Seriously considering lipotrim

Let me start by saying Hi :D, sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place :(

i have been reading this forum for just over a week now, some of the story's of success amaze me and got my mind thinking, its about time i started my diet properly,
i wont send you to sleep with my life story :) but i have been on a diet for about a year now, its not a very good diet as i eat less then a 1000 cals a day (and silly i no but i take senekot aswell - when i was growing up my old dear took this as she had a eating disorder and sadly it rubbed off on me, i could never tell her this as i no she would blame herself)

i found @ the start i lost a good amount of weight, maybe 2/3 stone, now i near on starve myself for hardly any weight loss,

i no now where i went wrong (missed breakfast etc)

sorry to drag on :) but i joined to clear up a few questions over lipotrim

1) can a doctor put you on this diet (i see it mentioned it can be done on the NHS)

2) is the lipotrim diet any better then say drinking 3 glasses of slimfast a day

the above questions is the main one that confuses me, is lipotrim any different from the slimfast drink

thanks for any help, Dan :D

Last edited:
Hey Dan.
Restricting yourself to 1000 calories a day, just makes the body change its metabolic rate. (Some people here call it going into starvation mode). This is probably why you're no longer losing weight. Lipotrim users lose weight by being in a state of ketosis, similar to the Atkins diet or any other high protein, low carb diet. (Ketosis is generally achieved by eating less than 20grams of carbohydrate a day.)

The 1000 calories a day you are eating, are being made up by foods that YOU choose, and so chances are that they are not nutritionally complete, the way the Lipotrim program is. And you probably have too many carbs to enter ketosis.

To answer your questions.
1) Yes, a doctor can prescribe this diet. But they generally won't unless you are clinically obese and have a BMI over 30.

2) Yes, it is different to Slimfast because Slimfast is not nutritionally complete. If you look at the ingrediants of the slimfast shake, and compare it to the Lipotrim, you will see that SF is higher in carbs, and doesn't contain the same amount of vitamins and minerals. Of all the slimfast products, their soups are actually the most similar to the Lipotrim shakes, but still, they are not quite the same.

Cheers for the help m8, i am 99% sure my BMI will be over 30 as i am only 5ft10 yet close to 19 stone, i can atleast try i geuss, all that worry's me is standing in a chemist with others looking @ me (fingers crossed i can find one with a private area), cheers for the help me rep left

I think youd better read this..... this was posted on the VLCD section of minimins

Hello LoobyLou I really advise against it slimfast alone does not contain enough vitimins or minerals to sustain your body. I tried this when I was 16 in a silly attempt to lose weight I went from a size 16 to a 12 in a couple of months but I looked awful and started to be really ill. My mom sent me packing to the doctor when the head called home regarding me being behind with work and constantly falling asleep in class. I had zero energy. I ended up with a panemic anemia latin for death anemia its caused by a lack of the vitamin b12 in the body yes I panicked to when the doctor told me but its called that because in the old days before they knew how to treat it they literally sent patients home to die. Luckily they can now treat it but if left untreated for a long time it can cause organ failure a coma and eventually death. So I had to take these huge pills daily and once a week go into the doctors for a huge injection straight into the muscles that really really hurt and I'm a person who doesn't even mind needles but I'd never want them again they made you ill for 24hrs after. The docotor did a test to see if it was permant or if by getting my B12 level normal it would go away otherwise I'd be on the pills and injections for life thankfully it wasn't the permant kind I had. Eventually I got better but my silly act of living off slimfast and nothing else could have done seriouse damage. So please follow the proper plan if our going to do slimfast your body needs all it's vitamins and minerals to function properly. and afterall losing weight should makes us healthier not ill. Lots of love Emma xxx

Cheers for the reply m8, may visit the gp and see what they think, but i am 99% sure i have a bmw over 30 as i am only 5ft10 and nearly 19 stone, all i hope is they have a private area in the chemist as the horror story's about it being done in front of other's etc really put me off, and thanks for the advice about the slimfast, rep left ;)

thanks for that harriet, that + the advice above was more then enough to change my mind, lipotrim is the next step for me, will update when i start it etc, thanks, rep left

you are very welcome and i have to say its been ok really, few headaches etc but im sure itll fall off once you get going :)

good luck

geuss i am sort of used it starving myself lol, so hopefully this will be a little better, and obviously the fact i will stop taking senekot etc can only help my system :)

this is a brilliant diet but be warned its very very hard the 1st week is the toughest if you decide to go ahead and join us on this journey the best advice i can offer is take it 1 day at a time if things start to feel a bit rough/get you down come on hear and vent your spleen the site is brilliant for that kind of thing

all the best

geuss i am sort of used it starving myself lol, so hopefully this will be a little better, and obviously the fact i will stop taking senekot etc can only help my system :)

If you are using senokot in the way it should be used, for constipation, then fair enough, but dont take it to aid weight loss.
Lipotrim can cause a side effect of constipation in some people and I for one did suffer quite bad from it in the first 3 weeks, so I did use senokot, but only twice a week and only 1 tablet.
Since week 4 I have been having a flapjack as part of my shakes, and I find I dont need senokot now. The flapjacks come in peanut and coconut flavours and I have one of them every day.

Good luck with lipotrim, all you have to do now is find your nearest pharmacy phone them up and get that appointment booked. Good luck hun.

Mine don't do my blood pressure. Wish they had, I would have been interested to see how it improved.

Dan good luck for Monday. Have to say this diet is one of the best things I've done. It has its tough moments (especially the first week) but if you stick with it then its more than worth it.

Hi
Welcome and good luck. This a top way of getting rid of the weight. I have foudn it so much easier and all options are taken away! There is no counting, no can I can't I have a little more and most surprisingly, after day 3 I have not felt hungry! 2 stone in 1 month so far!

Hey Dan.
Restricting yourself to 1000 calories a day, just makes the body change its metabolic rate. (Some people here call it going into starvation mode). This is probably why you're no longer losing weight. Lipotrim users lose weight by being in a state of ketosis, similar to the Atkins diet or any other high protein, low carb diet. (Ketosis is generally achieved by eating less than 20grams of carbohydrate a day.)

The 1000 calories a day you are eating, are being made up by foods that YOU choose, and so chances are that they are not nutritionally complete, the way the Lipotrim program is. And you probably have too many carbs to enter ketosis.

To answer your questions.
1) Yes, a doctor can prescribe this diet. But they generally won't unless you are clinically obese and have a BMI over 30.

2) Yes, it is different to Slimfast because Slimfast is not nutritionally complete. If you look at the ingrediants of the slimfast shake, and compare it to the Lipotrim, you will see that SF is higher in carbs, and doesn't contain the same amount of vitamins and minerals. Of all the slimfast products, their soups are actually the most similar to the Lipotrim shakes, but still, they are not quite the same.

Hehe its me that says starvation mode :) lol!!

Good luck dan, It will be hard the first week but it will be much healthier than what your doing now.. I didnt this too taking ducolease etc etc and yeah you lose a bit of weight but then your body holds on to everything you've got..

Good luck and keep us posted about how you get on :)

Back