Sherry's Diary - No need to knock. Come on in! :D

Congratulations on the job! That's brilliant news!!! I will be travelling up just to be greeted by you! What a great job! I would love that! Where was it advertised?

I phoned all the local Asdas about 6 weeks ago and one said that they recruit in cycles. Next cycle starts beginning of March and I asked if this was the case for all the Aberdeen Asdas and she said Yes. So I have one favourite store. It's only a dinky little local store in the Bridge of Don so I called there, went over and filled in an application and I got a call the same day asking me to come in and then a call the same day as I did go in to ask me to go for an interview and then a call the same day I got the interview to say I had to the job. A to Z in 4 days! Yowza! Anyhoo, the greeter thing was such a fluke cuz I really applied for checkout and she smiled at me and said there was a 2 to 5 shift as the greeter (as if to say "we know you'd be good at this" and "we know you wanna do this") so I said "Aw shucks, okay!" So there you have it. 2 Phone calls and a wee drive over to Bridge of Don - that was it. Sorted. Dya reckon I'll get the dunt if I start singing Sweet Caroline on the Mic........ kinda get the customers going? Haha! Jokin. :8855:

So it's Greeter on a Sunday and Checkouts Monday morning and Thursday morning. Only 10.5 hours but that's perfect for me. It won't take over my life.

Well done Sherry on the job - what are you like crying on an interview!! You'll have to post us all the special offers from Asdas
Have a good evening.

Oh don't worry - I'm lovin a bargain so I'll be updatin with whatever I think is unmissable. ;D

Last edited:
oh sherry thats brill about the job and poor you with the trots....will burn off calories and i too think that had you 'gone' before you weighed in you would be singing a different tune! as peter kay says you can s**t a pound!

yeah asda bargains please! i like a good saving!
suz x

oh sherry thats brill about the job and poor you with the trots....will burn off calories and i too think that had you 'gone' before you weighed in you would be singing a different tune! as peter kay says you can s**t a pound!

yeah asda bargains please! i like a good saving!
suz x

Put money on it being more than a pound Suz! Ha! All good though. Just had a Good For You Bhuna with a little corner of Peshwari Naan! Lush! No sore tums so far. Think the worst of it has gone. I'm so gonna lose 2.5 or more next week cuz I want my first stone!! Work it baby, work it! Walking, Line Dancing and Jazzersize next week. Kickin ass!

S.x

Anybody heard of Acidopholis? I've heard it's like tablet form of Actimel and full of millions apon millions of bacteria. Really good for your tummy tum. So now the Benefiber (making the sign of a cross) has been kicked to the smelly chopped onion kerb, I've ordered some of these in good faith that they gonna do just the trick. Will keep ya posted.

S.x

Good news about the job, thort of asda myself but the school suits cos i get all the holidays off with the girls-tho i have heard asda quite good with fitting around famillies-you'll have to let me know once you're in there

Hiya i worked for Asda a while ago they are a great company to work for and the staff are great too.
Good Luck with it and most of all enjoy.xx

you kick ass girl and the curry souns yummy!

What a beautiful sunny day it is here in Aberdeen today! It's like summer - but it's only 8 degrees but it really is gorgeous! Also, second reason for my cheeriness........... my other best mate Susie Wong (got 2 best budz cuz I'm greedy!) has been battling Ovarian Cancer since 1st August last year (my 40th Birthday!!). Anyhoo, after 3 chemos, a fully hysterectomy and partial bowel removal, another 3 chemos........ she phoned today to say she's cancer free!!!!! She had a scan Monday and got the results this morning! I'm so happy! I can't stop crying! You know me, any excuse! I'm crying typing this! I was so worried I was gonna lose her. Oh the relief! It's a happy day laydeez. Time to celebrate. Yeehaw!!!

S.x

Good news about the job, thort of asda myself but the school suits cos i get all the holidays off with the girls-tho i have heard asda quite good with fitting around famillies-you'll have to let me know once you're in there

I'm fortunate now cuz my kids aren't so little now. My 14 year old is now legal age to watch the 10 year old so I can go to work in the school holidays and they'll have only been out of bed a couple of hours by the time I get home. They're good kids and I know they're not stupid enough to light matches (not that I have any) or be silly while I'm not in. Will definately let you know how it goes. So far Brenda from Asda has phoned me about 5 times and she's lovely! Hope everybody else is. They seem to be, it's such a small local friendly store.

Hiya i worked for Asda a while ago they are a great company to work for and the staff are great too.
Good Luck with it and most of all enjoy.xx

There's lots going on behind the scenes too. Alot of discounts off car insurance, holidays etc, saving schemes, health plans, legal cover.......... nights out!!! I've been self employed for so long, I've not been on a staff night out for years. Christmas - I'm finally in! I've been doing hair 'n nails every christmas for years and people will speak about going out with work. Not me! :cry: Now I can join in! Yipee! Haha!

Will keep ya all posted how it's going.

Sunday gotta go in at 2pm for an Induction. Wednesday I gotta go in at 1pm for Till training and I start at 9.30 Thursday where I'll get a wee bit of checkouts and greeter experience and then Sunday it's all on me! Oh my giddy aunt! Bring it on! When it's all new it's scarey (fear of the unknown), I'll kick it's ass though, no worries! :D

I wish I lived near you, it would be well funny having you greet. Any greeters in supermarkets near me are right grumblers or the security guard!! So glad about your friend, know what the worries like. My hubby was diagnosed with lung tumour day before we were meant to go on hols last year. Had to cancel hols and in and out of hosp for few months. Great result not malignant - a miracle the docs said. Clear to go back in 6 months. Just shows if it is diagnosed you can come through :)

So pleased for your friend, and you'll be having one hell of a weekend celebrating i take it??? !!

omg thats really brilliant about your friend!

Hey Sherry

Brill news about your friend!!! Its really nice to get some good news about things like that! Your friend must be feeling really good!

Have you got your uniform for asda yet?? Those green fleeces are the business,lol!

x

Well done on the job thats fantastic :party0049:

Oh nice one about job!!! I love the little greeter at my local asda he is such a little sweetheart!!

Is that the wee grey haired man at Govan??

Congratulations on the job! That's brilliant news!!! I will be travelling up just to be greeted by you! What a great job! I would love that! Where was it advertised?

Yay!! Road trip!!!

Now it's never been confirmed and forgive me for seeming a bit dense but........ dya think I'm getting paid for this Induction and training I'll be doing? Nobody's even mentioned it. To be honest I don't wanna spend time there if I'm not getting paid - I got a life! Haha! Opinions anyone?

Hey Sherry

Brill news about your friend!!! Its really nice to get some good news about things like that! Your friend must be feeling really good!

Have you got your uniform for asda yet?? Those green fleeces are the business,lol!

x

Thanks Joanne. No I haven't go me uniform yet. They did ask my sizes yesterday though and I said it's all weight watchers depending and they said they're easily changed for smaller size. Boost!
I've also gotta wear long sleeves cuz when I was in Magalluf for my 40th, I got a tattoo on my arm, just up from the side of my hand. Only about 1.5 inches but I gotta hide it. WTF?! No biggy though. Snazzy fleeces 'n gilets. Gotta go 'n get me some black shoes. Was looking at Lacoste 'n KSwiss black trainers. But then again, maybe I should look more like a laydeeeee eh? Pumps........ to show off my fat thighs 'n big bum! Joy!

S.x

Hope this week is good for you Sherry and that Asda goes well

M

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.

"Good Afternooon ladies 'n gentlemen, my name is Sherry and I'll be your greeter for this afternoon" - why hey!

Anyhoo, don't know what's wrong with me but I'm having that hungry couple of days where I could just eat 'n eat 'n eat. Snack a jacks have been munched (think I've had 5) and that was over and above my lunch. :copon: I am so hugry - wish there was an instant cure. Me 'n Gary just shared a big bag of Thai Sweet Chilli Sensations with Spicy Salsa Dip! That was about 20 mins ago. I'm still hungry! Fink I got worms!!!

Help Me!!

I just read your post and I think I got them too!:) The same symptoms: hungry, hungry, hungry! It must be worms!:)

I know eh? Something is to blame for my constant grazing! I've weighed myself today and gained! I've not been on track all week. I'm def one of those who binges after TOTM!! So I've woke up today, had a large breakfast because I'll be at Asda from 2pm and won't get home till bout 6pm so I won't eat till tea time. Then I though, what if I have a large breakfast everyday, maybe it'll curb the impulse to start picking later on.......... then I thought, if it's later on that's the problem, maybe I should have a big lunch and then realised I had a big lunch yesterday but by 9pm I was climbing the walls 'n sniffing out goodies like a blood hound! HELP ME!!!!

When I'm at Asda today I'm gonna go get some cauliflower and wholegrain mustard so I can make some soup.

Worry about me you know.

x

P.S Haven't BEEN for 3 days..... could be responsible for the gain.

Back