Serial dieter strikes again...

I'm on a DD today but don't think I can face a double DD, however I am struggling a little with /my /ud's at the moment ..like you, I've been going a bit mad so intend to be really healthy on Tues & Thurs..but will let my hair down next weekend as my one weekend off this month LOL.

MrsGlas81 said:
Oops... Very over indulgent weekend just gone by... Scales showed it this morning! So here goes... 2 DDDs coming up. Who's with me?!

I am doing DDD on Tuesday Wednesday as its my granddaughters 2nd birthday on Thursday! Need an up on Thursday!

That goes without saying! Lol!

I've managed today. I find I manage DDs better when I don't eat anything all day. I think if I have breakfast then I'm immediately hungry again.. So I just starve and have a meal in the evening. Seems to work for me. Sadly the weight isn't diminishing yet though. Be interesting to see what my weight is on Friday after my DDD regime as this is my first week on it. Fingers crossed.

I'm still here. Bit downbeat hence why no posts recently. Been doing this a month now and no weightloss. Bit gutted really. I've been doing DDDs since last thurs / friday... And still no really loss. I'd just love to see the scales say below 11st2. Just hope I get that tomorrow.

MrsGlas81 said:
I'm still here. Bit downbeat hence why no posts recently. Been doing this a month now and no weightloss. Bit gutted really. I've been doing DDDs since last thurs / friday... And still no really loss. I'd just love to see the scales say below 11st2. Just hope I get that tomorrow.

Missus! Was your last diet a vlcd? I just want to say take it easy, my weight is going between 1010 and 11 stone. I know that after coming off a vlcd all sorts can happen so give the bod a wee break? I am v happy, 3 weeks in and I don't go above the 11 and I get the joy of getting all the rubbish I want to eat out my system first in a controlled way..
My body will sort itself eventually..
I did try on a pair of size tens and got zip up! So I know something is happening...

Once I have done that, I will then do a cleaner set of up days with no junk and see if that helps. I know by looking at mfp that I eat too many carbs at the moment, I will tweak them soon as I know that is my downfall..
I will also add in a bit of exercise as well ..

Chin up missus bet the inches are going!

biggusburdus said:
Missus! Was your last diet a vlcd? I just want to say take it easy, my weight is going between 1010 and 11 stone. I know that after coming off a vlcd all sorts can happen so give the bod a wee break? I am v happy, 3 weeks in and I don't go above the 11 and I get the joy of getting all the rubbish I want to eat out my system first in a controlled way..
My body will sort itself eventually..
I did try on a pair of size tens and got zip up! So I know something is happening...

Once I have done that, I will then do a cleaner set of up days with no junk and see if that helps. I know by looking at mfp that I eat too many carbs at the moment, I will tweak them soon as I know that is my downfall..
I will also add in a bit of exercise as well ..

Chin up missus bet the inches are going!

Thanks for the reply :) yes it was a vlcd. Guess I'm just used to seeing results and quickly! And I am glad that I've managed to maintain my weight over a month without piling it on. I was warned when I first started to give it time. I've just a moany old cow atm! Totm is due this weekend so I'm guessing that doesn't help! I haven't noticed much difference in my clothes as yet. I'll give it another month and do some more measurements. Good plan re mfp - it's so much easier being able to eat what you want on UDs though! Can't bloody wait til tomorrow!

Question... OH and I just went out to lunch, I had red pepper and celery soup which had pesto and Parmesan shavings on top. As I'm on a dd today, how do I estimate calories? I had a 2 pieces of crusty white bread with it? Help! I've sort of estimated on mfp but not sure if I've done right?

MrsGlas81 said:
Thanks for the reply :) yes it was a vlcd. Guess I'm just used to seeing results and quickly! And I am glad that I've managed to maintain my weight over a month without piling it on. I was warned when I first started to give it time. I've just a moany old cow atm! Totm is due this weekend so I'm guessing that doesn't help! I haven't noticed much difference in my clothes as yet. I'll give it another month and do some more measurements. Good plan re mfp - it's so much easier being able to eat what you want on UDs though! Can't bloody wait til tomorrow!

Question... OH and I just went out to lunch, I had red pepper and celery soup which had pesto and Parmesan shavings on top. As I'm on a dd today, how do I estimate calories? I had a 2 pieces of crusty white bread with it? Help! I've sort of estimated on mfp but not sure if I've done right?

I just think this is the best way for the body to recover after doing a vlcd? You may not be losing but you can get your brain back onto the food train and get those cravings out the road..

I hate TOTM! I am grumpy before and during! Lol..

As long as you ensure your guesstimate is as close as u can that's all I would do.. I just try make sure I don't go into the stupid realms of calories on DD.

Yesterday was an UUUD! Never,ind. today I've aimed for 1200 cals to compensate. But that does include a roast of course! And a cherry bake well! Bring on the DDDs this week. Lets smash this weightloss!

I forgot to mention that I lost another 1/4 of a lb this wk! Slowly but surely I guess!

MrsGlas81 said:

Yesterday was an UUUD! Never,ind. today I've aimed for 1200 cals to compensate. But that does include a roast of course! And a cherry bake well! Bring on the DDDs this week. Lets smash this weightloss!

I forgot to mention that I lost another 1/4 of a lb this wk! Slowly but surely I guess!

Good for you! Doing a great job keep it up MG!

After DDDs mon and tues I'm ready for my UD tomorrow. I'm enjoying doing DDDs though. So far so good! Hoping for a loss this week as although the weekend was very UP it wasn't as UP as the previous one!

Had my laser eye surgery today. Up until about an hour ago it felt like I have been chopping onions all day! Better now though. The final one of 4 DDDs today, I'm soooo looking fwd to tomorrow! Got another eye check in the pm so going to treat myself and kids to a cake from patisserie Valerie! Have gone over 600 cals today as had lunch out in zizzis - a salad, which on mfp says is 600 cal but I recon it may be less... All it was, was rocket, artichokes, asparagus, beetroot and ricotta cheese (4 teaspoons worth?) with two small dough sticks on the side. I may try and add the items on mfp singly to see what it says! Have nibbled whilst being home so guess I'm slightly over.

MrsGlas81 said:
Had my laser eye surgery today. Up until about an hour ago it felt like I have been chopping onions all day! Better now though. The final one of 4 DDDs today, I'm soooo looking fwd to tomorrow! Got another eye check in the pm so going to treat myself and kids to a cake from patisserie Valerie! Have gone over 600 cals today as had lunch out in zizzis - a salad, which on mfp says is 600 cal but I recon it may be less... All it was, was rocket, artichokes, asparagus, beetroot and ricotta cheese (4 teaspoons worth?) with two small dough sticks on the side. I may try and add the items on mfp singly to see what it says! Have nibbled whilst being home so guess I'm slightly over.

Oooh! Eye surgery! Well done you, brave girl!

Well, I'm still here, but I've half fallen off the wagon. I'm just not losing weight and I've lost my way. Think the only thing to do is reduce calories on my UDs but that's gonna hurt! Any tips gratefully received. Was doing DDDs until Thursday, then got taken out to lunch on a DD and Friday I woke up thinking a should use all my remaining slim and save packs so I have 3, then got home from work and decided I was going to eat... As it was the weekend! So before I go off the rails completely! Somebody please help me and give me some inspiration!

MrsGlas81 said:
Well, I'm still here, but I've half fallen off the wagon. I'm just not losing weight and I've lost my way. Think the only thing to do is reduce calories on my UDs but that's gonna hurt! Any tips gratefully received. Was doing DDDs until Thursday, then got taken out to lunch on a DD and Friday I woke up thinking a should use all my remaining slim and save packs so I have 3, then got home from work and decided I was going to eat... As it was the weekend! So before I go off the rails completely! Somebody please help me and give me some inspiration!

Chin up!
Been having a bit if trouble getting back on it myself, but I will do it tomorrow..
I've not been great since Wednesday, but I will pick myself back up and GE on that wagon!

You with me??

Big hugs and I just think we all get a wee bit lost without a proper structure. I am wanting to try the Hannah way, will have another look at it after I finish my TOTM..

Right, been ages since I was here, I've put weight on, but not to excess, just a few lbs so once I've got rid of all the Xmas food i have a plan! ...and the food is nearly all gone - thank god!

so, next week I'm going back to slim and save for a fortnight, and then I'll come back to this. I was 11st 8.5 this morning, so a 6lb gain for me, is not much, hopefully it won't take much to come off. There is NO WAY I'm going back to the fat me. No way. First holiday is booked for 2013, BRING IT ON!

Hey hun

Good to see you :) a jump start with s&s sounds like a plan

Xxx

Hey hun

Good to see you :) a jump start with s&s sounds like a plan

Xxx

Thanks Hun :) how have you been doing? I can't see your stats on my iPad, and I had a sneak thru your diary hope its all going okay - your still here - well done!

Glad to hear your back on it Mrs G! Let me know how the S&S goes !

I'm still hanging about LOL got my diary in the members diary bit now

Had my reduction two weeks ago :) wouldn't of had it without slim and save!! Recovering and resting atm

Good to see you back :)

Nice to see you back MrsG. I just re read November before you went AWOL & I really think it was the double DD's that pushed you off track. After 5 months of seeing people try it I think that Dr J does know best when he says they can do more harm than good!!! If you really want to succeed by limiting yourself try true alternate days. I have an MFP friend thats lost over 100lbs doing just that and in just over a year..she is now 2lbs of target. She re calcultates her calories once a month on the JUDD site and never varies eith up or down day from what he calculates! She even lost 3lb over Xmas!?! She does however exercise and does not eat back calories. I'm toying with trying it myself!!

Back