Seriously ill 3 am this morning !!!!!!

monique's memoirs

MORNING EVERYONE! :cry:ive taken dulcolax twice the first time i had two and suffered real bad belly ache so yesterday i only took one about 5.30 pm this morning at about 3 am ish i was so ill i had stomach cramps which reduced me to tears the pain was that bad i actually threw up at one point i had a sweat going on and could not stop shaking, i can remember climbing into my bath so i could lie down and hoping the coldness of the bath would cool me down i must have been in that bathroom for about 1 hour and half the pain must have subsided cause whilst lying in the bath i drifted off waking at 5.10am completely naked and stone cold yet i dont remember taking me p'js off i climbed back into bed feeling quite sore in all areas and then woke up when the alarm went off at 7 am i feel perfectly fine now like as if that didnt happen at all but i can honestly say i will never be having dulcolax ever again its scared the hell out of me the fluids i must have lost does not bear thinking about just thought i would let ppl know:(

My god poor you, its horrible to feel like that at the best of times, i hope you feel better now, try to drink plenty to replace any lost fluids and make sure everyone gives you lots of TLC. I havn't needed to try anything yet, so thanks for the advice:hug99:

gosh that sounds terrible... i have never had ducolax and dont intend to now either!
Drink a small lake today and take it easy xxx

Oh Monique, hope you are feeling better
i suffered last night so can relate.......i hope it doesnt affect your day
take it easy :)

They don't work on me at all! I tried them after senokot proved useless, and took two the first time- but NOTHING. So I took two more a few days later and while I 'went' the next evening, it was 'normal', not a lot, or diarrhoea? (sorry if tmi!)

thanks everyone i think ill just stay away from dulcolax lol i was not myself taking laxitives should not make you vomit with pain dizzy give you the shakes and cold sweat so these ones are not for me lmao but i will try another one if any of you know a good one apart from these i would really be grateful xxx

Maybe you were unlucky enough to catch a bug thats going around the same time as using the dulcolax......??? I bought some but have been lucky enough not to need them, so far. Hope you feel back to normal very soon.

sorry you were ill monique you could have had an allergic reactions to them. here is a virtual hug x

Sorry to hear you were unwell. I had exactly the same reaction to Dulcolax, thought I was dying. It happened on both occassions so def. know it was that. I just have the fibreclear now and fingers crossed no probs.

glycerin suppositris are great for an instant relief

Back