Sharnie's Weight Loss Journey

pingushaz

Everyone hits that point where they look at themselves and realise, i have to do something about my weight.

Im 5ft 7' and i weigh 14st 10lb. My BMI is over 30 and i have have flab in all the wrong places.

This time came when i was looking through photos of me at a nightclub, the dress i was wearing showed every single roll on my tummy..... yuck:jelous:

i saw all these girls in skimpy little dresses with toned abs and realised that i was only 21 years old and already looked like this. If i was to carry on at this rate id be dead by the time im 40. I put on 6 stone in 3 years. Dramatic i know

I dont want to be super skinny, but i do want to be healthy and not look so ridiculous in nice outfits

So i decided to start slimming world yesterday, so far so good!
I joined this forum to enable the support i need, i find that if i dont have support or motivation i will fall of the wagin quicker than you can say doritoes.

Ideally i would like to loose 3 stone before i go to cyprus in 6 months time, i realise that this is going to need a dramatic life change! and i am ready for anything!
So here i go on my weightloss journey.

Come join me, critisice my food choices or offer words of support!
I would really appreciate any input!

Now what to have for lunch! any ideas? :):):)

oh dear, ive fallen off the wagon ALREADY! i dont know why i do this to myself, i had my coursework deadline for uni yesterday and an exam so me and my friend decided to celebrate. i kept telling myself to remember my syns and only have a few, but i got completley trollyed on high syn alcohol. THEN ordered a takeaway! could really use some support today! how do you guys stay on the wagon???

Hi Sharnie, looking forward to reading about how you get on. There's always loads of support on here.

How do I stay on the wagon? Well the truth is, I don't always. I slipped up on my second day on plan last week when I went to Wetherspoons with a friend and although I kept to the diet Coke, I indulged in a HUGE tuna mayo bagette and onion rings! Oh, plus there was the Angels' Delight last night lol!

Blips happen, always going to. But the trick i've found is to not let a bad day turn into a bad week. Clean slate and start afresh today xx

thanks :) that does sound like something i do, unfortunatley ive already ate last nights leftovers ...... ooops i needed to soak up the alcohol!!
fresh start tommorow i think! i wont let it ruin the rest of my week!!

You say you're going to Cyprus in 6 months - that's a great incentive! Perhaps buy yourself a bikini or a dress you'd like to be in by then and hang it somewhere so you'll see it before you think about raiding the fridge? xx

find something to concentrate on and use that as motivation, fitting into smaller clothes for your holiday might be a good one. For me its to get off my pills, which i can't do until i'm in bmi range.

You are only a pound lighter than i was when i restarted SW and the same height (only 2 years age difference too :p). Once you find the motivation i'm sure you will stay on the wagon :)

Thanks
guys i like that idea of the clothes size!!!! i usually let a bad day ruin the rest of my week but im going to start again fresh tommorow!!! starting with walking the dogs!!!!

so yesterday was a good day, i do have this horrible habit of skipping breakfast though!!!!!

for lunch i had jacket potato with a whole tin of spaghetti hoops and a glass of skimmed milk (hex) all syn free

for dinner i had beef casserole ( syn free )

i had a chocolate biscuit for a snack ( 4 syns )
and i got a little hungry in the evening so i had 2 boiled egss mmmm ( syn free )

just seems like an excessive amount to eat on a diet but it was genuine hunger not boredom eating.

I also took an hours walk trhough the country park with my dog

does this sound like an ok day?

If you are eating out of hunger its fine. I have a bad habit of boredom eating, looks fine, try and make sure you use at least 5 syns a day though. You will have better weight losses if you make sure you have your syns. If I have less than 10 i find i lose less than when i have 14 or 15.

i just cant get my head around what im eating!! for breakfast i had weetabix and skimmed milk ( both HEX ) and i did add a teaspoon of sugar which i dont know the syn value off! i may have a bad of crisps as my syns later! i do love walkers prawn cocktail!!! mmmmm

for dinner i have chicken casserole made with chicken ( obviously ) stock cubes ( are these free ? )
celery
petit pois
sweetcorn
onions
and a little bit of garlic and pepper!

do you think this is a superfree dinner? cos of the veg?
i get so confused!

now just to think about lunch!

stock cubes are free, if you put in enough celery and onions to make up roughly 1/3 of the meal then yes it will be. Sweetcorn and Petit pois aren't superfree veggies, they are free but don't fall into the superfree.

Sugar is about 1 syn a tsp i think, but i'm not sure, don't use it myself.

i usually have a chopped up bannana but we are in between food shops so alas no fruit! hense the sugar!

by the way i lied there is no sweetcorn its CARROTS lol

what was i thinking :D

Haha, you should be fine with all that, should get 1/3 out of that easily. I was having the same problem yesterday, cupboards were pretty much bare.

There's nothing worse when the cupboards are bare and you're trying to be good on the diet!I tend to skip a proper breakfast when I'm working. So hard to eat anything at the time I have to get up! x

i may cook myself some extra carrots and eat them .... mmmm i do like carrots! i keep forgetting that 1/3 needs to be superfree!! i like eggs alot and they are superfree yay!

Rubyred i know what you mean ... i dont even usually eat breakfast! i must start though! just i think its pure laziness why i skip it! and then by lunch i am ravenous!!

cannot decide what to have for lunch! want jacket potato and beans but im concerned about all this superfree food, we literally have no veg! although i have found some plums! yay!

a couple of plums should cover the 1/3, though if you really can't do 1/3 on a meal or two i doubt its going to be disastrous.

I'm a little confused over the Superfree foods also. I'm sure i'm not getting my 1/3 yet I still lost last week... x

i may cook myself some extra carrots and eat them .... mmmm i do like carrots! i keep forgetting that 1/3 needs to be superfree!! i like eggs alot and they are superfree yay!

Rubyred i know what you mean ... i dont even usually eat breakfast! i must start though! just i think its pure laziness why i skip it! and then by lunch i am ravenous!!

Oooh for me it's the opposite! If I eat my brekkie, then about an hour later i'm starving! Must be the matabolism kicking in... x

I have the day sorted:

Breakfast:-

Weetabix and skimmed milk (HEX) and teaspoon of sugar ( 1 syn)

Lunch:-

1x Fried egg in fry light
half a tin of beans
slimming world chips

Syn FREE!!!!

dinner:

Chicken casserole ( chicken, carrots, onions, celery, peas all made in chicken stock )
Mash on the side ( no butter or milk )

SYN FREEE!!!

Snacks : - Plums x 2, grapes ( im going to buy some tonight )

possibly a bag of cheese and onion crisps too just to use some syns and only if im feeling peckish!

how does that all sound???

if your loosing weight ruby then your doing something right!!!!!

ally do you think its a 1/3 of your daily food should be superfree! if so im screwed at the moment! until i shop!

Back