Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Wow thats mental! They could have appreciated the 750!

Oooh, get you, well done for signing up. Sounds amazing, and the feeling of achievement at the end will be imense!!

I have heard about the crazy sign up rules for the marathon. I get why they have to have some regulations in place, but a charity suing for £250 is ridiculous!

Yup I've seen that happen before. It's basically because they place a certain value on each place and plan on getting at least a certain amount of income from it. The thinking is basically that there is so much demand for places that if you take it and can't raise enough then they could have easily found someone else who could have. It's ridiculous though, not really very charitable is it!

Well I am feeling pretty fed up. I have pain in my knee and calf, so no running for me. I have not been able to run more than 1.5 miles before the pain kicks in, so going to have to rest it. I have a suspicion it may be shin splints :-(
I am a bit concerned about Silverstone now. My training was quite tight, as I need to do a lot of outdoor running still. This injury could really set my training back :-(
I did 60 mins on my bike tonight, but knee still twinged. I am going to do some x-training for a few days, then see if it improves. I have been concentrating so much on running that I forgot how much I enjoyed my bike! Calories not good though, 60 mins burnt 350 cals. If I was running for that amount of time I would have burnt around 650!

Can anything be done to help it or just rest?

I can still exercise but cannot do any running. Mentally it will be a killer, as running has turned into an obsession and something I love doing.

Aww hun. That sucks. Best to listen to your body though. Don't wanna make it worse

Sorry to hear about your knee. Could you maybe pop along and see your doctor and see if there's anything they can do to help it heal?

Shin splints is bloomin' painful :cry: Plenty of rest seems to be the best thing for it. When my fitness had improved I started to run but got the dreaded shin splints. I just walk very fast now ;)

Sorry you're in pain hun, hope it improves soon. I'm with Caroline, maybe pop to the doctor, see if they can help.
Lot's of love hun xxx

Thanks guys, the pain has eased a lot, but going to have to wait a few more days before running again though.
I did my first Zumba class on Friday. I really enjoyed it, so booked to go again next Friday. As hard as it is not running, it is also nice to be doing other exercise. Just the calories are not as high as running! Oh well.
Food wise not good yesterday and no exercise, did have a nice day though, lol. Today I am going to my parents for a meal. I have no idea what they are cooking, so need to exercise today. Well I will do once my hangover goes.....!!!!

Haha. Have a good evening :)

Going to attempt a run today, no idea what to expect. Will be pretty gutted if the pain starts though.
I am feeling pretty demotivated though. I have not exercised since Friday, so I could rest my legs. It has made sticking to cals very hard without the extra exercise cals. Its also playing on my mind that I have screwed up my chance of running the half marathon in March. I really don't think I have the time to get all the training in, as my distance will need to be low when I finally get to run again. Will be so gutted if I have to drop out of the race!!!!

Good luck with the run, how's your knee doing?

Really hope it goes okay hun

Well I managed a 30 min run!!! Was very relieved!!! Need to take it slow and not rush my recovery. I am a bit more hopeful about Silverstone :)

Great news, reckon as long as you don't push it too soon you'll be back on track for it in no time

My fingers are crossed for you Shaz, I hope you are on the road to recovery hun. I know how much Silverstone means to you xx

Thanks guys :)
I am not going to push too hard increasing my mileage, but I am going to make sure I cross-train a few times a week. I was guilty of only running, so it must put a strain on your body, using the same muscles all the time. Tonight I will do 60 mins on my bike, then going to Zumba on Friday. So my next run will be Sunday.
Silverstone does mean a lot, but it's more important been able to run long term. I would hate it if I ever had to give it up, due to injury.
Food wise doing good. Although seem to be living on pasta and chicken at the moment. The chicken in pasta sauce was cooked, batched up and frozen. So only takes 3 mins to reheat, the pasta only takes 4 mins to cook. Whole meal under 450 cals and it really fills me up. I am ready for a change now though!!

Back