Seriously bad tempered!!!

Lilleece79

:mad:
Right, so my OH had today off work so I asked him to follow one of the receipes in my book for tea tonight. Turkey mince meatballs and herby pasta with a tomato sauce. He followed it to the letter (that's his way) and it was absolutely friggin disgusting! These receipe are a real hit or miss I find!!

So anyway I had planned for a syn-free tea and had 1/2 a wispa and it turns out i can't bloody eat it so I have to end up having toast and butter with beans cos I totally didn't feel like cooking tea from scratch agan. I've gone over my syn allowance slightly and weigh in is wed. Confident I've not lost anything this week as I don't feel like I'm on a diet and I don't cope well on an empty stomach. So I am in a seriously bad mood and I'm getting a headache...........I'm hungry but if I have to face another bit of fruit today I am so gonna scream!!! :d'oh:

Rant over!

Always worth having a baking potato kicking around! Jacket potato and beans could have worked. Was it regular bread or Nimble/Weightwatchers? Could you count the bread as your HexB?

It was just NOT tasty! Even the OH spat it out and he eats anything. Was tasteless and I found the herbs in the pasta gave it a real minty flavour; not my cup of tea.

This is not the first time this has happen. The SW tikka curry was awful as was the chocolate cheesecake and the chocolate mousse! Granted I am fussy, but if the OH won't eat it it's gotta be bad.

I have made some delicious chilli con carne, bolognese,spicy meatballs and chilli beef. It's a real hit or miss. Basically I find tweaking already known meals is sometime better than making the stuff outta the receipe books............who know I may find more scrumptious meals yet but all the wasted food is costing a fortune!

Another rant.........sorry, told you I was in a grump!!

Always worth having a baking potato kicking around! Jacket potato and beans could have worked. Was it regular bread or Nimble/Weightwatchers? Could you count the bread as your HexB?

I do have tatties but by that point I couldn't be bothered waiting. It was nimble wholemeal but I'd already used my HEb on weetabix in the morning. I'm just in a foul mood and over-reacting!

Any chance your day could turn red or green to give you some extra hex's?! Sorry things haven't worked out for you today, but don't write yourself off - being slightly over your syn allowance shouldn't mean a gain so hang in there!

Right, firstly - stop beating yourself up. Its done now.

Secondly - theres no rule that says you have to make SW recipes. Like you said, you can tweak recipes you enjoy to make them fit the plan. There is no harm in being experimental but if you cant afford to waste food then its better to stick to stuff you know works and you enjoy.

There are some really good SW recipes in the books, and you may have just been unlucky in your choices - but dont let it get you down. If you cant face any more fruit today, no big deal, have some free food? Cook yourself a chicken breast, throw a bakey in the oven now, scramble some eggs? Dont go hungry. You certainly havent blown it this week.
What have you used your other syns for the day on? I cant imagine the syns in nimble bread* are massive, and you can have up to 15?

*ah the butter... of course...

Last edited:
A good tip from here that I use all the time is spread your toast with a laughing cow light (5 for hex) - really helps and so much that I haven't bought butter in over 4 months :)

Syns today 17. Should have been 9! Just annoyed cos I did so well having 1/2 a wispa and not scoffing the lot, only for it to go off track last thing.

I'm getting sleepy now so my grump is subsiding.......*yawn*

You did, and you should be proud of that fact. If that were me, I would have had the other half in a big strop because I had "blown it anyway". Good for you for keeping your resolve. 2 syns over isnt going to ruin your week - just have 2 less tomorrow!

you'll know now for next time that when you cook something you know you like, make 2 extra portions and freeze 2 of them for emergencies such as this... :)

Good tip! I need to make enuff for 6 peeps cos I always take left-overs for lunch.

Madame: That's what I will do. Keep forgetting it's 2 days till WI! Doh!

:) dont feel too bad tomorrow is a new day..just have less syns tomorrow if u want to make up for it..u only went 2 over anyway so im sure it'll be fine ;)

Syns today 17. Should have been 9! Just annoyed cos I did so well having 1/2 a wispa and not scoffing the lot, only for it to go off track last thing.

I'm getting sleepy now so my grump is subsiding.......*yawn*

Hey you know what? You did do a good job doing that, syns are only a smidge over so that's fine too. It is annoying when your tea goes wrong - I know it happened to me one day and I was a grump too ;). Just start tomorrow afresh and pat yourself on the back for only having half that Wispa, becasue that's still an acheivement. :)

Well done for not succumbing! Hopefully today is a better day for you!

hi, well done for only having 1/2 wispa(not sure i could have done that), also for still tracking, you can always pull ack some syns today.:D

Back