Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Think you did a great job last night then, well done! I really couldn't run at this time of year. One of my friends goes for a run every morning at about 6/6.30, it's madness!

Enjoy your run :)

I got up early thinking I might hit the gym but then I saw the frost and decided that was a crazy plan..... I had a lovely salmon and new potato salad last night! Was yum.

I did an 8 mile run outside!!!!!!!!! Quite pleased with myself :) :)
Was not easy, but I had the determination to get through it. The scary thing is, I still have 5 miles on top of that to get through for the race...omg!!!

Anyway, meal was good, I stuck to salmon and a salad. The pie looked amazing though, but found some willpower from somewhere!!!
Hopefully I am back on track, cold now gone and looking for a good loss this week ! Bring it on!!!

Sounds like a great day yesterday, well done

Well I am back, had a really busy week so not had chance to log on here much. Have caught up with everyone's diaries though.

My week has been good. I am extremely focused, so very strict on food and getting my exercise in. Hence a 2lb loss!!

My dilemma for today, is to decide to go outside for a run, which I really need to do, or stay inside and do 90 mins on a treadmill on incline ! I need to do 9 miles.
Don't really want to go out in the cold, my worry is I will slip and injure myself, but going on the treadmill is not really helping me prepare for my race. Every run is now counting towards my race as time is running out!
My reward for doing 9 miles is a bottle of wine tonight (well 3/4 of a bottle to avoid a hangover) and lamb steaks for tea. :)

Sounds like you've had a great week exercise and food wise, 2lbs is fantastic! Can you set the treadmill to vary so the incline changes so it's a bit more like outside? I know you can on bikes, not sure about treadmills.

I started playing around with the inclines. There are program's for the incline, but they start off really slow for the first 10 mins and the workout only last 30 mins.

Well I did 1.5 miles on the treadmill, then started to feel guilty, so did 7.5 miles outside. So pleased I hit my 9 miles overall. My wine will taste so much nicer now!!!!

Well done on the loss, 2lbs is fantatsic. Glad you got your run done and your in one piece.
Enjoy your wine, you deserve it :)

Hope everyone is doing ok, hopefully will have more time to catch up on everyone's diaries 2moro.
I heard today that I have been accepted for the Great North Run in September!!! I'm well excited!!!
My training is going really well, I am doing quite well getting up early to exercise. I am thinking of having a rest 2moro though, don't want to overdo it, will c how I feel in the morning.
As I'm exercising everyday my food is not a problem :)
I have started drinking Becks alcohol free lager. It tastes just like lager to me and only 57 cals. No hangovers for me!!
Well actually I will have on Sunday, as it's hubby's birthday, so going for an Indian and then a pub crawl on Sat night!!! I dread to think of the calories, but I will be doing a 10 mile run at the w/e, so hopefully won't be too bad.

Ooh sounds like a good birthday! Have fun! And brilliant for getting accepted!!

Shazabir,
Reading with interest your preparation for your run, well done on your acceptance into gnr.
I have very recently started running myself, have a very long way to reach your standard though.
Forget about the calories and enjoy hubbies birthday, it's not an everyday occurance x

Thats great news, well done Shaz! :D

Birthday celebrations sound fun, seems like you are doing amazingly so don't worry about one night.
Keep up the good work hun :)

How exciting, you little runaholic you :p Plenty of time to get training then. that Becks blue was very popular in the pub I worked in, for those that were dieting or driving. I'm not a beer/lager/ale person though so wouldn't like it anyway! Hope you have a great weekend, sounds like you will.

I am really struggling with time at the moment, so not getting on here very much. I need to find a bit more time and see how your all doing.
I am doing ok food and exercise wise. The snow has finally cleared, so can go outside for my 10 mile run at the w/e.
I had a great w/e for hubbies birthday, probably too great, but it was a special occasion, so don't mind if I have a slight gain this week. :)
Having a rest day today, so need to plan my food carefully. I do struggle to stay under 1200 cals when I don't exercise. It is nice staying in bed, instead of getting up at 4.00am though :)

How funny, I was just coming on here to post and see how you were doing because you hadn't posted in a while! Glad you're alright. 4am?! Pssh I thought my 6.30 was bad! Not sure I could do it... How's your knee?

Eeek, 4.30?! Birthday weekend sounds fab hun. Glad you can get outside and run again. Like Caroline said hows the knee holding up? :)

My knee seems fine and coping really well with the long runs. I have cut my running down to a long run at a w/e and a 5 mile run in the week. I find if I squeeze anymore runs in I get twinges in my leg. So in the days in between I use my bike, cross trainer and kettlebell.
This weekend is going to be a practice for the race. So going to eat the same two days prior to the run (lots of pasta), eat the same breakfast, drink the same amount of water and dress in the clothes I am planning to wear. My run will be 11 miles instead of 13, but it's close enough. At least I will see if I need to make any changes before the big event.
Food wise I am a little up and down at the minute. As my running is my only focus I am just listening to my body. Doing these long runs is making me eat more, I find I need to eat a lot more the day before, after the run and the day after that. So weirdly I am going over my cals, despite the huge burns. However my only goal is to finish the race, my weight will take a back seat until then.
Hope everyone is doing ok, I will be back properly soon and will catch up with you all x

Back