Shall I or sharn't I?? Need CD advice...please help!!!!

ChelleryPickle

Hello all,

My name is Michelle. I am 23, and want to loose about 2 stone. I have successfully lost weight 3 years ago (about 16lbs) with Slimming world and am currently a member at the moment but I really am not getting anywhere at all (I have put 9lbs back on)!! Sooo, here I am looking for a quick fix to loose the weight to then start off my VERY healthy diet for ever more that will keep it off...hmmmm!?

Right, here is my dilemma.....

1. Not only have I NEVER gone without food...I rarely let myslef get starving hungry so how will I cope?

2. I am sort of fit...well I run 2/3 times a distance of about 4/5k and have signed up for a 10k race on the 6th of March

3. I am in the RAF and have a 3day busy/on the go course coming up with lots of running around etc...will I be able to cope whilst on the CD? I have thought about coming off the diet for that week, but would this play havock with my metabolism and the katisis malarky?

Please please can someone give me honest advice. I am so pleased I found this forum as I could find nothing useful on facebook. I am feeling more inspired after reading your diaries this evening.

Hope to read some replies soon.

Cheers,

Chelle
x:)

Helloooo ladies,

Please help. My potential start date on 13/02/11 is fast approaching!.

xx

Hi

You posted this up in the diaries section so hopefully one of the Mods will move it for you down to the main forum so you get more replies.

1. Not only have I NEVER gone without food...I rarely let myslef get starving hungry so how will I cope? It becomes mind over matter... usually you do not feel physically hungry and you get quite used to going without conventional food so it becomes more of a battle of the emotional hunger/mouth hunger issues (if you have them). CD is very good at highlighting how often you turn to food in those circumstances.

2. I am sort of fit...well I run 2/3 times a distance of about 4/5k and have signed up for a 10k race on the 6th of March. A lot of girls (Determinator etc) run a lot on this. As long as you take it easy the first few days (while you switch over) most people have no problem maintaining their normal fitness regimes... just be careful of your water intake.

3. I am in the RAF and have a 3day busy/on the go course coming up with lots of running around etc...will I be able to cope whilst on the CD? I have thought about coming off the diet for that week, but would this play havock with my metabolism and the katisis malarky? You should be fine on this.. I would not suggest coming off the plan as it will make it harder for you to go back on ... but you could maybe go up an extra pack a day if you wanted to. The CDC (CD Consultant would be able to advise you more) depending on what plan you start on.

CD is not a quick fix by the way.. it's a pretty drastic way to lose weight as it affects every part of your life including your social life. It does work fast in that you can do a stone a month (and usually a bit more in the first month) but it's no picnic. Personally it's the best thing I've ever done but CD is only the start.. I still have to learn how to "live slim" once I get to goal. The people who tend to put the weight back on are the ones who don't work on behaviour change while working the plan.

Cambridge Weight Plan: a flexible range of weight management programmes aimed at both men and women is the link to the main website that should give you more information.

Hope that helps and good luck whatever you decide to do.

Thanks soo much for your reply! Trust me to put it in the wrong place....Its my first time on a site like this. Am still working it out. Your advice is really helpful. I certainly agree that this isnt a quick fix...I think I chose the wrong words there. What I meant was a quick solution to get the weight off. I do have a few bad eating habits...i.e boredom, emotional eating etc. I hope that the fact I will feel great after I have lost the weight will spur me on to eat those salads lol!

How are you anyway? How are you finding it?

Chelle,
x

No worries... the site can be a bit of a maze when you first find it lol.

I'm finding it really good...as you say the rapid (in comparison to WW etc) loss is very motivating when you feel overwhelmed by what you have to lose. It's certainly a learning curve for me because I've always been one of those people for whom food has anything to do with hunger :D

It's really forcing me to learn about delayed gratification and not giving into urges... the feeling when you have been 100% all week and see the result on the scale is indescribable! I've gone from a size 22-24 to a size 18 (which is beginning to get too big!) in 4 months (including being off plan over most of December and a few mammoth binges! But over all it's a very positive journey :)

Wow thats incredible!! I bet its costing you an arm and a leg in new clothes lol!! I have just text my consultant and said I have made the decision to do it. I think finding this group and knowing that I can come on here and chat with others will help me no end! Bring on Sunday :). Any tips for the first few days?

Chelle

x

Great to hear you are joining us.

Just try not to make any plans for the first few days... stick close to home ..a lot of people feel tired and sluggish particularly days 2-4. A few of us tried to sleep them away :)

Take paracetamol if you have a headache and a daily fibre supplement (fibre or psyllium husk capsules) from Day 1 as it's easy to get constipated. Have a read through Cambridge Diet FAQ and General Information. - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum ... brilliant information on it that is essential for when you start.

Give yourself little treats .. have baths, do your nails.. what ever you like as long as it makes you feel good and re-enforces the positive choice you have made about starting CD

Oh.. and read www.thedietguy.co.uk your mental approach really does make a big difference ..if you use words like "diet, can't have, go without" etc it can set up all sorts of cycles of behaviour in your head.

Back