SERIAL DIETERS. Why do think YOU are a serial dieter.

Cameo

Mine is quite simple. I loose a stone, then I loose incentive. I have to have some 'really serious' reason to get the weight off, like a holiday, or an illness, and then I can focus. If I dont have a reason, then I just dont seem to be abe to do it.

Hi, I'm the same, find it so much easier when there is an added incentive. This is where I find the groups invaluable for me, they keep me focused on where I want to be and keep me going. X

Mis read thread oops! I fall off wagon to easily. So going to class gives me extra accountability and motivation.

Last edited:
I agree, having an event to work up to makes it easier. I was told that unless i lost the weight (i was 19st) then I'd really struggle to have a healthy pregnancy or even fall pregnant. This was the biggest kick up the bum for me and I now have a beautiful baby girl and i'm also 5 stone lighter. It really does help :)

how wonderful, a little baby as a reward for dieting. Now THATS what I call a major incentive. Well done you.

Yes I can see that your motivation will be high if wanting IVF. I hope that all goes smoothly for you and that you too have the reward of a little baby in the future for your dieting efforts. How much have you got to loose?

No motivation iv never been thin so can't imagine what it feels like. This time though i seem to be a bit more switched on. Iv had two days of going way over my syns but instead of thinking of sod it iv ruined it now and now carrying on for the rest of the week binging. Iv picked myself out and thought no I do want this!!

I figure if I just keep going, going to group
Eventually it'll all piece together and then ill be at stage where people ask if you've lost weight and I need newre clothes that'll keep me really motivated. I also want children I'm starting a new job next week so we've put trying on hold for at least 3 months so I'm out of the probationary period so I have that in mind

Back