me off!! ive had a monster of a headache all day, and a rotten feeling in my mouth, its like ive drank loadsa chlorined water!! dunno how though cause i drink bottled water!! have one shake to go...and dont want anything near my mouth so just gonna have to knock it back!!

soooooooooooooo pissed off!! agghhh!! i feel like i want to cave in but not letting myself do it!! my ma making comments today bout not eating anything etc and bf keeps telling me if im gonna be this moody to come off it (in my opinion im not been moody and anything im saying i would say with food too) just have had a crap day and hope tomorros better :(

hope everyones doing ok and no one has caved in xxx and well done on the losses so far everyones doing brill xxx

How weird - i've been starving all afternoon/evening too, even straight after having my soup. Maybe it's the weather?

Anyhow, just had my first cup of earl grey tea with no milk and it tastes the same and OMG I had a peanut bar with it and I suddenly feel normal again. In fact better than normal I feel fantastic!!! I can highly recommend the bars!!!! I am going to keep them just for weekends to give me a real treat and boy was it worth it!!

Unless the Murray/Nadal match comes back on I think I will have an early night and then that's another day I can tick off!!

Hi all, just thought I'd throw my two penny worth in! Am on day 5 now after restarting because I gave up as I was feeling weak and starving on the 3rd and 4th day, just like you MM. I am starting to feel much better this time round so please do persevere because the weakness and hunger do go. I am definitely in ketosis now so expect to feel much better soon. I have done this before, I did my 3 months and lost 3 stone, fab! But didn't get to goal. I could kick myself for not carrying on because I could have gone through maintenance and learnt how to eat properly, which sadly I have forgotten to do. So, if you can, please do reach your goals and carry on with maintenance and don't end up a yoyo'er like me.

Goodmorning girls and howdey to the new girls..

After a pretty tough afternoon/evening yesterday - where I was super hungry and having to hide away from OH as he ate dinner, this morning is going much better. Have woken up (finally) not hungry! I really didn't think it would happen to me and I would be spending the next 3 months with a grumbling tummy. So if its happened to me I'm sure it will for everyone else. But I think you're totally right Caz - the weather definitely doesn't help. On cold wet days I'm used to curling up with the OH, watching a movie and eating bad things.

As for bad breath - I've invested in extra toothpaste to keep in my handbag, mouth wash (which I'm using very regularly just to kill the weird taste in my mouth). I'll be popping to Boots later to try and get some of the spray breath freshener for when I'm on the go.

Yesterday, with a headache and hunger pangs I only got through by picturing that wall. I'm half way up and dont' want to have to start climbing from the bottom all over again. Stick with it everyone!

PHEW i feel normal again!! woohoo!
made up with oh and bab, no headache so only the yuck feeling in my mouth now but thats ok, just not expecting many kisses while on this haha
had my coffe and vanilla shake today already and gonna get up now and clean the house for while while listening to music!! weathers ok ere nice and bright so wanna get the bab out for couple of hours!!

have a lovely sunday everyone!! any one have there wi tomorro?

I went shopping today for groceries for OH and had to help him choose easy stuff to cook. It was horendous. I have found myself on a few occasions actually wanting to cry. I bought myself some red tabasco, some sparkling water and some gold spot mouth freshner and some body wash. I feel tired and weak still but I think some of thats due to my baby keeping me up alot last night. I now have to sit here and smell the stew that OH is cooking himself. I wish I had done this when I lived alone and could have just avoided food altogether.

Hi Girls, I started on Monday 1st, had lost 4 lb by Thursday. Got my next group meeting on Monday and hoping for more positive results but been struggling this weekend, found it easier to keep to a routine on weekdays. I have stuck to my food packs but really craving naughty stuff, hope the cravings get easier to deal with!

Anyway good luck to you all keep going it will be worth it when we are all in new outfits a few sizes smaller for Christmas!

Love Deb

:sign0137: Just tried to eat the toffee bar. Managed a couple of bites but couldn't down it at all. So far the only bar I like is the rasberry one. I'm having much more luck with the soups and shakes so think I may skip bars altogether next week.

Having to focus on regular weigh-ins definitely helps to keep me on track. My hunger is back (darn it) but knowing I'll be on those scales in 3 days is keeping me straight. Do we always have a mid-week weigh in or is it just for the first week?

MM - I've been dreading supermarket shopping as I'm such an impulse buyer. It's also a place where (weirdly) I've always found my zen. To help, OH and I sat down and did shopping for him for the week online. Tesco delivers and if you book a quiet slot its only £4.99 - which is actually much less than I'd usually spend on impulse items if I went to the supermarket. I'm finding that staying right away from food is helping me in these early days.

I also popped into LUSH to pick up one of their moisturising bars for stretchmarks and firming up skin. My sis swore by them through both of her pregnancies. Despite having a very small frame, being absulutely huge during pregnancy she returned to her normal shape and didn't get a single stretch mark. The bars smell lovely and I've been rubbing them on all the bits I want to shrink. :D Treating myself to nice girlie stuff while depriving myself of food is definitely helping.

Glad eveyone is feeling much better today. I am too (but then I've not receceived my 'danger time').

I'm starting to lose track of everyone on here and what day we started etc. so I have thought why don't we summarise.

ie
name - whereabouts - what week we are on - weigh in date - amount you wish to lose
joe bloggs - cheshire - week 1 - 3rd sept - 4 stone

then cut and paste the one before and include your name underneath. Does this make sense? That way we don't have to scroll through all the posts we should have them altogether on one at the end!

Caz789 - Cheshire - week 1 - 9th Sept (tuesdays) - 4 stone

SurreySlimmer - Surrey - week 1 - 10th Sept - 6.5 stone

Mollysmum - Manchester - week 1 - 9th Sept - 6-7 stone

Laststraw - London - week 1 - 10th sept - 3 stone

Willdoitthistime! - Surrey - to start on 10th Sept - 4 stone

You're all doing really well. Bet you are glad to nearly have your first week over! Can't wait to get started :)

catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) - 4stone

catznolan -carlow(ire) -week 1 -10th sept (wed) -
4stone

Wytchy - (Kim) - Stourbridge, West Mids - Week 1 10th Sept (Wed) - 5 stone (to start!!)
:)

Hello darlins!!!

It's been really interesting reading about your high and low points.

The only thing I've suffered with to date is the horrible metallic taste in my mouth which is makin me feel really self conscious. I've got a pet hate about smelly breath so I'm really trying to avoid getting too close to people right now.

I haven't experienced the hunger yet at all which I'm finding completely bizarre as I usually feel hungry all the time. Mind you that wasn't real 'hunger' was it? Just cravings I suppose.

I forgot about my lunch pack today! How mad is that? I'd had my rasp one earlier this morning cos I got up late about 10 - then went to my friend's house. I had a soup in my bag but it wasn't until I got home that I realised I hadn't had it!! :confused: I had it about 4.30 - I didn't really 'need' or 'want' it but I don't want to get into the spiral of not eating at all cos right now I could quite easily do just that!!

I think I'm enjoying the shakes more than the soups.

I blitzed some hot water and coffee last night, and then added it to my choc shake, then nuked it in the microwave and it tasted just like a really luxurious mocha chocolate. I think that's my fave so far.

I really like the raspberry one but I've heard that they're discontinuing that one - bliddy typical!!

Back