Shazzabir CC Journey to 9st!

Yesterday I did 40 mins of HIIT on the treadmill. Instead of using the timer to say when to stop and start, I used my HRM. I ran until my heart beat got to 182bpm, stayed there for 10 secs, then slowed to a walk until I got down to 135bpm, then ran back up to 182bpm. Did this for 40 mins. Was a fantastic workout. Instead of feeling tired I felt energised and full of adrenaline. I read a book over the w/e about HIIT, saying how much more you burn over normal cardio and judging by the state of my wet clothes I would certainly agree!!! Also made a nice change.

That's really how you're meant to do HIIT, it's about your heart rate, not just the time. Definitely a better workout, well done!

Didn't realise I had been away for so long. I really do need to make more of an effort, as I feel more focused when I come on here.
Well I have decided to cut out the alcohol for a while. I am getting fed up of the hangovers and the junk food that follows. I want to concentrate on my running and drinking Fri & Sat nights is not helping!
I have gone through my first w/e without a drink and to be honest it didn't bother me at all. Infact I felt great, waking up refreshed each morning. Also got a run in on Sunday :)
Scratch is doing great, he is starting to do a few tricks now. He is starting to get some long legs!!

Hi Shazz. No alcohol sounds like a good idea, think that's probably the biggest problem for anyone trying to lose weight. So many empty calories in it it's ridiculous, bloats you out and dehydrates you too. Glad to have you back :)

Well done on your first weekend alcohol free Shaz! I think you will notice a massive difference, as you said you woke up feeling great and refreshed instead of tired and groggy.

I think we need some more pictures of Scratch. :)

I am up ready to go for a run. Will only be 2-3 miles as might be running 2moro.

I am still alcohol free and certainly feeling the benefits of it still.
I went out for a family meal on Wednesday, normally I would have had a few drinks, but this time had coke instead. I still had a good time and no hangover to deal with.....fab!!!
I have not told friends I am giving up the alcohol yet, I expect they will make a big joke of it and tell me to get a drink down me.

18 months, that's great!! Any tips on the early stages?

Have been really busy this last week. We are looking at moving house, so spent the last few days de-cluttering the house and looking for suitable houses to view.
Running has once again taken a back seat, which I am not happy about, but there are only so many hours in a day and I get up 04:45 now anyway.

I am going to try and go for a run in the morning, as I need to de-stress. Running is the best way to get stress out of my system. I always feel great afterwards. Need to be up at 04:15 to fit it in though, so hopefully I can drag myself out of bed !!

Don't move house, it's horrible!!

Kind of coming to that conclusion Caroline!!

We are now considering an extension to make our house a bit bigger, would certainly be less hassle and a lot cheaper! x

My running has come to a stop at the moment. I am struggling a lot with motivation and time. A kick up the bun is what I need.!!
I am planning to run 2moro, got a feeling I am going to have so go back down to a 5k and work my way back up again. I'm disappointed with myself, it was only 5 months ago I was running a half marathon. One thing in my favour is, I have a lot of determination. Once my mind is focused nothing stops me. Just need to get back in the zone somehow.

You'll get back there! Just get back into it :)

Yes managed a 4 mile run...!! Found it fairly easy too, although was on a treadmill.
I probably could have gone another mile, but didn't want to risk injury. Feeling much more optimistic now.....I will be running a half marathon again!!!!! :) :)
Thanks guys for your support, it really does help :)

Back