Severe anaemia

Mrs R

Just a warning to anyone who is suffering palpitations, exhaustion etc on this diet - I ignored my severe palpitations for ages. Turns out I have severe anaemia due to the diarrhoea I had for two weeks at the start of the diet, I can continue with the diet but have to take extra ferrous sulphate and vitamin C.

Poor Mrs R
now don't dig to much (or is taking these new pills given you a new lease of life?)

You will be rattlin' soon :D

Ooooooo Mrs R, that sounds like a bad experience, hope the pills do the trick and you get back to feeling well very soon.
Bren xx

Yes, hope the medication kicks in quicly and you're soon feeling better.

you should know better mrs NHS!
fren x
p.s always on iron, been Mic for years now.Dont forget your folic acid as well.

ooo i've been gettin a few palpitations....maybes i should get me irion stores checked out?!! Get low iron quite often....just don't want the painful injection in the bum....ouch!! May suggest ferrous sulphate hahaha!

Glad you got yourself sorted now though! x

I've suffered from anaemia for years - doesn't seem to make any difference whether I'm eating a meat or veggie diet either. It only takes one bout of diarrhoea and I'm down to 8.0 again!
Had to come off the diet for a week as I felt so rough but am back on it again now.

Back