Serendipity and Very low syn cola bottle jelly sweets

think il try these too, anyone got pics?

Just last Tuesday, I was told about the new flavours of No Added Sugar cordials from Tesco (Sherbet Lemon, Pear Drop and Cola Bottle flavours)....

Then Serendipity appeared in the guise of a thread for Jelly Sweets the SW way.....

And so tonight, Cola Bottle Flavour Jelly Sweets were born!!!.....

I know that N.A.S cordials are 'free' but as I was using them 'not as directed' I checked out the kcals to work out the syns... 6 kcal per 100ml..

I used about 150ml (so about 9/10 kcals worth = 1/2 syn)

This made 26 jelly sweets, ice-cube size all for 1/2 syn!!!

Method

In a jug add 1/4 pint of boiling water.
Add 2 gelatine sachets and stir until dissolved.
Top up to the 1/2 pint mark with Tesco N.A.S. Cola Bottle flavour cordial.
Pour into moulds/tray.
Chill for about 1 hour.
Enjoy!!

Sounds yum....ill try it this weekend

Has anyone got any tips of how to get theses out of the moulds in one piece?

I don't know if it the type of mould I used (have those different ones from ikea) but they come out a right mess! Might try with chocolate moulds as not so deep.

made some yesterday and they are nice.. taste like a diluted coke, they are hard enough to bite but not much of a chew (if you know what i mean) will try the pear drop and sherbert lemon when i have finished the cola ones.. might even try other juices, blackcurrent, blackcurrent and apple, orange etc ;)

will report back when i do make them :)

have made some today. blackcurrent and apple, fruit salad and pear drop.. (fruit salad from asda / pear drop from tesco) love the blackcurrent and apple will be making more of them in future,,

fruit salad was lovely bit of a citrus punch in the after taste but the pear drop blew me away, wasn't to sure what it would turn out like, when i poured it into the ice cube tray it was clear, when set it looks just like an ice cube but i think it tastes just like a pear drop, dad thinks it's like pear drop but not quite..

like i've said before, the whole thing has a bite to it, but no chew factor. i want to go the shops tomorrow and see what other flavours i can pick up :)

Malc-D said:
have made some today. blackcurrent and apple, fruit salad and pear drop.. (fruit salad from asda / pear drop from tesco) love the blackcurrent and apple will be making more of them in future,,

fruit salad was lovely bit of a citrus punch in the after taste but the pear drop blew me away, wasn't to sure what it would turn out like, when i poured it into the ice cube tray it was clear, when set it looks just like an ice cube but i think it tastes just like a pear drop, dad thinks it's like pear drop but not quite..

like i've said before, the whole thing has a bite to it, but no chew factor. i want to go the shops tomorrow and see what other flavours i can pick up :)

I completely agree, I need the chew aspect of it!

It's worth having a look in morrisons as well, they do a few unique flavours of squash although can't remember what exactly. They also do things like strawberry laces/jelly baby/raspberry ripple flavoured NAS fizzy drinks. Not sure how it would work with the fizz but could try it after making it flat.

I made some pear drop ones today. They're more like eating pear drop jelly but they're gorgeous. Trouble is they're moorish and I can't stop eating them! I'm glad they're only 1/2 syn for the lot!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back