setting your target ?

Wee Doll

Silver Member
what makes us decide we want to be a certain weight ?

I have set mine to 9st at last weigh in i was 10st 7.5 but when i think back to being 9 stone i dont think it made me feel that skinny

now my friends think i will look to skinny at that weight. im only 5ft 4 so i think i would be fine at that weight ... id really like to review my target to 8st7lbs once i get to 9 ..... who knows maybe i wont even get to 9 before i decide to stop :S

what bout you ?

Wee Doll - you are already in the healthy BMI range so well done on that :)

In answer to your question - I don't know. Just take it as it comes and see how you feel. It will also depend on how toned you are. Someone could be really toned at 9 stone, or they could be a squidgy 8.5 stone. I would concentrate less on the numbers and more on how you look and feel.

Ideally i would like to be around 9 1/2 but only been able to maintain 10 stone 2 so im going for that i comfortably fit into a size 10 then but my bmi is just over 25! Having spoke to Doctor etc when going before she recommended i didnt go much less than 10 stone 2 as it was a realistic weight for me to maintain! So guess ill get to 10.2 then decide from there!!

I would looooooove to be 10 stone (im 5'10) so this would be the thinnest I could be healthily.....but I've set my target at 10 stone 7 as this may be a bit more achieveable after 2 kids :)

This is a hard one. I am in same dilema. Have set my target at 9st. That means that I have 13lb to lose.

However after having my second child I previously got down 9st3lb. I did feel great but always felt I would look/feel better losing another half a stone. I pushed myself too hard to lose it and went completely off the wagon and ended up this year at 11st 7lb.

This time I want to keep it up for good! i know it is no good yo yo dieting. I am setting target but I will not go below 9st as I am pretty sure it is not easily maintainable for me. infact have told friends if I start to talk about getting lower punch me lol!

It is hard and everyone is so different. I still have that stubborn 13lb to lose yet but my main worry is keeping it off when i get there. I will be sticking with slimming world thats for sure.

Good luck! :rainbow: x

Hi weedoll, I am also aiming for 9st.

The last time I can remember being 9st was at the 3rd year ball at uni (8 years ago-ish :eek: ) and I remember not feeling especially thin then (in fact I went on a crash diet of less than 100kcal a day to loose 6Ib to get to 9st) but what I also remember is that i was wearing a size 10 :eek: and i thought I was fat :confused: What was I thinking :confused::confused:

I guess you'll know when you get there... aim for 9st then see how you feel. If you feel you have a few Ibs more you can loose, then do it. If you are happy. Stop. :)

I haven't set a target, because I don't want to be a certain weight, I want to be in a size 12, so I've been setting intrim targets until I get into those 12's.

I set mine to where I was when I moved in with my OH, 4 years ago. I was a size 8-10 and had been all of my adult life really - it was only moving in with the mister and suddenly beginning to eat 'mister' sized portions, rather than 'Pogle' sized portions, drinking wine with meals most nights, and gaining his cheese addiction to boot, that I slowly started to creep up in weight/dress sizes :sigh:

I have kept my favourite jeans from back then all this time (just couldn't bear to throw them away lol), so am aiming to get back into them. If I manage that before I hit target, I'll probably stop there. I just hope that by the time I get there, my body will have readjusted so much that it will remember how to maintain that weight again!

I started off with a 'normal' BMI target but have now adjusted that to an 'overweight' BMI target.

I am already a size 14/16 and so with another stone or so I will be able to comfortably fit in 12/14 which I think is what will suit me most.

If my skin and boobs went back tight, I may have considered losing more but I think my target is a good balance.

My waist is now 32.5 which is just over the healthy range and so I am using the waist measurement health indicator as opposed to BMI.

I have set my target to 10.7. The thought of being 10st something is quite hard to imagine at this stage as I can't ever remember being that!!! I am hoping that I will be a size 12-14 at that point which would be a-maz-ing! I can only ever remember being a size 14 and thinking I was fat. I look back at photo's now and thing what a nice figure I had (this was 20 years ago though when I was 17, before marriage, before 3 kids ..... before life happened!!!!)

I think if I went for something in the 9st I would be setting the bar too high and would probably not make it. I would rather a more realistic goal for me that, at this stage, I feel is achievable.

I can only imagine how I am going to feel when I start dropping down through the stones ...... it will be like Christmas & Birthdays all rolled into one on those WI nights :D

I remember being 8st 8lbs when i first got with my hubby 8 years ago ... well no actually that`s a lie ... i was 9st 7lbs and then after the first 3 months of erm *ahem* .. well ya know .. lolol ... i dropped down to 8st 8lbs ... but i was too thin then, i struggled getting size 6 to fit and stay up, and family kept telling me i was too thin ... so i don`t want to get there again.

I`m aiming for 9st 4lbs (ish) ... and my gooooorgeous pair of blue cord jeans that i just adore that are a small size 10 .... when i can fit in those comfortably again i`ll call it target i think ;)

I didn't set a target to start with but I think that was because i didn't expect to lose weight. I then started losing weight really quickly so decided I needed somewhere to stop.

At that point I was a size 20 (June/July this year) so I decided that I wanted to be a size 16. I then decided that was too arbitrary, so I looked at BMI's. I am a big boned and fairly tall girl, and BMI doesn't take this into account. So, I decided to choose a friend who I like the size of and ask her what she weighed and use that as my target. My friend in question was flattered, she weighs 12stone, and is about the same height and build as me. Therefore thats my target.

Btw today I bought my first pair of size 14 jeans - so in theory I've sailed past my original target! :D

Btw today I bought my first pair of size 14 jeans - so in theory I've sailed past my original target! :D

Thats brilliant. WELL DONE :wee:

I have set my target at losing 2.5 stones - half a stone to go - which would mean that I am 10 stone 10lb's (that is what I weighed at 9 months pregnant with both my kids !) but I am 54 now and felt initially that anything under that weight I might find that I looked too haggared - if you know what Imean.

Having said all that - I have been wearing a jumper which I bought about 6 years ago and never wore because it was always too tight - it still fits where it touches and I caught a glimpse of myself in my french windows and thought - blimey I:M STILL FAT FAT FAT !

So, I am going to get to 10.10 for Christmas Day - I hope and then reassess where I actually want to be - I might find that 10.10 is perfect.

My target is between 12 stone 7 and 14 stone 4. Big gap and I know that sounds heavy but at 6ft I don't want to take it too far, I like being curvy I just didnt like being unhealthy with it which is why I have lost the weight.

Because i have never been slim, I was 19 stone by 15, I am not sure how I will look at those weights, 14 stone 4 is a little over the unhealthy bmi but I'm not really bothered to be honest as its a lot healthier than my original bmi which was in the 40s. Once I get to the 200lb/14 stone 4 mark I can look and see how I feel and how i look.

To be honest I will probably need a tummy tuck for the loose skin anyway and that will probably weigh a lot in itself so who knows but like i say those are my interims, I don't want to go under a size 12-14 though as I think I might look odd x

Pickles your pictures are fab hun. Well done on your weight loss so far, its terrific! You got the right attitude too, good luck x :rainbow:

I've set my target at 11st 6lb which will take me well into the healthy weight range for my height (I should be between 9st 6lb and 12st 1lb). And that's the smallest I've ever been. Once I get there, I may try and move the target down slightly so I can say 'I've lost 3.5 stone' but I'll see.

I think it's more about how you feel at the end of the day. I'm pretty tall, and I think if I lose too much, I'll just look ill.

xx

Back