Serialslimmer's journey back to bohemian slenderness

No point forcing yourself to do something. You would just be setting yourself up to fail Serial.

Much better to have a bit of a change especially if boiled eggs are allowed :). Hopefully in 12 days you will be back full of enthusiasm foe Exante x

Doing well so far, BMe. Yesterday was my first full low-carb day. Boiled eggs mashed with a bit of mayo! What bliss. I can have cheese again too YAHOO. Mustn't overdo the cheese mind you. I want to get into proper ketosis and then gradually add Exante packs and reduce calories. In the meantime - eggs and cheese! LOL.

Cauliflower today. Brussels sprouts. Broccoli! xx

I'm having a good day - long may such days last. I hate my regain, still (LOL) and its ageing effects on my 'outer shell' but I know that I'm sure-footedly pursuing the right path back to peace of mind and greater fitness. Why it can take a years, not weeks or months, to seriously start the fightback, who knows? It takes as long as it takes x

Last edited:
Good luck with your new plan Serial. Sounds like you're super happy on it, so that's got to be a good start :)

It's the release from the overwhelming compulsion to eat that I love most. As low as carb intake is on a VLCD we still take in at least 60g carbs per day. For some - myself included - this can trigger cravings. When I was 'permanently' low carbing I discovered that daily carbs in excess of 40-45g usually stalled my weight loss. And rendered me liable to crave sugars and starches. The reason VLCDs usually work for me is that the low carb levels are complemented and boosted by low calorie levels. However! Slips and blips carry the added danger of triggering binges. You have to take the rough with the smooth, I guess! x

Great to hear the change is doing you good x eggs and cheese yummmmmmm

Feeling good today. Slept well last night which always helps. Still a bit tired - withdrawing frm carbs, probably. Hope everyone's having a nice Easter weekend x

Glad to hear you're in good form serial xxx hope you're having a good Easter weekend too :)

Good morning, gals! Happy Easter. When I was a wee girl in Glasgow we boiled half a dozen eggs on Easter Sunday, decorated them with water colour paints and felt tips, then went as a family to Rouken Glen Park to 'roll our eggs' downhill. Countless families did the same! Which family member, do you think, thoroughly enjoyed eating her rather bashed eggs? Yep. Me! I was the only one that still found them appealing LOL.

Gosh, that memory prompted a rush back in time. I can visualise those Easter Sundays so vividly. I can smell the grass and hear the laughter as we chased those wee eggs down the hill.

Ack now I feel sad. I might boil a couple of eggs later, and decorate them xx

Awh a lovely memory. Thanks for sharing. I was almost there with you reading that :)

Good morning, gals! Happy Easter. When I was a wee girl in Glasgow we boiled half a dozen eggs on Easter Sunday, decorated them with water colour paints and felt tips, then went as a family to Rouken Glen Park to 'roll our eggs' downhill. Countless families did the same! Which family member, do you think, thoroughly enjoyed eating her rather bashed eggs? Yep. Me! I was the only one that still found them appealing LOL. Gosh, that memory prompted a rush back in time. I can visualise those Easter Sundays so vividly. I can smell the grass and hear the laughter as we chased those wee eggs down the hill. Ack now I feel sad. I might boil a couple of eggs later, and decorate them xx

Aw lovely idea serial - how did your Easter Go? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had a nice quiet Easter. As a treat I made WW hot chocolate on Sunday night and Monday night before sleep - both with a bit of single cream. Delicious.

I'm enjoying my low-carb meals, and looking forward to going back to TS say, four days a week, and a mixture of Exante and low-carb the other three. I anticipate a gain of around eight pounds by my next WI, maybe a bit more or less, as that always happens when you stop TS and go back to regular food. The big water loss of the first week is replaced. I need to find a balance between total carbs per week, optimum nutrition and a reasonable weight loss. VLCDs often trigger binge/starve behaviour in susceptible individuals so I have to be careful.

Hope you all had a peaceful and restorative weekend x

Last edited:
Serial, you doesn't always have to happen that you have that regain after TS if you follow a re-feed programme for about 4 weeks. Lighter Life's one is pretty good. When I did that years back and successfully lost a lot over the 100 days, I followed their re-feed and my weight totally stabilised. No regain at all. Well until I started over eating again lol. It's only if you carb out of ketosis you will get such a large gain as your body excessively fills up your glycogen stores. The trick of athletes and marathon runners ;)

Thats interesting Jane. I never realised that about a re feed stage.

You may be pleasantly surprised then Serial. When are you planning next weigh in x

I know about re-feeding. Cambridge suggests moving up the Steps in measured increments. Let me say right now that if these advisory steps are followed to the letter they are very helpful but they in no way wholly prepare dieters for dealing with regular food and meals one month, three months, six months out. If they did then everyone on this site would have lost their weight after VLCD dieting and kept it off.

The carbs creep back in before you know where you are. Just a few extra here and there - nothing major. If carbs are your underlying problem this can lead to nibbling which in turn can lead to fast weight gain. After weight loss it's better to stay low GI (alas this permits too many carbs for me personally) or low carb x

Last edited:
I feel good today. Ketosis, no doubt! My cravings have calmed down and I feel cautiously optimistic about my weight loss future. When I concentrate on speed of loss alone I tend to forget that for me 60-80g carbs per day may simply be too many. So I need to tweak packs, low-carb food and calories - like I used to - to find what for me is the correct balance x

Delighted that you're feeling good serial. I'm rooting for you xx

Thanks, Green. I'll keep tinkering with my daily carbs and calories until I get the comfortable balance I had before. I know that I can only succeed by keeping carbs lower than average. Probably true of all of us! I can't afford Exante right now, anyway. Unfortunate but it forces me to deal with my food rather than escape it LOL xx

Back