Shakes

Dinosore

Hi Everyone,

I have done lighter life before and found most of the soups and shakes ok, have I got a bad batch of shakes because they seem to taste of nothing? yet the soups and bars taste fine! I have been having them all in coffee so far! what is everyone's experience?

Cheers

I got a bad batch of shakes because they seem to taste of nothing?

I have tried them and that is how I would describe them as well...'tasting of nothing':)

You get really used to them. I think the strawberry is most bland but I think the banana one is quite nice. The choc one has best flavour if you have it hot, and the vanilla is lovely hot, with some coffee, its like a latte :)

I believe its because Exante products dont have all the artificial flavourings etc in it.

I only have shakes and I love them! I love that the flavours are subtle and milky rather than strong, sweet and chemically like I expected (I take proteinsupplements and thats how they are!!)

Yes, the shakes are rather bland. Doesn't really bother me, I see them a a means to an end. I've tried a few others and I prefer the taste of nothing to the chemical taste. You can always add other flavours. I like the vanilla with coffee or vanilla essence. I look forward to going into working solution in a few pounds time so I can reintroduce interesting flavours

The products don't have MSG in them which would enhance the flavour. I'd rather them be bland than be full of artificial flavourings not mentioning any other diets

I like the shakes - havent found them to 'taste of nothing' though, I like them :D

The soups are ok too - bit foamy when I blend them but still fairly pleasant to drink.

Can't eat any of the bars though - took 3 hours to get through one and that was enough for me lol

I did CD a while back and miss the ready mixed cartons - very handy when out and about or at work but Exante is good so far :)

I love the soups and I can't even express my love for the bars!
The shakes are very bland, but at least they're drinkable.
I think the banana one has the most flavor in it

I love banana, I thought it woulb be my worst seeing as normally I hate anything banana flavoured! It's really lovely and sooooo creamy xoxo

I know what you mean about the shakes being "flavourless" but I thought that was only me after coming over from LT. I prefer the texture of the Exante ones and still add a load of tablet sweeteners to the shakes.

I love the creamy texture, to me it's more important than the taste. I use less water and blend them to thicken them. Then I eat them with a spoon, yum.

Back