Setting a goal weight &

mwnci

Hiya
I'm a bit confused atm - I've been doing Cambridge Diet since January and have lost 9 stone stone so far - I'm starting to near my original goal weight but part of my brain is telling me to keep going (although I've discussed it with my CDC and she still thinks my original goal is most sensible!) It's just it'll put me at the top end of my weight range and I'm worried I'll still be 'fat'.
Has anyone else had this dilemma?

I'm also struggling a bit to see that I have lost weight - logically I know I have - my clothes are now a lot smaller and other people generally point it out but part of me thinks it's a bit of a fluke.
It's partly because I'm wearing size 14 clothes atm (well apart from the size 16 shirts that still wont do up around my boobs!) but I'm still really heavy (probably where a lot of people start their diets) so generally I'm a bit confused!

Hi,

congratulations on your amazing weight loss so far. 9 stones wow.

I know what you mean about being too heavy for your clothes size. I am still 15 stones and wearing mostly size 16's now. We are all different. My original weight loss goal means I have around 4stones left to lose, but I will probably stop when I am comfortably in a size 12, whatver BMI that is.

I think you can only take BMI as an indicator of healthy weight as we all carry our weight differently. If you are a size 14 then you certainly aren't obese as your current BMi would suggest.

Perhaps you should keep going until you approach your original goal and then reassess it.

My advice would be dont get too hung up on the numbers - go by how you look and feel.

Congratulations again on your success so far.

Hiya
I'm a bit confused atm - I've been doing Cambridge Diet since January and have lost 9 stone stone so far - I'm starting to near my original goal weight but part of my brain is telling me to keep going (although I've discussed it with my CDC and she still thinks my original goal is most sensible!) It's just it'll put me at the top end of my weight range and I'm worried I'll still be 'fat'.
Has anyone else had this dilemma?

I'm also struggling a bit to see that I have lost weight - logically I know I have - my clothes are now a lot smaller and other people generally point it out but part of me thinks it's a bit of a fluke.
It's partly because I'm wearing size 14 clothes atm (well apart from the size 16 shirts that still wont do up around my boobs!) but I'm still really heavy (probably where a lot of people start their diets) so generally I'm a bit confused!

Wow, what an amazing weight loss - well done, that's a great achievement :party0011:

I think BMI is quite a crude measure and you should go by how you feel about your size. I know I have a small frame (somewhere under the layers of fat :sigh:) so need to be at the low end on BMI to be the right weight.

Good luck - see how you feel when you hit your current target and then decide how much more you would like to lose. You've done brilliantly so far :)

I have decided to start maintaining, even though I am tecnhnically still around 10lbs overweight according to BMI. I feel great and look well, and I love being a size 14. I think it has to be up to the individual. I dont feel "fat" anymore, so I have decided to stick with my present weight. It may go down a little more with gym work, but I have no intention of deliberately losing anymore weight. I say that you celebrate the fact you have achieved your first goal and see what you want to do then. Well done on ur amazing loss, u have done brill girl!:D

So glad someone has brought this up, becuase I too have struggled with this question. I dont know if its a by product of VLCD's but I know I am smaller size wise than I ever was at this weight in the past. I am a completely different shape, and at 13 stone I am in a size 14 with a BMI of 28 I should be a 16 at least as I was in the past. I think I have lost weight in the areas that were very resistant to weight loss in the past , hips thighs tum and bottom, but my arms are still big amd i have a midriff and bust problem , just the opposite to how I used to lose weight on conventional diets.
I too have difficulty seeing myself as slim , and am very shocked when people say things like you look like a size 12 and you have lost enough , dont lose much more etc because I still see the fat me in the mirror its all very odd.
WHAT WORRIES ME IS WILL I BE ABLE TO ACCEPT WHEN I HAVE LOST ENOUGH , HOW WILL I KNOW?
I cant believe I have written that sentence , because less than six months ago ,I never ever thought I would be slim again in my life.
Talk about body dysmorphia!

Back