Serialslimmer's journey back to bohemian slenderness

Don't worry SS, a pint of water weighs a pound, it'll be gone in no time. Have a great day x

Water weight is so cruel! At least you can see it for what it is. I see so many people really upset when they see a few pounds creep on overnight which can only be water. You're on top of this :) x

Hi Serial :) Sounds like you are doing great and finding your own way forward with weight loss. It's working for you and that's all that matters :) I am worried about you and your brussel sprout craving though ;) Ewwwww lol

How's things SS? :) x

I'm fine, girls! My son was visiting. He stayed overnight. It's so lovely to see him because it's not very often.

Diet-wise everything is going well. When I have company I seldom even think of food. Here's another good thing. Son's gf has volunteered to drive here and take me out on Thursday - first, to vote and second, to go into town for a coffee. Aarrghhh! Horrors! And I know it's a good thing. I haven't been out of my house for several years. But a big part of my recovery involves re-connecting with the Great Outdoors so this will be a boon. This wee jaunt will also help to prepare me for that 'last' visit to my GP before he leaves the Surgery for good. I'll cry, I know I will.

I haven't had time to catch-up with all the diary entries but I'll do that tomorrow. I hope everyone's doing okay. Heavy rain is battering against my roof and windows right now. My boy cat came in wet through! He's crying to go back into the kitchen because there's a wee mouse on the loose. I've shut the door tightly so neither kitty can hunt it down. Hopefully it will flee to safety xx

I've got a craving for brussels sprouts...

Yummy, I love them on their own but especially in chicken soup :D.

Sounds like a good idea to get out with your sons gf for a little while serial. A change of scenery goes a long way x

Brussels sprouts? Wow, I never thought I would hear about someone craving those. I have a token two at Christmas. My mum used to boil them until they were yellow and as a kid I had to sit at the table until I had eaten them. Yuk.

Good luck for your outing. Your are a strong woman and in control, you enjoy yourself x

Aww my cat is one for bringing home semi-live mice as presents then sneaking away with them! I wish they would just kill and eat if that's what they want to do, not torture the poor things! X

Yummy, I love them on their own but especially in chicken soup :D.

Sounds like a good idea to get out with your sons gf for a little while serial. A change of scenery goes a long way x

High Five, fellow sprout-fan! I love them. Kate Winslet lived on sprouts only for six weeks to lose lots of weight for TITANIC.

I'm craving veggies and fruit at the moment. In the past, whenever I included both in my diet - raw foods, in particular - my energy levels would soar and I'd feel buzzy and cheerful. The main problem was that all too soon I'd be craving the wrong sort of carbs! I get bored with salad in no time.

I'm taking this opportunity to go out because I simply have to. This could be the catalyst for my reintroduction to 'normal' out-of-doors life. I won't be alone. Mind you, I'm twice son's gf's size. She is a wee sylph, slender and pretty. Hopefully everyone will be looking at her, and not me... (wishful thinking LOL) xx

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY WI RESULT:

I haven't lost another ounce. To my dismay my scale recorded a profound 'Stay-The-Same'. Hmmm. How can I lose a stone by tomorrow morning? Ha Ha xx

Last edited:
STS is good because it might just be your body rebalancing and it's good because you haven't put on! I hope your outing goes well. Try to enjoy the sights and sounds instead of thinking about everyone. They are usually too wrapped up in our daily lives to see others, I miss people I know when I'm out because I'm Thinking of other stuff. I hope the weather holds for you. You go girl!

Hi Serial, rooting for you for tomorrow x

The titanic fact is great. I can't stop laughing haha.

Sure the scales will budge real soon :) xx

BACK from town! I was very nervous beforehand but I managed just fine. I voted (Labour) then she took me for coffee and we had a good natter. She wanted to buy me lunch but I wouldn't let her. Also I didn't want to eat LOL. I managed a bit of walking but quickly got tired. I felt like a massive HEFFALUMP which to be honest, right now, I am.

First time out of my house in more than three years. She's coming back at the end of the month to take me to see my GP before he leaves (sob). Smashing girl xx

Last edited:
Wow SS congratulations that's a huge achievement well done! :clap: very proud of you :)

youre smaller now than you were and that will continue just keep going. Small steps. Well done resisting lunch too. X

Yes indeed Angel. I'm glad I braved the great outdoors LOL. My back is killing me and my knees and feet think they've been kicked hard, but it was worth it. I could have gone for that lunch with enthusiasm but I thought - no. I need to keep moving forward diet-wise. It's shocking and painful to see your reflection in shop windows. Last time I saw myself I was slim. However I can only work day by day towards steady losses xx

Exactly Serial! Every day you are closer :)

Well done for braving the outdoors. I only managed to the end of the road to vote and then i got back in to bed ;) xx

It sounds like you have the perfect attitude for success SS! You go girl!

Hi everyone. I am aching all over after yesterday's exertions but content that I faced up to letting 'the world' see me as I am now. I had to sit down on a bench every so often, understandably; even so the physical effort was well worthwhile. Lots has changed in town. New bistros and cafes. Familiar shops gone. Incredibly a pub about ten minutes' walk from my house has been demolished and on the site stands... a Tesco Express! Good grief. And I had no idea. I'm very pleased because the main Tesco is in the city centre. Son's gf will be back at the end of the month to take me to see my GP, bless her xx

Back