Shaza Diary ~ Happy new year all ~ I'm off to Ireland tomorrow wey hey

Thanks Kaz

Feeling a little brighter today, my lovely friend gave me reiki to calm me down and try to get a handle on my pain levels

Off the diet yesterday and today I just cant concentrate on it ~ back on it tomorrow I am going to bed now to get comfy

Will get head on SS when I feel a bit more human

No moaning today just getting on with it

Better weather for us today

Hows everyone doing ???

ps getting excited for France even if I cant get about much still be able to see all the beautiful scenery

Luv Luv

Hi Shaza

Really naff about the rheumatics... weather DEFINITELY doesn't help so really hoping that some sunshine and warmth makes a big difference for you. My sis has dreadful arthritis in her joints too and I know how debilitating and painful she finds things , so, empathising with you.

Yet still you are the optimist and sunshine smiler :)

Hope you are feeling loads better today and the sun continues to shine, it's lovely here today, I can't wait to finish work and get out in the sunshine!!

Happy Monday to you xxxx

Really naff about the rheumatics... weather DEFINITELY doesn't help so really hoping that some sunshine and warmth makes a big difference for you. My sis has dreadful arthritis in her joints too and I know how debilitating and painful she finds things , so, empathising with you.

Hi Jenny

Thanks for that ~ it so important for me to be cheerful whatever this stupid diesease chucks at me Tee Hee

Still stiff and sore and in terrible pain ~ but hey still smiling and trying to keep moving. The big thing is that I have kind of come of the diet and started eating as I am this silly kind of woman who takes comfort in food. Why I wonder do I do that Jenny? its a bit like a self sabotage. I just always have eaten to make me feel better, well some habits are hard to break boo hoo. The food definately doesnot take any of the pain away and the comfort I get is very very short lived and a real quick fix that doesnot work but still onwards and upwards. I will try and get back on SS tomorrow and Wednesday and then off to France where I intend to kind of 790 ish. I am not beating myself up about the break in the diet as when I am so poorly I just cant do it ~ excuses I know but thats what I am ~ weak with no will power. The pain and discomfort just takes away all my motivation and I just cant concentrate. I need a magic wand to take away my pain ~ oh and whilst you are there with your magic wand ~ just take away 6 stone of blubber from my achy old bod LOL tee hee

Comfort eating ~ needs putting in room 101 LOL

Cant type anymore my hands are so sore. Off to bed AGAIN ~ oh to get my life back. I really hope the holiday does me good as my consultant said that my rhematoid levels have risen so dramatically due to the stress and strain of loosing my job. I am going to head to the sun and just sleep in the warmth and swim in the lovely healing sea ~ bliss no pain

love to all

ps especially your sister Jen this illness is sh..ty !!!!

Hi Jenny

Thanks for that ~ it so important for me to be cheerful whatever this stupid diesease chucks at me Tee Hee

Still stiff and sore and in terrible pain ~ but hey still smiling and trying to keep moving. The big thing is that I have kind of come of the diet and started eating as I am this silly kind of woman who takes comfort in food. Why I wonder do I do that Jenny?

Coz you're human sweetheart, and we turn to the familiar comforters in life... with you it's food... with me I thought it was food but not so sure now... with others it's drugs, gambling, alcohol, shopping, driving fast cars... all sorts of things..

its a bit like a self sabotage.

Yep, totally... not logical is it! But that's coz comfort is an answer to the emotional, not the logical :D

I just always have eaten to make me feel better, well some habits are hard to break boo hoo. The food definately doesnot take any of the pain away and the comfort I get is very very short lived and a real quick fix that doesnot work but still onwards and upwards.

You know, Westiegirl did an ace post about habits on her diary... might be worth having a look there for some pointers.. or at least to know you seriously are NOT alone!

I will try and get back on SS tomorrow and Wednesday and then off to France where I intend to kind of 790 ish. I am not beating myself up about the break in the diet as when I am so poorly I just cant do it ~ excuses I know but thats what I am ~ weak with no will power.

Oi, none of that missus!! S'cuse me, BUT, HOW much have you lost already???? Hmmm??? Come on now... you are not weak and you have oodles of will power... so no more self-deprecation ya hear !!! ;)

The pain and discomfort just takes away all my motivation and I just cant concentrate. I need a magic wand to take away my pain ~ oh and whilst you are there with your magic wand ~ just take away 6 stone of blubber from my achy old bod LOL tee hee

Well, you know what, it IS far tougher to do this when in pain, no doubt about that.. and um... just how many pounds is 6 stone... let me see... hmmm, 84lbs... I think you already waved such a wand of your own and have done more than that already, so... same again my friend :D :D you know you CAN do this.. it just is a rocky road but walkable, running at times, crawling at others and at others just a grinding standstill or reverse... but it is do-able and you will do it :D

Comfort eating ~ needs putting in room 101 LOL

LOL, yep, along with happiness eating, sadness eating, feck it eating, sod 'em eating... stressy eating... lol lol lol oh so many emotional reasons to turn to food!

Cant type anymore my hands are so sore. Off to bed AGAIN ~ oh to get my life back. I really hope the holiday does me good as my consultant said that my rhematoid levels have risen so dramatically due to the stress and strain of loosing my job. I am going to head to the sun and just sleep in the warmth and swim in the lovely healing sea ~ bliss no pain

wonderful - enjoy, hope it refreshes you and gives you lots of pain free days :D

love to all

ps especially your sister Jen this illness is sh..ty !!!!

lots of love to you too.... have a fabulous holiday... :D

aww have fun
sunnybeach4.jpg

kaz:D

Hi ya all

Had the very best time in France, we hopped down to the south (really lovely and hot) stopped there around a week then came back up towards Calais stopping in Switzerland, Luxembourg, Germany and Belgium. We had a amazing time ~ it was such a real adventure and I will fill you all in on the details at a later date

Been a bit silly though took my Cambridge diet with me and never even had one Boo Hoo

(That makes 7 countries that I have now took my diet too and never ever had one of the shakes !!!!)

Whats that all about ???? I shall never take my shakes again on hols whats the point

Weighed my and put around 8lb on ~ my next weigh in with Anne is 30th August so off with the weight. Will start SS on Monday seriously again and intend to loose 4 more stone making around 10 ~ 11 stone off by Xmas ~ we will see. I have jst been looking at Jenny on her diary and if she can ~ I can

More to the point we all can !!!!

Cant make Birmingham this September as I am really really skint and have to watch my pennies now that I am not working ~ my priority is first to be able to afford my cambridge shakes and that doesnt leave much money for weekends away

Catch up with you all nearer Xmas when I am more sorted

Love to all you crazy gang

Shar

Welcome back. Glad you enjoyed yourself. I took 12 tetras to Dublin and came back with 12. So don't worry the excess will be off quickly. I am going on a short holiday next saturday to Luxembourg last there 40 years ago
Irene xx

Hi Irene

Nice to hear from you and have a great time in Luxembourg (by the way it will not have changed ~ bit stuck in a time warp tee hee !!!)

Just hanging around really but I need to go to bed ~ been travelling all day and very stiff and sore

I wont be going to Birmingham as I still am not working and will need to watch the pennies (overspent a bit the last couple of week as well as over-ate and over-drank champagne tee hee )

Will miss all of you and hope to catch up with you all very very soon for a nice long chat

Luv Luv

Hi Shaza,

How you doing? Long time no see.

Are you OK?

xx

Hi ya CC

Not been around for an age ~ I have been really ill. This is my story so far ~

Got made redundant so my stress levels went sky high ~ my RA went off the scale and I really struggled with pain and stiffness and got really really ill. My consultant called me in to hosp and started me on some very strong treatment to get my RA under control ~ methotrexate which is a chemical chemotherapy given to cancer patients and it kills your immune system so serious stuff

Since then I have really been poorly with side effects basically bad stomach etc blah blah blah. Feel faint dizzy and nausious all the time so very unpleasant along with being violently sick and diahorea. Any way went to see the lovely Ann (westhills ) today to try and get back on the diet as I have been off it for around 8 weeks and enough is enough ~gained 12lb so not too bad (could have been worse!!) and Ann said to split the packs and bars and drink plenty so that I am having little and often to get me back on the diet track. Its so hard when you are poorly to stick to the diet but for goodness sake Shaza you dont have to eat so many carbs !!

Any way tried to get back on track today but then started to get really ill very high temp and fainting (WTF) rushed to hosp for emergency blood test and to settle me down. (nothing to do with the diet just side effects from medication ) Back home now but feel like crap not drank any water today so need to go downstairs and sort myself out.

Any tips hints or encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to be a big fat whinger

Luv Luv to all

Shaza

Restart on SS

Hello all,

Feeling rubbish still but trying my hardest to get back on track dietwise. Sneaky weighed me this morning and lost 8lb so only 4lb to go and I am back to where I was

I am SS but splitting the packs and cutting the bars into 16 pieces and freezing them ~ lovely for a treat in the evening with a black coffee. Also if needed having shredded cabbage and some chicken breast.

Restarted at 18stone and would like to loose 3 stone for xmas so wish me well.

Thank goodness for Ann (westhills) she is my diet angel

Love to all

Shaza, so glad to see you're around again, so sad to see how you've been suffering!xxxxx I'm hoping to get three stone off for Christmas too, there's a thread going on the CD page, join us!
I started again after breaking my toe,(& I felt sorry for myself & gained 21lbs!!!!! NO EXCUSES!!) Ann said how ill you'd been. It is hard but just look how far you've come already! You'll be in size 16 jeans before Christmas & so will I!
I was going to email you but didn't know whether to use your 'pockets of joy' one or your hubby's one, & if the other one still worked as it was your job's one. Anyway... you're back here now, on track & looking forward, just those few icky first days til you're in ketosis.xxxxxxx
xxxxsharon

Hi ya Sharon

Thanks for popping by ~ my pockets email has gone now so email me on my hubbies one be lovely to hear from you. I think I started before on the xmas thread I must have a look and rejoin it. Sorry about your toe it must have been really horrible and painful. You are just like me feeling sorry for your self and comfort eating ~ I need to change as I am ill I just cannot do the comfort eating anymore (eating for comfort so last year darling !!!!)
I am sticking to SS but personalized it to fit me ~ when my stomach is bad I am having shredded cabbage and greens and maybe a little bit of steamed chicken. So far so good and I think I have found a way that I can still stick to the diet even with my medication. Ann said find a way to suit you and do it anyway you can, otherwise Sharon I would soon gain my weight.

Onwards and upwards with the diet and as long as I weigh less by xmas and not more I am fine with that. Sometimes I look at other peoples thread and see how much they have lost and I am disapointed but I have got to think positive and do the very best I can. Feeling alot better today and the trick Ann told me about cutting the bars up into 16 pieces and freezing them is really saving my life !!!! Really lovely like toffee with a cup of coffee at night time.

Good luck with your plan to be a 16 by xmas ~ hows hubby job situation nowadays ???

Shaza

Hi Shaza, everything seems good now, he thinks it was a cost cutting & cutting the 'dead wood' exercise, though hubby thought some redundamcies were silly & cruel. (One guy cleaned part time & was due to retire next year, they got rid of him, even though hubby said he worked really hard)
Well toe pain & not being to exercise was an excuse, I went to Weight Watchers, but didn't really try very hard, same with Slimming World. I just used it as an excuse to TOTALLY PIG-OUT!! I can't even begin to compare my TOE to your RA, it's like comparing a spot to a tumour!
Anyway we're both back on CD & we'll be seeing less of each other on here soon, when we post new, slimmer pics!
xxxxxsharon

Hi sharon

You are right about companies and redundencies they are horrible anyway cant find the christmas thread as I am sure i joined it to loose 5 stone (bit ambitious Shar Shar !!!)

Oh I got builders in this week had a water leak and we have got to have new ceiling in the front room so big big mess on Thursday and Friday (insurance job). Then on the 12th they are coming back to decorate ~ then wait for it all new furniture ~ its dead exciting picking what I want and more to the point having the time and energy to shop around now that I am on incapacity benefit.

On saying that I dont know just how people manage on benefits, my hubby works at Toyota and is on good money but if he wasnt I only get £61 a week ~ what are you supposed to do with that. Its really opened my eyes as I have never claimed any kind of benefit before I got made redundant and had a few weeks on job seekers allowance. Also its a very good lessen to learn to be short of money I have always worked full time and just had what I wanted and looking at every penny is doing me really good.

Sorry to rabbit on everyone ~ must be bored !!!!

Talking of bored I have just started to jigsaws and knitting as the days are long when I am on my own and not working is taking some adjusting to.

I feel a game on the arcade coming on ~ then walk the dog ~ then clean up ~ then who knows !!!!!!

We've had a leak in the roof too, though it went in the corners upstairs & isn't too serious or expensive to get done. Lucky you, getting it paid for & getting rooms decorated & buying new stuff.
The thread is 'three stone by Christmas' or something similar, I keep 'bumping' it up. I should be job hunting before Christmas, Aiden, my youngest starts school full-time in the New Year, though I won't be teaching, I have to get more experience (volunteering part-time) so a shop job or something similar, just part-time would be great as well as being able to pay for CD MYSELF instead of having to beg hubby!!
How is you RA, any better? xxxxsharon
ps lost 8lbs in my first week's weigh-in today!

Well done you on 8lb thats amazing, I have lost 9lb of the 12lb I put on so well well pleased, I want to be under 17 stone for when our lovely Ann comes back off holiday. I know what you mean about asking hubby for money I have managed to be self sufficient since loosing my job as I have always earned my own money. Its suprising really how resourceful you become when money is tight. I have done a car boot and raised £80 and sold a dishwasher and all my too big clothes on ebay, so still keeping the wolf away from the door!!!. I think my car will have to go as we have a motorhome and to keep 3 vehicles on the road on one wage is a bit ridiculous. Not looking forward to it going as I love my car it really makes you independant to have your own transport. Still time for change for me as I am trying to simplify my life in all ways and loving it.

Try the westhills shopping centre for work as it looks amazing and two of my friends have jobs there, Or to suit your experience you could work at the schools but not a teacher ~ maybe a teaching assistant or something ~ pays better and the holidays would really suit you with your kids, I was a dinner lady at one time when the children were very young.

I am looking forward to the Westhills shopping centre opening ~ fancy meeting there for a coffee in the week one day ~ we could check out all the lovely size 16 that we will be in at xmas and then have a black coffee or really push the boat out and have a cappachino !!!!

I might start a thread and get as many minimins who live nearby to come over and all meet up ~ what do you reckon to that ?

Catch you later

Shaza

ps RA not too bad ~ hands very sore so hence I have started knitting to try and get them mobile again ~ making hubby an aran waistcoat for crimbo ~ not sure if he will like it though its a bit "grandad " if you know what I mean. I am really feeling the benefit from not working but I am very concious of not doing any exercise at the moment. My plan is to get to 15 stone by xmas and put gym membership down on my Santas list, cant really do alot there but could swim and go in the steam room etc. All those toned bodies might encourage me tee hee !!!!

Lov Lov

Oooh yes, meeting up would be fab, though I might have to bring Aiden as he's only at nursery for 2 hours & it would be awkward to get back for him. I would try & get something sorted though as it sounds a great idea, I feel like a prisoner here sometimes!!lol
I've sold some stuff on EBay too, suprised at how much you get for some stuff & how little for others, I wanted to do a car boot but would probably come back with more stuff than I went with!!lol
Being a teaching assistant isn't an option, loads of mums have done the course & are looking for jobs, being honest I'm overqualified & schools don't want people with degrees anyway. I want to be with grown-ups! There's a new call centre opening up for Nottingham C.C. (advertised on TrentFM) with an open day soon, so I might give that a try, aren't you a trained call centre operative? I bet the council are brill employers, especially if you're classed as disabled, it might be worth you trying for it too?
Anyway let me know about the meet, if all else fails Steve has a load of days holiday he has to use up so I could get him to have a day off then so I don't have to rush off or have company!
xxxxsharon

Back