Shall we have our own WW daily steps ?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Cavycrazy, 11 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Anyone read the latest WW magazine ?? and the starting of WW Get Walking campaign.

Just a thought but wondered if we could run our own little WW steps league for a bit of fun. Encourage us to get those dusty pedometers out ?

We can record our daily steps. What do you think fellow WW'ers ??

Deb x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Pinkdiamond

Pinkdiamond Is it nearly October yet?

Weight Watchers
    Sounds like fun :)
  4. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I think that's an excellent idea!! Though I don't own a pedometer at the moment, but I can pick up a ww one from my meeting on Monday if this takes off.

I have no will power, so I'm rubbish at dieting and I'm rubbish at exercise...but, I am competitive! Being able to post my steps on here at the end of the day will encourage me to get moving in an attempt to do more steps than other people :p lol.

Sad I know, but true just the same. The only reason I didn't completely throw the towel in on my diet after easter was because I'm competing with Clair to reach my target before she does...I don't like 'losing' (competitions that it, not weight, hehe!).
  5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Thats a great idea. I was going to join in the main Steps League but Id just show myself up lol

Got my pedometer at the ready
  6. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Yey! I'll pick up a pedometer on Monday then. Ooh, best invest in some deep heat for my aching muscles - they haven't been walked for years, lol!
  7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    Ive been making a real attempt at doing a bit of walking as I said in my diary :) But Im really feeling it in the back of my legs... its SHOCKING how out of shape I am... but well I think I knew that
  8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

It's surprising what hard work walking can be isn't it! I don't exercise at all, I never have, didn't even bother when I was slimmer, so I've always been super unfit. These days I get out of breath just walking up the stairs, which is SO embarrassing. If I go for a short 20 minute walk with the pushchair I'm usually sweating buckets when I get back! It's terrible! I'd love to improve my fitness levels, and for someone as unfit as me, walking is probably the best way to start.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.