Sherry's Diary - No need to knock. Come on in! :D

Hiya

Firstly, Sandy, yes the wee grey haired man at govan, isn't he just the business, I can here is voice now..."good evening everybody, today on offer"...LOL!

Talk about having the munchies Sherry, i've been terrible for the past few weeks, had to write in my food diary yesterday everytime i started picking to shame myself into stopping!!! I found myself grazing in a bag of full fat grated cheese - oh dear god!! That could have been a disaster, cheese is my downfall! Having said that tho ive been trying bloomin hard this week so if i haven't lost that 1.5lbs ill go off my head!!!

The cauliflower and cheese soup is gorg, couldn't wait for it to be today so i could have another bowl!!!!!! What a sado, my whole life revolves round food!!

Anyhoo, good luck with asda today, yeyh i reckon you'll get paid for your induction and training, they couldn't possibly ask you to do it for free!! Do you think pumps emphasise your bum and thighs?? Ive often wondered what it is about pumps i just don't like, maybe thats it!!

x

Hiya

Firstly, Sandy, yes the wee grey haired man at govan, isn't he just the business, I can here is voice now..."good evening everybody, today on offer"...LOL!

Talk about having the munchies Sherry, i've been terrible for the past few weeks, had to write in my food diary yesterday everytime i started picking to shame myself into stopping!!! I found myself grazing in a bag of full fat grated cheese - oh dear god!! That could have been a disaster, cheese is my downfall! Having said that tho ive been trying bloomin hard this week so if i haven't lost that 1.5lbs ill go off my head!!!

The cauliflower and cheese soup is gorg, couldn't wait for it to be today so i could have another bowl!!!!!! What a sado, my whole life revolves round food!!

Anyhoo, good luck with asda today, yeyh i reckon you'll get paid for your induction and training, they couldn't possibly ask you to do it for free!! Do you think pumps emphasise your bum and thighs?? Ive often wondered what it is about pumps i just don't like, maybe thats it!!

x

Why do you have full fat grated cheese in your fridge? I'm gonna make the soup with low fat cheese - I can't bring myself to use full fat. I'm so picky with cheese cuz I can take it or leave it but if we're talking about chocolate then that's a different story. That's my passion, my friend, my confidant! haha. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!

Pumps....... well any flats really. I wear trainers or uggs all day but with jeans and that doesn't bother me. But with trousers I have an impulse to wear heels and if not then I feel that I'm all backside 'n thighs....... gotta lose another stone before that feeling goes away....... so, kickin ass!

Had weetabix (4) for my breakfast and then I'll have roast chicken breast for me tea. Gotta be good! Gotta be good. Really want 2.5lbs lost for Wednesday cuz that's my stone!

Pray for me people.

xx

hey sherry, hope that asda goes well and that you have fun :) blimey 3 days wi out going, id be climbing the walls think im on day 2 and its annoying me already!! haha
that soup sounds yummy is it in the recipie thread? will have to have a nosey.
im with you girls on this being hungry all the time..yesterday i just grazed lol and just kept looking for more.

best of luck for wednesday....hope that your manage to get rid of the junk in your trunk before then and manage to get your first stone!

suz x

I have every faith in you that you'll lose your stone!!! (so long as you go that is!!!)

Think i might make the soup with half fat cheese next time, although i think the full fat cheese is what makes it so
deee liii shusss!!!!!

Now i'd happily swap a choccie biscuit or bar for a wee babybel!!! Must stop thinking about cheese!!!! There is a half full bag sitting in the fridge shouting on me!! Need to just throw it in the bin i think!!

Hope you're havin a blast at asda, spk soon

x

Hi Sherry, well done on getting your new job. Sounds like you will have to be mega disciplined not to say things into that mic that are totally inappropriate in a small asda!!:D

Love your new avatar - you look really young.

Dya know what? They're not fleeces! They look like fleeces but they're not! They're fleecy inside but like nylon kinda material on the outside. Anyhoo, they're in the washin machine cuz I want them fresh 'n smellin of Blue Comfort for my till training on Wednesday.

The induction was long winded.......... zzzzzzzzzz. Video upon video of health 'n safety, no prejudice, service to customer, Asda's aims 'n expectations...... 5 hours!!! OMG. Glad that's over.

Bought shoes today (and a pair of jammies - not that I'll be wearing them to work) so I'm sorted for officially starting on Wednesday. Hope the training doesn't take 5 hours too. I've got my weigh in Wednesday night. Better not be too late.

Went to get wholegrain mustard today and MY Asda didn't have it..... bit miffed...... cauliflower soup is gonna have to wait. Dammit!

xoxo

Last edited:
Hi Sherry, well done on getting your new job. Sounds like you will have to be mega disciplined not to say things into that mic that are totally inappropriate in a small asda!!:D

Love your new avatar - you look really young.

Waddya mean I look really young?? :copon: I AM really young!!! :eek:

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Younger than you are then!!!! Gosh, can a girl not take a compliment anymore ;)

Its a really nice pic all the same - whatever age you are or look. (have I redeemed myself???) xx

Younger than you are then!!!! Gosh, can a girl not take a compliment anymore ;)

Its a really nice pic all the same - whatever age you are or look. (have I redeemed myself???) xx

Thanks, I was only pullin' yer puddin! ;)
You have redeemed yourself fully. Haha! xoxo

Wot??? No whole grain mustard in Asda??? Well thats clearly your first mission as an asda employee - making sure the shelves get fully stocked with wholegrain mustard!!

Shame first day was a bit dull, most first days at any new place tend to be v.dull anyway. My bf started new job a couple of weeks ago and he says he has been pestered constantly with people carrying out health and safety checks, asking him about how he sits, it he uses his mouse rest, does he take break from comp??? The world of work has gone mad!!!

Anyway question on everyone's lips is what kinda shoes you get?? heels, pumps?? Do tell!!

x

Wot??? No whole grain mustard in Asda??? Well thats clearly your first mission as an asda employee - making sure the shelves get fully stocked with wholegrain mustard!!

Shame first day was a bit dull, most first days at any new place tend to be v.dull anyway. My bf started new job a couple of weeks ago and he says he has been pestered constantly with people carrying out health and safety checks, asking him about how he sits, it he uses his mouse rest, does he take break from comp??? The world of work has gone mad!!!

Anyway question on everyone's lips is what kinda shoes you get?? heels, pumps?? Do tell!!

x

I know eh? No wholegrain mustard! Bloody liberty innit? It's only a wee local store in it's defense so we can't expect it to stock everything.

It wasn't really my first day cuz we were stuck up the stairs the whole time. I'm till training Wednesday from 1pm (dunno how long for) but I'll be in my uniform on the shop floor at a till practising. Eek! Thursday I'll be thrown in the deep end 'n doing a bit of Greeter training too.

I had a client pop in past today for a set of straighteners (I sell She's) and she had really comfy looking black shoes on and I asked her where she got them cuz they were perfect. Would ya believe she got them at Asda. So I picked Dad up (cuz he was bored) and drove over..... they didn't have any! Must've been one of the bigger stores she bought them from. But I did manage to buy a pair of comfy pumps wi two wee buckles on the front. £10 - better than a poke in the eye! Next time you're into Asda you'll see them. V. comfy though.

So I'm all set. Shoes bought. Uniform washed, smelling fresh and ironed, waiting for Wednesday.

Speaking of ironing........ is there a better feeling than when you've just ironed a massive pile? Curly hair, glowing slightly but all done. Yay!

oh gawd, lets not talk about ironing, ive not ironed for about 2 weeks :eek: the pile is taller than me - no joke!! I get really sick of having to pull out the iron every morning then put it away just to iron a few things!!!! If i weren't feeling so lazy i could have had it done! Manyana!!

Must look out for the wee pumps, waiting for spring to come for real then i can get the summery shoes back on instead of the tights and boots that seem to have been stuck to me for about 10 blinkin months!!! Hurry up summer time!!!

x

Roll on summer! I am a sunny beastie! 4 weeks on Friday till we're off to Tenerife. Haven't bought a thing. I'm refusing to. No more clothes till I'm down in weight by at least another stone. My Asda trousers are a tiny bit tight if I'm honest but I'd rather set my hair on fire than ask for a bigger size! No chance. Not in a million, now way. Half a stone and they'll be fine. Hence why I'm miserable now for grazing so much Friday and Saturday. Hope I can make ammends. I think I need a wee kick up the bum every couple of weeks. Gained 1 last week, think I'm gonna gain again this week if I'm realistic and then I'll feel sick with disgust and kick it's ass next week. I think that's just gonna be my cycle. Ah well, wait 'n see eh?

Joy!

So long as it works we can't complain, my wee gain last week was definately a much needed kick up the a**e! altho hope i don't think i can be slack again after losing 3.5lbs - god its all mind games with yourself on this bloomin diet!! Goin out for pizza mid week (terrible i know!) so really must try and be ultra good for the rest of the week, free up some points. Here's hoping!!

I go to london in 4 weeks time. Schools stop 3 weeks on friday (not that im counting!) then away for a hen weekend to london, cannot wait!! We are going to see dirty dancing, gonny be a riot! Got dirty dancers t shirts made up, LOL!! Will really need to save points the week leading up to that weekend!!

x

Ooh girlie weekend away. How fab! We got tshirts done for my 40th - Sherry's Angels with the outline of Charlies Angels on the front and everybody's nickname and number on the back! In fact we had two. Black and pink - different ones for different nights. Only wear them when hairdressing now. Sad! Hope you have a fantastic time though. I'll be thinkin bout ya when I'm sunbathing....... like a beach whale! Oh sod it!

I was gonna say something else then and it's gone!......... I'm losing the plot!.........nope it's gone............ help me that's scary!......dimentia! Aaaargh!

Ah stuff it! I don't care if i look like a beached whale on holidays!! Usually do so used to it now!! I always think that a tanned big stomach hanging out is always better than a white big stomach!!!

Really looking forward to the girlie weekend, altho what i really want to see is Wicked!!! I'm actually obsessed with it, have read the book twice i absolutely love it!! My friend is over in New York for her first anniversary and they went to see wicked on friday night, im sooooo jealous!!! Really must get to see it!!

Thinking of a nickname to put on my t shirt as we speak... tricky, im usually just jo, not "just jo" that would be silly! just "jo". Any suggestions would be appreciated, im hopeless at these kinda things so uninspired at times!!!

x

Ah stuff it! I don't care if i look like a beached whale on holidays!! Usually do so used to it now!! I always think that a tanned big stomach hanging out is always better than a white big stomach!!!

Really looking forward to the girlie weekend, altho what i really want to see is Wicked!!! I'm actually obsessed with it, have read the book twice i absolutely love it!! My friend is over in New York for her first anniversary and they went to see wicked on friday night, im sooooo jealous!!! Really must get to see it!!

Thinking of a nickname to put on my t shirt as we speak... tricky, im usually just jo, not "just jo" that would be silly! just "jo". Any suggestions would be appreciated, im hopeless at these kinda things so uninspired at times!!!

x

We had a Jo with us and she was just called Jo! Should have been more like Ho - haha! She was a nightmare!

What about Elastoplast or Band Aid..... you'll need them if yer plastered! Haha - geddit?? Sigh........ ok I tried. Well you do fall over when intoxicated. I do too, I know.

:D

LOL!!! Band Aid would be appropriate as i most definately will be plastered and yup i fall over quite a lot!! U know we were talking in work today about drinking and the disguisting combinations we've drank before, one of the girls was saying she's drunk vodka and water before. I definately won tho, informed everyone there once was a time when i ran out of mixer and decided to use....wait for it.....try to stop yourself from wretching....MILK!!! oh god i can still taste it now, not clever and not recommended!!!
x

Oh yeah, I've done vodka and water or vodka and lime cordial!!! Where there's a will there's a way. :)

Thats my kinda thinking!!!! Right im off to bed, knacked!!! Nighty nite

x

Back