Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Thanks guys x

Well back home and back on plan. I feel really bloated an sluggish, so I'm so pleased it was a short holiday!
I don't know whether to go for a run today, or wait until 2moro when the bloating should have gone. If I run today I will be able to run on Sunday as well. Will see how I feel later.

No didn't go Claire. I am hoping to do 8 miles 2moro though. I am feeling much better after eating properly all day. Will be so nice to have a proper nights sleep instead of crappy alcohol sleep :)

First day back at work today :-(
Not looking forward to it, but eating healthier is so much easier if your in a routine. I have still been in holiday mode this w/e, so still not properly back on plan. Today is the day to start back properly.
My running is causing bit of a concern though. I only managed 4 miles on Saturday, it was a really bad run. I couldn't seem to get enough breath, so felt really uncomfortable. Shin splints also reared there ugly head, so figured what am I going to achieve by pushing myself. Hoping shin splints is a one off, really don't want that problem again. My 10k race is a week on Sunday and I know I have not put enough training in to get the time I want. For some reason I am not motivated, probably because I don't see it as a challenge.
However I really need to focus, as the Great north run is only about 10 weeks away and I have a lot of mileage to put in before I am ready for that!!!!

Plan the next two weeks will be:
Tues: 4 miles
Thur: 4 miles
Sat: 7 miles
Mon: 3 miles
Wed: 5 miles
Sun: Race day 10k

I can't seem to run further than 3 miles at the moment, no idea what that's about!! Hope the shins are better today. How far is the Great North Run?

Hope your shins improve soon hun and you get the running bug back. I'm sure it's just a blip Shaz. :) x

Thanks guys :)

Great north is half marathon...it seemed a good idea at the time!!! :-(

I went on Xbox Kinect on Sunday. My arms, chest and back are agony!!!!!! Even struggling to pick my little girl up!!!

Should have had a run this morning, but was up several times with my little girl in the night, so will do a run 2moro now.

My shins seem much better today....until I think about them they they twinge.....hypochondriac or what!!! Lol
My day off today so going to do a 10k, probably on the treadmill as its raining quite hard. Will be attempting a pace of a 9.5 min mile, which is quite fast for me, but my goal is to do my 10k in under 60 mins.

I managed a 10k in 57 mins, so very pleased!!!
Also very tired, I managed at least 4.5 miles under 9 min mile pace.
Now somehow need to find the energy to clean the house..!!!!!!

Ooooh I didn't realise you were at goal, how amazing!! Well done you!!

I have had a crappy w/e and consequently my run was a bad one. I am meant to be running this morning and I don't think that will happen now. Really losing my motivation. Not good considering I have a race on Sunday. :-(

Don't know what has gone wrong, I have never had a problem with running before, infact never had a problem with exercise before. Not sure if getting to goal is partly to blame. Afterall that has been my goal for the last 18 mths.
Not sure what to do, maybe a bad race on Sunday will be the kick up the butt I need. I will be pretty gutted, but I only have myself to blame.

I think when Sunday is out the way and my next race only about 7-8 weeks away, a half marathon, it will make me focus. I cannot easily run a half marathon, whereas a 10k does not take that much effort. I lesson has been learnt. Typing this has actually clarified a few things. I am not currently challenged. Training will begin next week for GNR, so things will change I'm sure. :)

Back