Sez's Supersonic Slimdown Story!!

Sez

has started again!!
Excuse the title; its more of a mind boost thing for me really!! This is going to be my (hopefully) daily diary of my first ever attempt at Atkins!

Here goes with day one:

B/fast: Hard boiled egg, 2 slices ham (checked that not cured with any kind of sugar).
Lunch: Tuna, 2 cherry toms. half an inch cucumber, 2 leaves Romaine lettuce, 1/2 red pepper, 2 tbsps Mayo.
Snacks: Cheese string, hard boiled egg
Dinner: 1 large courgette, grilled chicken breast
Snack: 3 oz cheddar, 2 small slice ham.

4 litres water (3 so far, but will be 4!), coffee.

How does this sound please? I would value honest feedback. I think I may have over done it all round, but particularly on the veg & salad stuff. I dont have my carb counter book yet, and am not overly familiar with the cup measurements. (How do you measure a cup of salad?)

Did I eat too many calories of the protein variety too? I actually feel really hungry, but am hoping this will go once I am into ketosis.

I realised half way through today that I picked a daft week to start this, as I am booked in for a Chinese meal on Saturday. It has been arranged for ages & is a special event so I guess I am going to have to be very very careful & do the best I can. ALso, on Sunday I have my Dads 78th birthday lunch. Thankfully we a re going to a local sea food restaurant, an excellent one, where I will be able to ask for grilled whatever with a small green salad. (Just hope I can be strong when the cake arrives!!)

Thanks for you help, in advance everyone!

Thanks for the link Dancing! I will make a note of the weights & try to go by that tomo! As for today, doing ok, cravings a bit tough, but thats my own fault for embarking on a carb fest over the weekend!

I will post todays menu a bit later, once I have had tea, mind you, I am being called by the SF jelly in the fridge, with a drop of cream.... just to get me over the 4 o'clockses, you understand!! LOL!

you'll do fine hun xx

Right; here we go with todays food intake:
b/fast : 2 slices cooked turkey (carb free - remembered to check nutrition label!)
Lunch: 2 Romaine lettuce leaves, cucumber, 2 cherry toms, red pepper, tuna, 3 tsp mayo
Dinner: Homemade burgers (x-lean mince), Asda X-special sausages.
Snacks: 3 oz cheddar, 3 slices turkey, sero bar

I am still really hungry, but would rather "overeat" on protein as I (in a former life) was a SW consultant, and know full well that their protein based days work well. I hope ketosis will hit in a day or so, so that I have just my mind games to deal with rather than this crushing rumbly tum!!

Weds meals:
B/fast 2 eggs, scrambled
Lunch tuna, pepper, cucumber, lettuce, 3 cherry toms, balsamic vinegar
Tea: Cheese, sero bar

And from then on I have had the absolute worst stomach pains & had to run to the loo. I went (sorry tmi), but am still in so much pain. Not sure if its the bar, the food in generla, trapped wind or a bug....

Feeling lousy tho. :(

Looks good but be careful with the balsamic vinegar some contain carbs and knock you out of ketosis x

Thanks everyone. Tum still decidedly iffy... hence not been great today, food wise. :( Bit of toast and couple RT biscs!! not ott on calories but not good at all carb-wise.

On a better note, my new carb counter book arrived and I am V impressed with all the info in it. Will hopefully use it on my next shopping expo, and beyond....

At least my planned meal out on Sat has been cancelled, so I only have the meal in a seafood restaurant to deal with on Sunday, which should be quite straightforward. I will watch out for Balsamic vinegar in the future tho!!

onwards to tomorrow.....!!

xx

hi sez, I dont have any trouble with the sero bars whatsoever, but be aware of the little packs of carb free sweeties that they send as a gift, because they certainly make you go, go go and go.

sue xx

hi sez, I dont have any trouble with the sero bars whatsoever, but be aware of the little packs of carb free sweeties that they send as a gift, because they certainly make you go, go go and go.

sue xx

Hmmm..... it was after I ate these that my tum became sooooo painful & I went, went, went, & went..........

Mind you, I was sick too so maybe not? Dont really know, as said still dodgy today, but hopefully back in the real carb-free world tomo!

hope your better soon............x

i have no trouble with sero bars, but watch the atkins ones..

Hi all.

No menu today, bad time. Nothing getting rid if a problem wouldnt solve.

any advice on disposing of a bluddy annoying, frustrating, want to scream in his face to make him listen, kind of husband?

Hi all.

No menu today, bad time. Nothing getting rid if a problem wouldnt solve.

any advice on disposing of a bluddy annoying, frustrating, want to scream in his face to make him listen, kind of husband?

Wrong person to ask - I'm the bury them under the patio type :eek: :giggle:

easy way to annoy a man that is annoying you......... I need your creditcard im going shopping for diamonds, instantly they feel sick but with the blood boiling up inside them, works a treat for me, everytime my OH is complaining about housework not being done, or no ironed clothes, this is my line. priceless, and for everything else there is mastercard ha ha ha ha ha x

but the first time you need to act serious, and go out and come back in with a tiny bag so they nearly have heart failure thinking you just spent a small fortune x

but i guess i am just evil

Hi everyone. In case you wondered how this diet thing is going.... it isnt really. I am trying, but then so is my OH IYKWIM!

Seriously, things a bit rocky at home, have been for a while, not too much detail now, but I am just very very low & dieting is not for me when times are tough.

Hopefully soon sorted, but will keep checking in anyhow!

Hiya Sez, hope things are not too bad at home - know what you mean about it being difficult to think about diets when domestic stuff is out of kilter :hug99:

Thanks DQ. We are really going to try to resolve our "issues" as we both honestly feel there is still something there for us, even after over 20 years together!! (Mind you, there are times I could happily walk away without a backwards glance....)

Well, we went out for a meal together last night, which was lovely. Was only 5 mins walk from home, so felt able to let 14 yr old son babysit his 9 yr old sister without too much fear of house blowing up!!!

No detail, but meal was lovely, however conversation a little stilted. Still we walked home holding hands which we havent done for ages & ages. Its a start.

Mind you, not been feeling well at all today. Had dreadful pain under ribs at right & going round my back. Had it before after (high fat) food, and initially thought it was trapped wind. it has gone on all day, with me lying on the sofa, hottie bottie on tum, and brief spells of being sick, tears in my eyes because of pain. Finally easing off, so have just google symptoms and as I suspected might be the case, it sounds like gall stone issues.

Very likely as only ever after occurs after "bad" food, curry, cheese etc. Looks like my body is telling me to behave well & truly so once I am back on board with DH, I will be back on board with Atkins too. ( just not too much butter, cheese or cream lol)

still reading all your posts avidly though, they are so inspiring & I am more positive by the day!

Back