Serialslimmer's journey back to bohemian slenderness

Even the shop made ones are nice! Been having that and chicken on low carb days :) nommers xx

Forgot to add that Atkins powder mix shakes contain 18g protein per serving. And I got the calories wrong due to misinterpreting online information! LOL. One shake made with the recommended 2 scoops of powder has 168 calories.

To recapitulate:

Atkins vanilla shake - 168 calories, 3g carbs, 18g protein

Need to have a one-scoop shake tonight! Basically I'm using up this out-of-date mix because a) I have two tubs and both were sealed and b) because I am totally skint, I need a very low carb shake and Atkins is expensive LOL xx

PS

Soon after I'd downed my first shake of the day I still felt a bit hungry. This worried me as I have a pretty strict four days ahead. However an hour later I felt fine.

I intend to make vanilla porridge with this mix. 1-2 scoops, 1 tbsp ground linseed, 1 tsp ground almonds and if required some no-cal sweetener.

I won't fib - I'm hungry. Not desperate, but I sure could eat. Looking forward to my boiled eggs and mayo xx

PS

It's four and a half hours since I last posted here.

I never seem to get the deep ketosis others achieve. Even on a no-carb regime I can only manage pale pink on ketostix LOL. Ah well, not to worry. The easing of cravings (and the foul breath!) are my markers xx

That's because ketostix are rubbish - they only check for one type of ketone when there are three. Some people never even get a pink on ketostix - but they're definitely in ketosis.

True Lily. Although I know people who turn the stick purple on VLCDs. Never managed it yet! LOL. The eggs are boiling... Yum xx

Day 2.

Atkins shake plus tablespoonful of ground linseed. Lemon and ginger tea. Vitamin and mineral supplements.

2 boiled eggs with mayo. Coffee with 1 tablespoonful single cream.

Ground almond and linseed porridge.

Later tonight: Atkins shake or boiled egg with mayo OR two veggie sausages. Peppermint tea.

Last edited:
Doing great serial xx
Even if you don't get back to TS no harm. What you're doing at the moment seems to be working very well for you. :)

I like Exante products for taste and texture (the porridge; the bars) so I'll continue to include them for one or two meals daily once my ketosis is better established. What I'm eating right now is fine in the short term but not ideal for months on end. But the lower carbs make life much easier for me xx

Raining still. Chilly, too. I'm sipping a large low-carb cocoa and it's delicious. I fancy an Exante porridge for late lunch. Will allow myself a total of 25-30g carbs today if needed (can have some veggies mmmmm) and keep my calories around 800.

I don't expect much of a loss on Wednesday as the bulk of my water weight was lost a while ago and my body is still adjusting to the lower carb levels. Even a pound down would please me xx

Always jealous of these low carb cocoas :D yummy!!! xx

Dinner was an Exante apple and cinnamon porridge with one tbsp of ground linseed and one tbsp coconut oil. Delicious.

When I low carb seriously I feel so much better. My mood improves and I feel 'brighter' in general.

Boiled eggs with mayo later for supper. Vitamin and mineral supplements as usual!

Atkins shake if hungry at bedtime.

Tea, coffee, peppermint tea, lemon and ginger tea and water throughout the day as required xx

Dinner was an Exante apple and cinnamon porridge with one tbsp of ground linseed and one tbsp coconut oil. Delicious. When I low carb seriously I feel so much better. My mood improves and I feel 'brighter' in general. Boiled eggs with mayo later for supper. Vitamin and mineral supplements as usual! Atkins shake if hungry at bedtime. Tea, coffee, peppermint tea, lemon and ginger tea and water throughout the day as required xx

I know I've been low recently, but I feel the same with low carb when I'm not being too crazy on the calorie restriction. There's no sugar crashes or dips throughout the day so you can maintain a consistent mood I think :) no massive heavy meals to make you sluggish either.

I'm craving egg mayo after reading this ... Thank god I opted for a food day after all :D x

That's the thing - with much fewer carbs you can eat more calories and still lose weight. AND get into ketosis! Sure it takes a lot of self-discipline but when you can eat yummy, nutritious stuff and not feel ravenous you have a much improved chance of sticking to your diet and shifting large amounts of weight. I did. Couldn't have done it, otherwise xx

Atkins shakes are expensive...check out protein shakes online or in a health food shop. They tend to be lower in fat than Atkins but if you want to rectify that there's loads of good stuff to add - peanut butter, cream, coconut oil, flax seed, avocado, full fat greek yoghurt etc. in the blender.

I use my protein shakes.

Back