September Starters

I got my packs this evening.... I'm a bit......:cry:and :confused: for some reason. I've been really excited up until now and suddenly it's all real!!! Still. Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my lighter life.

hahahah oh God how cheesey!!!! :rolleyes:

Good luck tomorrow! I am starting next Wednesday, 10th Sept and I can't wait. I want to start NOW! Would love to lose 4 stone by Christmas. I hope I can do it. Everyone sounds so positive on this thread so hopefully we can help each other. It's also good to see what others think of the flavours - which ones are nice or not!

Just made my first food pack and it didn't start well...

OK, so totally hands up for who wasn't listening when the councellor explained how to actually make the shakes...my hand's up in case you can't see it. I added one spoon of coffee (java junkie) to a pack of vanilla shake then added hot water fully expecting a frothy wonder to rival Starbucks.

What I got was more like gelatinous sludge floating in gobules on top of a mug of boiling water. Happily, I'd already read some of the threads on here and new to throw it all in the blender and et voilla - 15 secs later I have what does indeed look like a starbucks latte. Albiet it tastes a little more hardy - must by the fibre - but all in all, not half bad! It definitely bodes well for the next 99 days (but I'm not counting). Now I just need to figure out how the tickers work.
Many thanks to the LL girls on this forum!

Waheyyyy!!! I'm off and running!!! Well ok then - perhaps running is a little bit of a lie - wobbling may be!!

Feeling much more positive this morning. Started with just a plain vanilla shake and some ice and it was surprisingly ok! Had a cup of black tea - which I was dreading - but again it really was 'ok'!

I've got chicken soup for lunch and I've got a choc shake in case I get the shakes later on!!! lol Not sure how I'll get on with the soup cos I'm not really a 'soup' person. We shall see.

Good luck everyone!! xxx

I felt the same after returning from my first meeting. For 2 months I have been saying I will be slim by Christmas but then suddenly the time was here to do something about it and it seemed so daunting. I have done weight watchers before - twice and felt the same at the start then. I know once I see the weight coming off I will be far happier about myself.

Part of me wants to shout to everyone that I know I'm fat now but just wait and see me in 14 weeks and I mean even people I don't know!!!

Anyway day one over with and onto day 2 and I feel so more confident today. I know I can do this and in 14 weeks time I will look back and smile.

Good luck to everyone else - we WILL get through this together! x

Surreyslimer - for the tickers you go to tickerfactory.com and create a ticker. Copy the link it gives you and then go to your signature on this site and paste the link. Good luck!

hey everyone who has started today...good luck its daunting but ya will get through it, take it one day at a time and ya be fab!!

im on day 3 only had one shake so far that was banana!! gonna have the vanilla with coffee for lunch!! feeling very cold and slight little headache nothing thats tooo bad though!! only slightly hungry but again nothing that aint bothering me...thank god ha

Thanks for the ticker tips Caz, I've made one but can't find where my signature is on here? When I click on my own icon it says I don't have permission to see/edit my profile. I must be doing something dreadfully wrong. Any hints?

Surreyslimmer - go to 'quick links' at the top and then click on edit signature - it let me do it this way.

Many thanks again Caz, I think that worked???

Hurrah! It did work!!! Also, hurrah, by complete accident I made a very yummy lunch with the Thai Soup mix. I was so busy trying to add small amounts of water and stir quickly to avoid this morning's disaster of gobules of food mix that by the time I turned it into a smooth paste I realised it was much yummier than soup and just ate it like that. It was just like a very spicey creamy mash. Very happy with how day 1 is going so far.

Hurrah! It did work!!! Also, hurrah, by complete accident I made a very yummy lunch with the Thai Soup mix. I was so busy trying to add small amounts of water and stir quickly to avoid this morning's disaster of gobules of food mix that by the time I turned it into a smooth paste I realised it was much yummier than soup and just ate it like that. It was just like a very spicey creamy mash. Very happy with how day 1 is going so far.

OO!! I'm going to try that later then!!! Thanks for the tip!

Hi all,

So far I have had the strawberry shake (yummy), vegetable soup (fine), thai chilli soup (not great), hot chocolate (nice), banana shake (yummy), chicken soup (fine) and mushroom soup (again fine). I much prefer the shakes but have the soups so I feel like I'm eating rather than just drinking.

I have 4 of the bars which I'm going to save for the last 4 nights and then I will probably get 2 to use as treats at weekends.

I have found late afternoon/early evening quite difficult today. The time between 4 until 7 is hard but coming on here has cheered me up again, especially looking at the new photos of Blond Logic!!

How's everyone else getting on?

im doing fine today to thank god!! tested for ketosis this morning and was purple so got a fright, so tested again sec time when went to the loo and it was back grand...phew!!
had a little bit of a barney with the fella bout weight etc...and dont think he fully understood untill today how down i am bout my weight, so kinda nice that he knows now!!

I'm actually quite embarassed at the fact I'm finding the soups okay - vege, mushroom and thai chilli. I think it's because I was so lazy in my cooking (umm what cooking) over the last two months that my taste buds have deserted me. Never mind - I hope they come back in 98 days time.

The dizziness has gone as I've had a chilled out evening, I'm not hungry, don't have a headache or much of that feverish feeling any more. I almost feel normal :)

Sorry to hear about the barney Catz. Hope everything is okay now.

i didnt get any soups because didnt think i would like them but might add one every week!!
glad ur feeling better, i had to force myself to drink last shake, just really wasnt hungry!! and i hope im not jinxing myself but i actually feel human on this diet, and more laid back now im not dealing with eating probs!! woohoo!!

ah yeah were grand now, he is afraid im going to become so obsessed with my weight i wont no when to stop but its like i said, my self esteem is rock bottom and im loosing weight for me, so thats all that matters!!

Well I've survived my first day!! Amazed really cos I don't feel hungry at the moment. I've got a bit of a headache but then that's nothing new really - i've always got one of them to varying degrees!

Enjoyed my chocolate shake this evening.

Katz - sorry you've had a blow up with yer man - what are they like eh? They just don't 'get' it sometimes do they?

Men - can't live with em - can't get more than one in the boot of yer car!!! ;)

Good morning LL girls, like you Wytchy, my first day went quite well. The only big problems I had (apart from odd grumblings) was waking up throughout the night either thirsty or needing to pee.

I had two soups yesterday (lunch & dinner) and am I wrong in thinking they're very salty? I'm sure there's something about keeping up salt intake when you're drinking water, but I usually have very little salt in my diet. Did anyone else wake up last night desperate for water? Also - very cold ears! My OH is finding it all very amusing and has offered to buy ear muffs. ps - its very nice to share with you guys.

glad ya got through the email stuff without eating stuff like that is hard to stop urself from eating!!
the only thing with my oh is hes tiny never been bigger than 11 stoneand cause hs really tall so finds it hard to understand why my weight and apperance bothers me!! spec when in his eyes i dont have a weight prob!!
anyways!! onto day 4 and other than feeling little tired cause was up with the little lad last nite im doing fine!! had my banana ahake already and gonna lie down and read and go sleep for while!!
im drinking just over 5 litres a day! and ttok my measurements last nite so in 3 days ive lost 10 inches from the places my llc measured!! woohoo!! even though 5inc of that is from my chest :( lol!!

have a good day everyone xxx

I think we may need to form a 3am club for when we're all up drinking water, peeing and pulling on thick socks!

LS - The dizziness must be a real pain - I'm guessing its low blood sugar which you can't do anything about when you're not allowed sugar. Did you get any of the water additives? Have you tried tricking your body into thinking its getting something sweet? I did it yesterday afternoon and it really helped my 3pm chocolate bar cravings. Once your body adjusts to the new routine, it will adapt and the dizzines will go away. I did a 14 day fast/detox a couple of years ago and had the same thing. I just lay around a lot reading and it did pass so stick with it.

Back