Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Could changing your running help too? Run different routes, run outdoors if you're normally on the treadmill. Try and shake things up a bit.

Maybe you just aren't feeling.motivated because you are now at goal. A bit of an anti climax maybe. Im sure you will get you running mojo back soon. Hopefully the great north run will spur things on. X

Just to add to the challenge of racing this w/e, I picked up a bug on Monday. It has completely drained me and I am constantly feeling sick. So no running for me just yet. Hopefully I will still be ok for Sunday though.
My O/H keeps saying its not the end of the world if I don't race, but I hate the thought of just giving up. Once I commit to something I don't give up until I finish it. I have committed to run this race, so I will do my best to complete it and get under 60 mins........ Just need to pass that bit of info onto my body, lol

Don't be too hard on yourself Shaz. You are poorly and these things can't be helped. I know you don't like to give up, but some things can't be helped. ((((hugs)))) :) xxx

Feeling better today, so hopeful I can race on Sunday. I am certainly going to give it my best, although I have accepted the fact I will not get the time I want. I need to run 10k to start my half marathon training, so that's what this race will be, a lovely run around the streets of London in preparation for GNR.
Ok realistically I will give it every thing I have on the day. Either I have it or I don't, I'm not going to dwell too much as long as I try my best.
Now I need to try my race t-shirt on, this time u have to wear the event shirt. I'm not complaining as its pretty cool. Hopefully it will fit..!!

Good luck you Inspired me to run today and finally ran 3k in under 20 mins so thankyou and good luck tommorrow

Just come on quickly to wish you loads of luck for tomorrow hun. You can do it shaz! :) xxx

Thanks for your messages, really nice to have your support. :)

It is certainly going to be a wet race, but hopefully an enjoyable one.
The hotel are doing a special breakfast for us, as they don't start serving until 8.00 and we need to have left the hotel by then.
I am a little nervous, a little uncertain of my fitness level I guess. I just need to remember this is not a competitive race, just a run in very nice surroundings. My main focus is GNR.

Dd82 - that's great, well done!! :)

Good luck today! can't wait to hear how it goes x

Race finished and I'm fairly happy...!!
My GPS watch packed up after the 1st mile due to the rain, so I had no idea what my time or pace was, which was really weird and very annoying. My official time was 60:46, so only missed out by 46 secs!!!!

Feeling rather tired now, but going for food and a nice cold beer now :) I will sign up for another 10k so I can do it under 60 mins.....!!!!

Well done you , how annoying about the watch , you did amazing I am trying to catch up with you lol

WG - More a kick up the bum I desperately needed...!!!! Lol

I should have found this run so easy, but I didn't. Its amazing to think it was only 8 weeks since I ran a half marathon, that my fitness has dropped so much in such a short space of time. I need to stay focused now and build back ready for GNR in September.

I am having a fantastic w/e with O/H, so nice to spend quality time together. Missing my daughter loads, but I know she is having lots of fun with my family. My legs feel like they are about to drop off with all the walking and the run yesterday!!

Back