Serious help needed.......

dreamslim

Silver Member
I've been on slimming world since April and lost 15lbs, I went off track a bit but managed to keep my gain to only 4.5lbs over august. I weighed this week hand have put on yet another 3.5lb!!!!! I did a 10k race yesterday so I'm hoping a lot of it is water retention but I seriously need some help to get me motivated again, the plus side is I don't FEEL like I've put on that much (which is why I think it's water) but it makes me feel like packing it all in and stuffing my face. Truth is my diet hasn't been brilliant this week but I wad enough for a sts but i seem to have lost the energy I had when I first started sw and really need to get that back coz when I'm on plan I can lose 3lbs a week so I know the plan works - I want my mojo.
Sorry for the rant but if any can help at all I will be eternally grateful for the support to keep me in track this week.
Thanks
Xx

but it makes me feel like packing it all in and stuffing my face. Truth is my diet hasn't been brilliant this week

Go ahead.... pack it in....stuff your face and see how much better you feel next week with another 3 1/2lb gain!!

I know its easy to get demotivated but you will regret it BIG TIME if you go off track! Stick with it cos you know it works! :)

Last edited:
Well done on your 10K absolutely amazing. My sister is a runner and I think as a person who is interested in exercise, you begin to feel that you are invincible. My sister is very slim, but she watches very carefully what she eats. I dont think it ever comes easy to stick to a diet, but you are doing brilliantly and you must feel extremely well after all the running you are doing!!! Not many people can say that, be easy on yourself, you are amazing

Thank you Annamay and vanilla cupcake. I know you're both right and I wouldn't feel right stuffing my face but my brain is my enemy sometimes. Lol.
Annamay I do love running - although that is the furthest I've ever done - but not so much today coz I can barely walk. Haha.
I need to get back on the horse but have lost my spark and my motivation big time. Have bought a mag and a book though so fingers crossed........

What do you think made you go off track in August? Maybe if you can work out how you lost your mojo you can get it back. Im recently back 100% after being awol for a few weeks. To be fair i have a holiday in five weeks so this is my motivation! I know im bad for expecting too much which sends me awol of i dont achieve it.

Hiya

I'm new to the site but have been doing SW for a few years on and off. If you're struggling a bit, have you tried Success Express? I'm doing it now to kick start my weight loss (again, haha)

It's just having 1/4 of your plate filled with free foods and 3/4 of your plate with super free foods. It can really make a difference!

Hope it helps!

Congratulations on the race!!!!

I find when my motivation drops that I need to go back to basics & have a read through my book & maybe find a new recipe to try or switch my healthy extras about a bit...maybe even find something new & naughty to spend my syns on :)

Now that the weather has got a bit colder I find myself craving comfort food so I made a huge big pot of soup today & had a huge big bowl for lunch!!! Thankfully I left some for tomorrow too but it was just the medicine for me & cured any cravings while getting in lots of superfree :D

Take a big deep breath and congratulate yourself on your 10 k run

I am a runner too and after hard runs I can 'suddenly' gain weight. But if i stay on plan and really hydrate well the mystery gain disappears. If i feel sorry for myself and throw in the towel suddenly that weight sticks around.

Keep up the exercise, follow food optomising and drink plenty of water you will lose weight

Thank you everyone for advise. I dont really know why I lost my mojo, one reason is a kids camp I was a leader for, I wanted to do well on it but couldnt food optimize at all so put in, then I came back and had 2 weeks before I went on hols so think I had a 'not much point till after hols' attitude and also have a new bloke and we were eating out a lot which was actually fine with food optimising but now we're eating in at his and he doesn't like the idea of food optimising so doesn't go along with it (I'm moving soon so he will be spending more time at mine so then he'll be food optimising whether he likes it or not. Haha).
To be honest, it's all excuses. I've written a menu for this week and done my shopping and made my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow so fingers crossed back on track. :)

Back