Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Hope you have a great 'you' day today, enjoy it! Sorry to hear about your car, think I'm going to have to get a new one soon unfortunately. Not looking forward to it!

My Friday run just didn't happen, I decided to clean the whole house instead. When I had finished the rain came down...!! Was not impressed with myself.
However I made up for it yesterday and ran 8 miles. Feel quite relieved, as was starting to think I had messed things up for GNR. As long as I don't miss any training now, then I should be fine. :)
On Sat I did the Warner Bros Tour. I was so impressed, the sets looked fantastic. Would certainly recommend going.

This weeks exercise plan:
Mon: Kettleworx
Tues: Run 2 miles
Wed: Run 5 miles
Thu: Kettleworx
Fri : Rest
Sat: Run 9 miles
Sun: Kettleworx

Feeling very tired, but up and dressed ready for my 5 mile run. Thinking I must be mad ...!!!

Yeah, but I feel so much better for it now :)

Today's plan is washing, cleaning and then chill out in the garden. :)

Today is our Olympics party!! I am not drinking though as I'm running tomorrow morning. I was meant to be running 10 miles, but my nephew has asked if he can come with me, so going to do 6 miles tomorrow and then a 10 mile next w/e.

Food wise I am doing baked potatoes, salad, & party food. So going to avoid the party food as much as I can. It looks like the weather is going to hold out, which makes it easier as we have 17 people at the party, would be a struggle having everyone in the house!!!

Have a fab time, everything sounds so delicious and tempting. Enjoy your run tomorrow, how nice that your nephew is coming with you. How old is he? :) xx

We had a great party, unfortunately stuck to none of my rules, lol. Hangover yesterday, no run and lots of junk food.........will I ever learn????

I have made a decision to defer my place for GNR until next year. It is mainly down to finances. The cost for accommodation and race transfers was over £200!! Now we have had to replace my car, we just don't have the spare money at the moment. I am also struggling with my training and stressing myself out. So the decision is made, I'm not happy, but it has to be done.
My motivation now is to do a half marathon in October sometime (not a race) and maybe another towards the end of the year. My goal is to complete a half marathon under 2hrs!!

Morning Shazz, glad to hear the party went well. Sorry you are having to defer your GNR place, but at least it takes some stress off. Are you running this morning? Have a good day xx

Everything happens for a reason Shaz. Next year you will be stronger and faster. :)

So pleased the party was fab. Hope your head is ok now ;) xxx

£200 to do a run is an awful lot of money, I don't blame you for putting it off!

Thats annoying but it'll have happened for a reason. Reading your thread makes me want my motivation for exercise back!

Thanks everyone for your supportive comments.
I'm still pretty gutted about pulling out of the race, but we just don't have the spare money at the moment.
I'm a little concerned that my motivation will go now, as its the first time I have not had a race to train for. My next one is not until March.
My goal is to complete a half marathon within 2 hrs before the end of the year. That's what I need to focus on. The date I have given myself for my first attempt is 28th October.
I am going for a run in a few mins, will only be 3 miles though as I have so much to do today. It's my day off, normally I have Wednesdays off, but had to change to Thursday this week.

Back