• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Setting my target

First post on these forums, so hi! :)

I've been on slimming world with my fiancée since February and we've both lost nearly 3 stone now!

I've not had as much to lose as her, so im wondering at what weight to set my target at. A BMI in the "normal range" puts my target about 11 stone, but I think that's too low. Should I just keep losing till im happy or set a target now?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
id just stop when your hapy with yourself. weight is just numbers and a guide. aslong as you like what you see in the mirror and feel fab about yourself what your weight is wont matter!

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Hello Kayvee and welcome, well done on your loss so far.

I think you should stop when you feel happy with your weight and body, you have done amazingly well so you should feel very proud of yourself, good luck to you.

I had this same problem only a weeks back.

I think start witha rough guide and when your closer, feel it out then.

Iv now lost 4 stone 4.5 pounds, and i was originally aiming for 5 stone.

right now im 10 stone 4, but on that little chart above id have to be about 8 stone 10 to be'ok' and not 'overweight' yet im a 10-12 in size now?

crazyness. Iv decided to call target at 4 and half, but i think you dont know untill u get a little closer to were u wanna be, and if your already happy then stop.. you dont wanna have the oposite problem and feel to small! lol

xx

Ummm...interested to follow this thread, I started off at 15st 8lb 7 months ago and have also lost 3st. I'm just starting to think of a goal weight.

I'm 47 though and while in my 20's my goal weight was around 10st, I think I'd look like a popped ballon now if I managed anywhere near that!

So I've decided to keep eating as I am and let my body tell me when it's ready to settle at a weight! - I'm thinking around 11.5 would be great for me though (we're the same height btw).

Best of luck, and well done!!

squiddie

Starting Again!
Of course the chart and BMI are only guides, they dont take into account body size or build or amount of muscle etc. Just a rough guide, as long as you are comfortable in your own skin that is all that matters :)