Seriously best SW mini pancakes EVER!!! 0 syns + 1 HEXb!!

judywoody

I know there are lots of SW pancakes recipes out there..but I found them quite eggy or not very satisfying..No I have my new breakfast. I add light sugar rather than only sweeteners..which adds 1.5 syns. But you can just use sweeteners if you like..I also use oat meal..never thought of using my hex b as a flour substitute in pancakes :)

You need:

1/2 tub quark
2 eggs (or 3 if you want the batter to go a long way..)
2 tbsp sweeteners (or 1 tbsp light sugar from silver spoon mixed with 1 tbsp sweetener)
28 g instant oat meal (hex b)
fry light (butter-version)
a GOOD pan if you don't want any grieve (should be in every household anyway if you like eating healthily..)

Just mix everything and put a dolop of mix in the hot pan (I just make little round ones..if you make one big one it will be quite thick..better to do it american style and make mini ones..also looks like you've got more :)).
Turn temperature down a bit and wait until they are golden brown on one side and then turn. They are kind of softish in the middle..but firm on the whole.

Tastes like cheesecake version of a pancake..very nice! I spread them with st. dalfours cherry jam (0.5 syns per teaspoon)..delicious!!

ooh yum! although if its used as a flour substitute im not sure if its free? im sure someone will correct me! xxx

Not in this case - it's a hex b. It's like porridge..whether you use it in a pancake or boil it with milk doesn't make a difference. It would be different if you used free food (like couscous in green days) as flour substitute.

see, i told you someone would correct me ;) lol xxx

Ready brek is the same as instant oat meal:)

Didn't realize u have a similar one..what's yours like?do u have a link?

mmhhh...yum yum..will have a closer look at your blog :)

Oh my goodness! These sound AMAZING!!!! I am going to try them tomorrow morning!
Can't wait :D x

They sound lovely x

Wow - I just added 1 scan bran to the oat meal that I can have with my hex b (made it mushy with a bit of hot water) and chucked the mix into my waffle maker!!! Unbevelievably nice!!! So you can make waffles with it as well!!

Back