Sherry's Diary - No need to knock. Come on in! :D

Hiya Sherry

Sounds like you are going at it all guns blazing this week! Good for you! The online planning membership sounds really handy!! I'm just so reluctant to switch from discover to pro points, purely because I know discover so well and its working! If I feel I'm hitting a wall I might think about changing over!

Anyhoo, hope you've had a good Friday and looking forward to the weekend..I know I am! x

Hey Lovely! How are ya? I can't recommend the Pro Points enough....it's really good and it'll be the same for you if you change over. You get to pig out at weekends too! Haha. I had 7 vodkas last night and it came off my 49 points that you get for indulgence! Marvellous!!

Last night was out with a group of friends to see an Aberdeen band that reformed. They're called The Bloody Mary's and broke up November 1995. They sing all the old Take That and Abba and stuff but they're in drag. (Youtube them!) They were great. High heels suck though, two toes still numb! Haha.

Looking forward to my Indian tonight! Oh yeah! Haha. Run tomorrow too I think! Gawd what's happening to me? Lol. xx

Hiya hon

Sounds like you had a good night last night and a sure sign is sore feet ha! I'm going to check out the Bloody Marys just now!!

Hope you've enjoyed your indian tonight ya lucky thing you!! oh and good luck with your running tomorrow! Your new running group sounds great and v.motivating! x

Didn't go running....boo hoo. The clocks going forward have knocked me off my stott! Haha. So gonna finish the ironing (if I ever put this laptop down!) and then gonna go to Morrisons to get a couple of £13 Litres of Smirnoff (bargain!!) Fajitas for tea. :)

How was your weekend? xx
:D

Hope you enjoyed yer fajhitas last night with a few wee smirnoffs to wash them down??

P.S I'm loving your little signature thing with the lovehearts!! One day we'll all be there!! Positive Mental Attitude!! x

Went running last night. I can say I've noticed an improvement and managed to run more but I think I've hurt my hip. It's a bit tender today. Out running again tonight so I may have to pop a couple of nurofen before I go. Also running Friday and Sunday with a bit of luck. I need to run loads to shed this weight. Diet alone isn't gonna do it and I know when the weight starts to come off, I'm gonna be able to run a whole lot better too.

Diet this past has been fine but I've found I'm steering toward having low fat chips and a banana with breakfast where I found my weight loss better if I just stear clear from those things. So despite being within my points, I don't think they're doing me any favours - high on Carbs. So I'm avoiding them again. Once in a while would be fine but I'll stick to my raisins in the morning and then low carbs at tea time. That's the plan. Easy to fall back into old bad habits eh? Chips are the devil! Lol. x

What's everyone's thoughts on Cous Cous? :)

Also low points meal in a chinese restaurant? Ideas anyone?

BTW, weigh in day for me is Thursday this week as I'm going to the Theatre tomorrow night to see Hairspray! So I'll miss my weigh in but will go to an express weigh in on Thursday lunchtime. Thursday night X Factor (cba!!!) :)

What's everyone's thoughts on Cous Cous? :)

Also low points meal in a chinese restaurant? Ideas anyone?

BTW, weigh in day for me is Thursday this week as I'm going to the Theatre tomorrow night to see Hairspray! So I'll miss my weigh in but will go to an express weigh in on Thursday lunchtime. Thursday night X Factor (cba!!!) :)

Just been having a litttle think about cous cous....I do like it but I haven't a clue what to do with it?? I tend to cook with with a veg stock cube then add a wee bit feta cheese, but its awful boring!! Not fully decided whether I can be bothered with it or not!!

You've prob had your chinese by now but if not, chow mein or chop suey are good points wise. Most chinese food isn't too bad, just the fried rice you need to watch out for.

Good luck tomorrow for you WI..hope you are enjoying the theatre. Hairspray is fab, we went to see it last year in Glasgow, loved it! Is it still Michael Ball who is in it? He was brilliant!!

Oh and get you with all your running!! You are putting me to shame..well done though, you sound like you are in the zone! x

Just been having a litttle think about cous cous....I do like it but I haven't a clue what to do with it?? I tend to cook with with a veg stock cube then add a wee bit feta cheese, but its awful boring!! Not fully decided whether I can be bothered with it or not!!

You've prob had your chinese by now but if not, chow mein or chop suey are good points wise. Most chinese food isn't too bad, just the fried rice you need to watch out for.

Good luck tomorrow for you WI..hope you are enjoying the theatre. Hairspray is fab, we went to see it last year in Glasgow, loved it! Is it still Michael Ball who is in it? He was brilliant!!

Oh and get you with all your running!! You are putting me to shame..well done though, you sound like you are in the zone! x

I buy the Ainsley Harriot packets of spiced Cous Cous. Half the packet and add 70mls of boiling water and cover it and leave it for a few minutes. Then I stick it in the micro for 20 seconds to give it a blast. It's only 2 points for half the packet and he does some good ones. Morrocan Spice or Thai Spice etc. Not so bad. Trying alternatives to chips, potatoes or rice at tea time. Too high in points!! So cous cous does the trick.

Hairspray was amazing! Really loved it!! No it was Sinbad from Brookside who was playing Mrs Turnblatt. He was really good. Mickey Dolenz from the Monkeys was Mr Turnblatt. Corny Colins was the guy who won the part as Danny Zucko in Grease is the word that was on the TV a couple of years ago. Was amazing - I just loved it.

I had my tea but it did't go according to plan. I was going to have Hot 'n Sour Soup (4 points) and Special Chow Mein (9) but we had one those Groupon Vouchers so I ended up with the soup and then Sweet Chilli Chicken with some noodles and rice. Also a white wine spritzer. Was lovely though and a fine change. X Factor tomorrow - seriously cannot be bothered. Meh!! :)

Running - I know but when I'm running I hate it. Because I'm not back where I was. I've joined my new jog scotland club and they're ace so they're helping me get up there. I can't get breath...it's shocking and I run as fast as a snail. It's quite embarrassing! Never mind, I'll get there eventually. Supposed to be doing the Balmoral 10k in like 3 weeks....think I'll have to walk most of it! Lol. Ach, it's the taking part that counts eh? Lol.

xx

Ooooh X factor tonight eh? Bet it's a great wee night! Glad you enjoyed hairspray..I loved it too when I saw it!

I wouldn't worry too much about your chinese, doesn't sound too bad at all, bet it'll be fine.

I think I may invest in some of the ainsley harriot cous cous. I'm the same always looking for another alternative to potatoes/rice especially day or two before WI!

I also run soooo slow!! Even when I felt I was at my fittest and running all the time, I always ran at snail pace. I sometimes thought it would be much quicker walking!! Keep it up, it'll be worth it!

Hope yer having a fab night x

Do ya really? Oh I'm glad to hear that! There are other groups, one in particular who go running too and they do 6 miles in an hour! I don't think I'll ever be in that group - wish I could but that's just unreal. Haha. Oh you made me feel better. Haha.

X Factor was good but Mary and Katie weren't singing. Ill I think - not that I was bothered. Took loadsa photos so I'll bung then on FB when I get a minute. We were 4 rows from the front in the middle so it was good.

I'm shattered.....what a long day it's been!!

OMG - can't believe I forgot to mention I put on half a pound! I'm not a happy camper I tell ya! 13 miles I've ran in the last 8 days. Oh I could cry! My good living catching up with me I think! Lol.

OK, time for bed - I'm shattered. Night night luv. xx

I'm not putting my shiney 7 back....it's staying for next week! :D

Good evening Corsa buddy!! Hope yer good and things going well with ww?! x

Good evening Corsa buddy!! Hope yer good and things going well with ww?! x

9lbs Jo!! I'm so chuffed! That's me got my 5%...hell yeah. Long may it continue.. I will be a svelt goddess with buns of steel! :)

xx

Hell yeah indeed!! That's just bloomin brilliant!! We'll be like two slim jims scooting about in our fab wee cars!!! Keep up the good work chick xx

Gary said to me tonight "hey, got £16 grand??"...looking at 4 x 4's in the paper! Lol. My reply "aye, in my back pocket!!" - donut!! :) We'll get one though...watch this space. After my bathroom is done! Haha. No holidays this year - meh! :( xx

Hi Sherry! Hope you don't mind me popping in... I'm fairly new to the site, and brand new to WW so looking for inspiration :)

Oooh I'd love a 4X4 - Range Rover Sport would be nice ;) I think they are around the £60k mark though, so not much hope for us!! x

Hi Sherry! Hope you don't mind me popping in... I'm fairly new to the site, and brand new to WW so looking for inspiration :)

Oooh I'd love a 4X4 - Range Rover Sport would be nice ;) I think they are around the £60k mark though, so not much hope for us!! x

Hiya Lauryn, my sister had a Range Rover Sport - it was orange. Lovely! I felt like I was being driven about on stilts cuz it's so high up! Haha. Very luxurious though. Any 4 x 4 will do me to be honest cuz the weather in Scotland is so cruel in the wintertime...driving my Corsa through 2ft of snow is terrifying. Eek!! :eek: My husband has a Lexus...it's worse!! So yeah, defo a car that can kick the snow's ass for next winter! Lol. x

Welcome to Minimins....fabulous website for meeting people and encouragment along the way. Feel free to join in and post anytime. :) xx

Back