Step 1 Sole Source Sherry's Diary - last and final attempt.

Sherry_yz

Hi, I'm sherry. Been on the Cambridge diet before and lost quite a bit. I have put on almost all the weight lost and I'm determined to loose all the weight by September 2013.

Ive been married for a little over a year, no kids yet. Been to the the doctors and was asked to loose weight as he says I have PCOS (periods come once every 2-3 months). Its been really hard for me and wondering why I could not just conceive easily like almost everyone else. Basically, having babies is one of the reasons I am re-starting as well as being un-fit. I turn 30 in 10 days (hoping I can loose 10lbs-14lbs before it comes).

I started on Thursday weighing 229.6lbs, struggling a bit so I'm hoping keeping a diary would really help. I need all the motivation and support I can get. My target weight is 165lbs.
I'll set some mini goals later today.

I'm normally really busy on work days but I ensure I come on here daily.

Thank you to everyone that would read this diary as well as make comments.

Definitely.

Welcome to the group.

Is this your first time on CD?

Good luck with your diet.

Done Cambridge before but stopped after few weeks cos needed high carbs because I was training for a marathon/triathlons.

No exercise now because put on so much weight, so going to give it another whirl. It does work!

Good luck Sherry! This site is great for helping your motivation when you find yourself wobbling or unsure. You can do it!

Done Cambridge before but stopped after few weeks cos needed high carbs because I was training for a marathon/triathlons.

No exercise now because put on so much weight, so going to give it another whirl. It does work!

Yeah it really does work. Hoping this goes well for us :D

Had a crazy weekend, tons of cooking et al. I think I should have waited till after the weekend knowing how crazy it would be. Had a ss+ day today, it should hopefully ease me into tomorrow. All parties, engagement, social life have now been cancelled till further notice. Weigh in still remains Thursday but not expecting a lot of losses @ least for this week.

Work was crazy, tomorrow would be awesome as hubby would be back, he's been away on business for a couple of days now.

Thanks Hun. How's your diet going?

Today went fabulously well. Had toffee n walnut for breakfast, strawberry for lunch and maple n pecan for dinner. Had tooooons of water. Already having crazy headaches arrrghhh. Hoping ketosis sets in soon.

Hubby is back so something to be excited about

Hope it is going okay to all you new CD starters... Iv just reached a loss of 6 stone following CD with a BMI of 21..

There were points of wanting to quit but honestly keep going!!! It's so motivating when you begin to see the losses!! If I can be of any help/encouragement I'd love to give something back! :)

Everything will be worth it when you look in the mirror at a different you! Xxx

Wow! Sarahdramateacher that's amazing!!!! Thanks for the motivation I totally needed that.

I see I'm about the same weight you were when you started 66lbs so should hopefully be done in no time

Honestly... I was always ..."I'm just a big boned girl" "I'll never be smaller than a 14... My body just wouldn't let me".. Then I'd eat my body weight in dominos pizza - and kebabs... Totally ignoring the fact that I probably could do something about my weight. But I made excuse after excuse...

Hated salad. Hated exercise. Hated even thinking about my weight. Was oblivious to the fact I was obese... Well I wasn't oblivious I just chose to ignore that and thought "I'm just tall.. It's my height!"

Then in October thought I'm goin to try and sort it as I'm getting married in august this year in Cyprus and don't want be a flabby bride in a bikini in front of my hubby to be's friends. So chose to try CD!! Lost size stone... From a size 22 to a size 10/12 and now do an hours work out everyday for toning (note the 5.23 reply!) and have a diet of salad an fruit pretty much

Honest any help or questions I can help with please do contact me! I also have recorded my food diary for all stages of the Cambridge diet including recipes with calories and times so that I never went wrong... So have plans for 810, 1000, 1200 and 1500 with all the food I ate every day on a two week cycle if that will help anyone.

Hope your doing okay and good luck today - it looks a nice day so blend your shakes with tones and tones of ice and a tiny bit of water makes a lush slush milkshake... Be nice in the sunshine xxx

That would be great Sarah. I always make excuses for myself. I ran 3 marathons n did 3 triathlons last year and I was still overweight. Pretended it was muscle-weight! Deluded or what?! So you're my inspiration to get my BMI into the 20-23 stage :) ill pm my email if that's ok?

Have a great day mrs :) x

Wow ...everyone is doing fabulous! I personally would love recipes for when going up the stages. I am trying to think of good approaches when back to eating as I have unfortunately blown it before. I'm not a kidder though - I know exactly how I ended up as big as I was, I just need to be able to change my habits without feeling like I'm in denial all the time. Keep it going, we'll get there!

Oh Sarah! Thanks for offering to help and motivate us, would definitely holla when help is needed.

I think we are always in denial of how big we are until we see a picture or go shopping for something new. For maintenance you just have salads and fruits?

Today went great had the lactose free choc and cappuccino would be having dinner in a bit.

How was everyone else's?

Oh! Forgot to mention my weigh in is tomorrow, not expecting a great loss as my first 4 days were CRAP and officially started on Monday.

Headaches not as bad but I get sooooo cold at the slightest opportunity, can't wait for this phase to be over

Back