Shaky spells

Capirossi

Hi all.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced dizzy/shaky spells whilst on a low cal diet? I was doing the JUDDD for a while, off and an. But when I went back on it last week, my second down day of the week was horrendous. I was boiling hot, all shaky and dizzy, and felt like I was going to collapse. A colleague made me eat a packet of mini cheddars and a Mars (oh it was just awful :D lol) and then after about 10 mins I was fine. So I decided to knock that on the head for a bit and try calorie counting. I was aiming for 1000 today, and was doing really well, but at about 3.30pm I had the same experience (but did without the naughties, had a bowl of Special K instead). I am fine at home on the weekends etc, and when I am not watching what I eat but being normal, so it's definately diet related. Could it be something blood-sugar related?

Also, how do I work out how many calories a day I need to eat? I have about a stone, stone and a half to lose...

Thanks ladies!

Nat
x

You shouldn't really have less than 1100 cals if you aren't receiving additional nutritional support.

I sometimes feel a bit lightheaded when I'm dieting. I'd just make sure you have some snacks with you so you can have one if you need it. I was really woozy in b&q at the weekend so bought a mini pack of jaffa cakes and had them. Only 135 cals, and made me feel better! A small banana would be the ideal thing to have in your bag, if you like them?

Thanks munky.:D A small banana would suit me fine, I'll certainly try this. Although once I work out how many calories I should be on my food intake will be much higher, so hopefully I won't get the shakes anymore!!

Does anyone use Food Focus. According to that my target cals/day is 863 :eek: that doesn't seem right!

Can anyone recommend a way of working this out? When I tried WW a few years ago I was on 17 points, and I am about the same weight now as I was then. I just think it's easier to count calories than trying to work out how many points there are in things!

I use weightlossresources. You do pay for it monthly, but I find it really useful.
It works out your cal needs from your height, weight, age, sex, and background activity level.
I hope to use it to help me maintain soon!! :)

i often heard that was do to blood sugar drop or something =/

i've had that a couple of times, when i went to bed with out eating for a day (i get into money problems lol) woke up and felt so sick and dizzy, i started urging and trying to throw up, but had an empty stomach so couldn't and then collapsed on my bedroom floor. i felt so bad, i always make sure i have something for tea now.

also once when i was studying, i suddenly felt tierd and dizzy so collapsed on my desk, i had to have some one carry me to the toilets and put on the hand dryer as i got so cold.

x x x

i have heard food focus can be a bit hit an miss, altho its been good for me.

Try the lowest loss per week and just eat maybe 200cals fewer then that.
800ish is TOOOO low, so ignore that.

Last edited:
Back