Serious Body/Weight Loss Question/Help

laurawalker85

Hi guys,

This is my 3rd week on SF and this morning I had my official weigh in. I lost 1lb. Now this is not great as some of you may know who have followed my previous thread I put on a 1lb last weigh in while sticking to the SF diet strictly. I kept to it this week also hoping to have lost a bit more and no, all I lost was the pound I put on?! This surely cant be right, 5lbs in 3 weeks?!!!!!
Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone give me any advice? Have I messed my body up doing so many diets?! I do around 20-30mins exercise almost every evening, drink 2litres of water a day and am really good on the diet. I am also not due totm until next week.
Please help, I am so disappointed, have even booked a GP appointment for Thursday morning. :(

Hi Laura, i am having exactly the same issue.

I go to the gym every day for 90 mins and maintained week 2 and i reckon will maintain again this week so i spk to my trainer and it turns out i am ndereating by a lot and my body has gone into starvation mode so its holding onto everything. He has told me to continue with the plan but add a bit more food ( a turkey, salad sandwich on brown at lunchtime with my shake) and a bit more fruit and then i should see some movement....i know how frustrated you are hon!! x

OK, I can kind of understand that, BUT my question is how does SF work for most others then and dont have this problem?

because the plan isnt designed for people who do more than 30 mins 'moderate exercise' ( like walking) 3 times a week on the SF website it says if you exercise more than this you may need to increase your snack allowance. x

Right, I see!! Can you tell me where it says that on the website so I can have a read up on it please?
My friend actually said to do a little test and to lay off the exercise for a couple of days and weigh myself then and see if there is a difference. Will go from that. If not I'm going to have to consider changing my diet... AGAIN!!!

this is the link for the FAQ:

Diet Program Information | Slim Fast

your friend is right about the exercise! my trainer told me a week off can be better than any diet if you train every day at the mo, but he said this will only really work if you have been training for about a month so far....
I refuse to hange my diet again so i have decided to increase food and just have 1 shake, so i will be having a cereal brekkie before the gym, shake straight after ( as trainer said its great for refuelling the body with the vits & minerals you lose in training), low cal lunch (i.e tuna salad, sandwich, soup) some fruit mid afternoon and then a normal low cal meal in the evening - then if i get munchies later either more fruit or maybe a pack of wotsits/quavers. ( about 1600-1700 cals total)

I think if i do this i wont be dependant on the shakes, and 'scared' to eat real food off the plan. Im undereating by around 500 cals A DAY, thats 3500 a week which means my body is clinging on to everything!!!

i really hope this is helping hon, i know what its like, i have been so bloody depressed the last 2 weeks and slogging my guts out at the gym for a maintain! now it all makes sense!!! xxx

Wow! That really is good info. Thanks so much. When is your weigh in from doing this change of plan and eating more cals? Am intrigued as I'm sure you will be to see the results.
OK so, at the moment i've been having around 945- and no more than 1100 cals a day, so if I up this to 1200-1300cals a day, would this be sufficient? Should I change my exercise to every other night or keep to the same?

on the plan you should be having around 1400 cals anyway, even if you wernt exercising.

2 x shakes - 230 each
3 x snacks - 100 each
1 x meal 600 cals
total 1360

So you are undereating by LOADS!!!! get stuffing lady!!!

Personally i would keep exercising and increase your cals, you should eat 6 times a day ( little and often) so 2 shakes, 3 snacks and your 'normal meal' i reckon if you do that you will see a change, if you start to plateau after a few weeks then increase your cals again by about 100.

This is my first week of 'change' i have my WI on Wed and im thinking it might be to little to late for this weeks WI but im hoping to see a change nnext week, but i will let you know how i get on on Wed morning.

Our stats are almost the same and it looks like we are making the same mistakes!!!!!!( and im a southerner !)your not my long lost twin are you ?? lol x

Ha! Can you imagine?!! :)

Very weird our stats are the same and are finding the same problem. OK so I'm going to start eating more and hope that this won't affect me with putting weight on, as I know my body and I will end up putting it all on! For some reason every diet I have been on I only get to a certain weight and I am not going to let it happen this time! Lol.

OK so this week, more cals it is. Fingers crossed. Good Luck for Wednesday! xx

By the way, thanks so much for your help, you really have brightened up my day and don't feel like I'm a failure anymore!

awwwww no probs hon!!!! xxxxxx

laurawalker85 said:
Ha! Can you imagine?!! :)

Very weird our stats are the same and are finding the same problem. OK so I'm going to start eating more and hope that this won't affect me with putting weight on, as I know my body and I will end up putting it all on! For some reason every diet I have been on I only get to a certain weight and I am not going to let it happen this time! Lol.

OK so this week, more cals it is. Fingers crossed. Good Luck for Wednesday! xx

By the way, thanks so much for your help, you really have brightened up my day and don't feel like I'm a failure anymore!

Laura noone is a failure u are doing so well keep it up xx

Ah thank you, thats very sweet of you. So far I have worked out I will have 1,194 cals total today and I already feel like I have had too much!! I really hope I dont put weight on.
By the way, I researched symptoms of an underactive thyroid, and I have 3 out of the 5!! So I am going to get tested and that might explain why losing weight is so difficult and so slow!! Anyone else have this problem?

laurawalker85 said:
Ah thank you, thats very sweet of you. So far I have worked out I will have 1,194 cals total today and I already feel like I have had too much!! I really hope I dont put weight on.
By the way, I researched symptoms of an underactive thyroid, and I have 3 out of the 5!! So I am going to get tested and that might explain why losing weight is so difficult and so slow!! Anyone else have this problem?

I have 1200 a day and I'm losing steadily dont worry x

Hi hun! Same boat last week! I starred this diet 4 weeks ago. Jan 3 I have lost 16 pounds! I lost 10 in the first week and nothing in 3 weeks. I was so fed up and didn't understand!! So my friend told me its cuz my body is getting used to it. You need to" shock" ur body into something different. He recommended I gained my calorie in take and I freaked out!! Im like no way!! And I didn't. I do 2 skakes (190 calories a piece) and 2 special k bars a day (90) and a very well balanced healthy 500 calorie dinner. If the dinner is 1000 calories I do half a portion. And I exercise every day on my bike for a half hour to an hour. If I go a half hour I burn 500 calories... THAT'S MY DINNER! !!! If I go an hour that's my HOLE DAY INTAKE!!!
So to fix my problem I work out for a hour... 6 pounds flew off me this week and im still going! So if u burn off ur daily intake every day seems u will loose weight.
I hope you do! And hope this works as well. Every one hits a platue and u have to change what you are doing in my opinion. Good luck! Here is me at the beggining of my diet and now...

Attachments

• family.jpg
    family.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 49
  • l_cd9b4da45a5781008c03ac8d7c428a99.jpg
    l_cd9b4da45a5781008c03ac8d7c428a99.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 45
If you burn off your daily intake everyday then eventually your body WILL go into starvation mode.......your body needs calories just to function...im not saying it doesnt work as it obviously does in your case Mandy but for the majority of people it doesnt......any plan, any diet, if you dont eat enough to even survive then your body clings on to everything.

Morning,
Well I have upped my calorie intake and wow I didnt realise how much food I wasnt having!! So again hopefully this will work out for me and will tie in with my exercise better.

One thing for Mandy, you said you have shakes at 190cals each? I thought SF shakes were either 230 or 220cals at the least?! Are you having different shakes?

By the way, you have done very well, you look great! Hopefully that will be me one day! Lol.

Where r u from? My shakes r 190 but the powder kind are 230..
I hear some ppl say their shakes are 180-300 a piece. Im like wth???? I dunno. Id take a pox of the can kind but im on the powder stuff now..
Thank you for the compliant! Im sure whatever your goal is you will make it as well!!

Am from West London. The ready made SF shakes are 220cals and the powder ones to make your own are 230cals. Where are you from? I want the low cal shakes!!! Lol

Back