Shall i do this? and Picking a CDC?

*Cherry On Top*

hi :D
Im new, and considering doing cambridge diet as am now really really wanting to lose weight.

I have always been overweight, and have messed about with diets, but although have sticked to them have always had minimal weight loss (1lb a week etc) which just makes it seem pointless!

In 2004 i did the atkins diet, and lost 3 stone. I have willpower if i see results! Unfortunately i have slowly sneaked back up to my original weight over the past 3 years. I had another go at atkins but just felt ill from all the fat and meat.

I think i might be successful with cambridge, and have learnt the lesson of not thinking im immortal to regaining it! Im a little cynical about whether its a truely healthy approach but im feeling a bit desperate so am letting my heart do the talking instead of my head for now.

My main thoughts are if i do decide to do it how do i choose a cdc. There are about 4 in my area, does anyone have any personal recommendations areound the woodbridge, suffolk area?

thanks, xx

Hiya vic,
I'm new to all this too and there are loads of counsellors in my neck of the woods.
What I did was email all of them and see what kind of responses I got back. Between their replies and their before and after pics and descriptions I picked one.
It's always gonna be a risk and you never know if your one is gonna be the best for you.
All I would really say is don't let the time fly by and do nothing - the fact you are researching means that you want to do something about it so go for it!
I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure others on here (the veterans!!!lol) will be able to offer you loads of advice also. To be honest, you can't beat the support and encouragement that you get on this site. The people are wonderful and we're all on the same journey albeit at various stages.
Take care
Tansyx:)

Hi,

I definitely think you should give the diet a bash - at least for a couple of weeks to see how you feel. Sadly I can't recommend any good counsellors in your area, but I chatted to my own on the phone for a bit first, and she was lovely. I used the official website to locate my local four and chose the person who had put the most information on their profile - I figured she was putting in more effort to reach people.

In terms of health, the diet really does supply 100% of your recommended daily allowances, thus you are getting all the nutrients you need.

Having only been on the diet for fifteen hours myself (!!), I am sure there are many more people more qualified, experienced and knowledgable than I to answer your questions.

But good luck in your diet, whichever one you decide to do.

Hungry Hippo
x

I'd say the same thing. Some CDC's are really helpful and will bend over backwards to help you stick to it, others don't seem as bothered. Send e-mails to all of them and see if you feel yourself leaning more towards one than the others. If you find you don't get on with your CDC you can always change later, the main thing is to get started! GOOD LUCK!

wow, cant believe how quickly i have replies, thats great :D
Ive taken your advice and emailed 6 local ones, will see what they come back with :D
Am looking forward to their replies- i hope to be inspired :D

Hi Vic

First of all welcome to Minis! Personally I cannot recommend Cambridge enough, it has changed my life, but in the end it comes down to personal choice. I would definately say go and see a counsellor and at least talk it through and you can also discuss any concerns you may have at the same time.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Georgie
x

Back