Serial re - starters, do you struggle?

Serial-dieter

Hi all,
I've started to do SW again, but from home as I just don't like the group dynamic. However, after many start/stops over the years, I find it very hard to lose any weight! It doesn't come off in great chunks and I need to be 100% to lose one pound.....!!

Just wondering if anyone else found this, or if my metabolism is just rubbish

Hoping this group will be my motivation

I come from a serial dieting background too :) I've tried Atkins, Dukan, WW, Low carb (but not Atkins), Pills, Soup diets, and countless others that I can't even rem the names of...

The way I look at it though, is that every plan has come with learnings.. I've learned loads about my body, what works and what doesn't and interestingly, I had the exact same opinion as you.. that unless I eat nothing, like being on shake diets, I can't lose anything..

SW though, was a massive revelation.. it just works, like magic or something and i'm eating more than I've ever eaten in my life..

For me, I don't eat Pasta or bread because I know they don't work for me, personally. I also limit fruit as it has too much sugar for me and I can't get my head around the idea that it can be all that good for you in unlimited amounts.

I still eat potatoes, which is amazing though.. because everything tells you not to eat potatoes! :) I actually like that there are rules telling you to have your HEA/B's as it gives such a great balance.. and the fact that nothing is off limits is so good for my mind.

One of the things I do is to keep my journal and then analyse it - last week my losses were lower and I went back and noticed that i'd missed my HEB for 3-4 days ...

It's the same with SP.. At the start, I tried doing SP for most of the week, but through experimentation that cutting bread out altogether had the same results.

Best of luck.. :)

Back