September Starters

Day 1 for me - had Vanilla shake for breakfast - YUK!! Hoping they aren't all as bad as that. I'm panicking about half-term already as we are supposed to go to the coast and now lots of friends are coming too so I need to prepare the 'f' word for lots of hungry people - eek!

Lol i dont like none of the soups, im sticking to shakes, they yummy, not had vanilla yet tho, so will get back to you on that one!

Good luck luck on the food front, i would not want to be in your shoes, but im sure you will be fine! Alot of ppl have to face normal food every day while they are on there food packs! Just think slim!
Good luck on your new journey, im only on my 2nd day;)

Hey SS - Snap - we lost the same this week.:D

Morning everyone. Well apart from my back still feeling like someone has kicked me around a football pitch - then I'm a tad more chipper than I have been of late so hopefully the anti biotics are doing their work and I shall be on the upward path!

I'm off to Oxford on Saturday to stay with some friends and I'm having a 'day off' LL. I have planned it all and shall be sensible but I don't expect a big loss next week. There is still no logical reason however with the weight I have to lose, that I should NOT lose at least a couple of pounds, but I won't be downhearted if it doesn't happen.

I only see these friends once each year so I'm really looking forward to it.

Everyone is doing so well! I love our little group!! xxxx

Glad your feeling much better and have a wonderful chill time with your friends...
Wot i could do with some female companionship, i find it hard to find female friends mine are all male, never know when im slimmer, i might attract female friends to go clothes shopping with maybe!

Oh my god, just had the vanilla shake and nearly threw up. It tastes like caramel which I hate. Will avoid this one at all costs. I really like the strawberry and banana though. I tried to make crisps from the mushroom soup paste but they got stuck to the plate and I wasted a soup, I guess it takes some practise

Karma and Andy - fantastic weight losses!!! Bet you're both super motivated eh?! Well done to both of you!

Well I thought that I should make my own decisions about the bars so I've tried one of each this week. The lemon was just about palatable but I won't be buying it again. The fruit bar........ jesus wept - i have never tasted anything so foul in my life. It even SMELLS gross!! I'm going to have a rant now - stand back!! WHY do LL put this stuff out there if it tastes so gross? Surely it's a no brainer - if it tastes vile then no-one will buy it. Simple. This plan is hard enough as it is and to my mind having stuff which is totally unpalatable on it restricts the choices we can make even further. You'd think for the price of these things they'd at least make them attractive to us PAH!!:mad: You have to buy these things to try them then end up losing money cos you can't eat them and wasting packs.

Ok. You can come back now.

I love LL really. Just needed to get that out of my system.

Moving on..... hee hee hee.....

The fruit bar........ jesus wept - i have never tasted anything so foul in my life. It even SMELLS gross!!

LOL! You're so right. I don't know where they got "fruit" from, more like baby earwax.

Happily the peanut and cranberry ones are nice. One of the girls in my group said if you get stuck with a waxy bar, cut it into chunks and microwave it and they turn into crispy cookies. I'm not totally convinced, but if you're stuck with the rest of your bar, Wytchy, it might fill in the gaps.

Thanks Witchy, yeah I feel motivated - good thing too as i'm about to head off for the weekend to a friend's house where there is a 30th birthday party.

I have one each of the bars that no one likes (I have 2 each of the crispy ones - and tried the peanut - score - I like that one).

I saw that no one seems to like the other 3, so I have made sure next week's bars were just peanut and cranberry/

That's what I've been doing Andy. Love the peanut one - had a couple of weird ones to start but think they were old stock - the new ones taste a bit like tracker bars. I like the cranberry ones best. I was putting off trying the other ones cos everyone at group had said they were horrible but I'm a bit of an anarchist - so decided to try them for myself. Big mistake. HUGE!! pmsl....

I might try the wax melt down SS thanks for that - I can either eat them - or stick wicks in them and use em as dinner candles!!!:D

I have issues with all the bars I've tried so far! But I can deal with them, I'm going to try and toast the peanut one, as i've heard that's good. And i think i will have to try the cooked lemon and toffee ones too!

Oh nightmare. Why does the solid food all have to be pants? At this rate I will be living off shakes!!

But, I will be continuing. After I lost 10lb in my first week, that was last week, I am super motivated to continue until the bitter end!!

B x

All i have is shakes, because i smelt my hubby's i thought noway could i have them, but im already getting bored of them, so i might wean some soups in.

oi get away from the scales ;) haha
im expecting a low loss this week to though (would love to be proved wrong ha) but not gonna be upset if i do have a low one.
i have a couple of hours alone to day so gonna scrub the place, and get a shower.
im going out to night...kinda apprenhsive about it but no my friends will be grand with me not drinking so no pressure!!
got a new top yes and tried it on with my size 14 jeans i only have worn like 3 times...the trousers are soooooooooo baggy but i really dont think i can get into a 12 yet!! raging in a way cause they are gorg jeans haha but kinda delighted haha
hope everyones having a nice morning xxx

laststraw - no, not tried thai chilli. I have now tried a chicken poppadum. That was really nice! So will be making that again. Gives me a change from the shakes.

Although, good thing about the shakes, my lovely cousin decided to have a macdonalds shake for her breakfast this morning, so it was great sitting next to her with my strawberry shake, knowing mine was far healthier! Point to Beki!

Also, I do jump on the scales at home too, but only really to make sure I am still losing!!! I dont pay much attention to what numbers they are, just so long as they are less than the last time!! Keeps me motivated!

B x

Morning all - well day 4 for me - felt a bit weird yesterday, not ill or anything, just 'weird'. Can't believe that I am doing this, it's great. Haven't craved food yet and luckily lovely Hubby is doing all the cooking. I never noticed before how many on the ads on TV are for food!! It's ridiculous, no wonder I'm overweight!! All those subliminal messages!!

Really please I love the soups (and me with a sweet tooth??). Thought the banana shake had an after taste of raw flour - yuk! Choc shake is great too - hurrah!! First pop-in tonight - wish me luck!!

Back